This forum

justme

homo economicus
It would be neat if instead of actual threads, Hall of Fame entries were links to the actual thread on the main board.

1. You wouldn't have two copies of the thread
2. Updates to the real thread would be reflected in the HoF 'real time'
3. It would be easier for people who wanted to comment in a HoF thread to do so.

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
Originally posted by justme
It would be neat if instead of actual threads, Hall of Fame entries were links to the actual thread on the main board.

1. You wouldn't have two copies of the thread
2. Updates to the real thread would be reflected in the HoF 'real time'
3. It would be easier for people who wanted to comment in a HoF thread to do so.
1. How many HOF players continue their career after they are in the HOF?

2. One of the more interesting things (to me) is to see how many views threads get after they hit HOF status, vs the threads "in situ"

3. Who says i want to make it easier? (NB one way to ruin a beautiful thing is to add to it).

i never really noticed it until just now.

In fact, i voted, that i didn't know what the hof was.

Afterwards i went to the main page and realized right away that it was Hall of Fame.

i always wondered what it was and i never bothered to go inside. I guess i was too busy with all the other sections.

Now that i see what it is, i will definately frequent it.

slinkybender said:
Does anyone read the HOF?
have not been frequenting HOF, but with njguy, saw new post, gave it a quick look, and after a skim through the "missionary" thread, it is a more than worthy destination for a great laugh ... and sometimes, that is just what what this banger needs

Gavvy Cravath

Moderator Emeritus
Oh, that's great, NJspas. And those are two great ones off the bat. For UG HOF'ers, you'd have to have a "First Class" comprable to the Baseball Hall of Fame ~ Cobb, Ruth, Mathewson, Wagner and Walter Johnson.

BillFurnitaure, JustLooking, slinky bender, ozzy and BMM!