There is no honor among Hobbyists

Status
Not open for further replies.
You Got Some Big Ones-Daniel

Daniel-

First off, it took a great deal of courage to be upfront and personal regarding your feelings about this issue. I think more folks around here should be so open and honest. I encourage you to keep it up.

What you described in your various scenes or troubles, is at times unforunately somewhat typical. I agree a great deal with what Pop had posted. As always, he hit the nail directly on the head.

Throughout my many years in this hobby, you discover who can and who cannot be trusted. At times, you learn through trial and error. It has happened to most of us. Unfortunately, Johns exist on this Board, just like on others, that take advantage of straightforward guys such as you. They use the information, connections, etc. for their own good, and could not care a damn about people such as you. However, a wide array of Johns exist on this Board, and others, that are willing to share information, and do it in a manner that is positve for all of us. And I include the providers in this mix.

My suggestion-keep on going in the direction that your heart takes you in. I have always really enjoyed reading your reviews, and have found your sharing of information to be very positive.

As for the Craigs List prices, they are what they are. If a lady chooses to ask for a rate of $150 for 2 or so hours, that is pretty much up to her. She may want a very limited clientle. This is a free market the last time that I checked it out.

Re: In Closing

Originally posted by Daniel_NYC
In fact I know many posters here that have more than one handle and each handle has a unique personality.

One might be honest and straightforward, another incarnation may be rude and abusive. Another may be completely incoherent.
And to think that people accused me of lying about what I have shared. I never knew that I might have been attacked by three different usernames - all by the same person.
If that's true, then those people have way too much time on their hands.

I don't really know about honor amongst hobbyists, but I was surprised how negative and nasty many people here could be towards themselves and others. So much so, in fact, that sometimes I wonder if its worth sharing info. Who wants to help people that just turn around and belittle you later? I can understand why many will keep their ATF providers or places to themselves.
I still think a board like this is an invaluable resource. I don't know how many times I've tried out new MP's at random from the newspaper...only to regret it later because of bad service. Too bad that people get crapped on here to the point that they are put off from helping out fellow hobbyists.

Originally posted by bushleaguer
I don't really know about honor amongst hobbyists, but I was surprised how negative and nasty many people here could be towards themselves and others. So much so, in fact, that sometimes I wonder if its worth sharing info. Who wants to help people that just turn around and belittle you later? I can understand why many will keep their ATF providers or places to themselves.
I still think a board like this is an invaluable resource. I don't know how many times I've tried out new MP's at random from the newspaper...only to regret it later because of bad service. Too bad that people get crapped on here to the point that they are put off from helping out fellow hobbyists.
BL,

There is a distinction that needs to be made here. One case is back-channeling information on providers, which seems to lead to all types of abuses, as well as positive interactions- like genuine friendships formed. The other case is providing reviews in a public forum that is susceptible to all types of criticism, and all for the most part remains anonymous. One quality both cases share is that information is key to their existence. The other is that the veracity of the information given and the source are quickly identified. The distinction is one is a closed exchange with limited feedback, and the other is wide open with innumerable sources of feedback.

If you post in an open forum anticipate all sorts of feedback. If anything, observe and learn the culture. There is an ecology here, and it can easily be deciphered. You learn what information is received with positive reviews and what doesn’t. You learn who to expect positive contributions from and who to ignore. You also quickly discover who provides factual information and who is useless or just entertaining without providing information worthy of much merit.

Regards,

Pop

danger-us

BACKCHANNEL BOY
Originally posted by popeye
You do not find many well-adjusted happily content people in this sphere of human existence. If anything, there is a preponderance of malcontents.
Some people need to spent more time fighting their inner demons instead of fighting everyone around them.

But then again, if we were all well-adjusted happily content people, how would this business thrive? In many ways it feeds off of the preponderance of malcontents.

It does not seem to be the guys who you back chaneled and told them about your current great finds and told them to charge too little but the whore herself.... she should have kept you at the same rate since you recommended your friends to her.

Another perspective

Originally posted by Sexywhore
So what is it exactly that you're complaining about? the fact that you're utr whores wised up to your taking advantage of them by keeping them for hours and paying them streetwalkers donations or the fact that you were exposed for being a bottom bitch john.
Last week there was a chick advertising on CL for a sucker to pay her $3K a month for a session a week. From the ad I figured out that I had recently met her for a coffee and a mutual look/see. She was 26, somewhat cute but no model type nor exotic. Just a plain catholic school type. Even kind of sexy but, hey lets be real. I am thinking some sucker might have ponied up the 3k and maybe never gotten to sessions 2-4. Actually she was such a man killer, even I (informed and experienced internet john that I am) got scared.

The point is, it cuts both ways. No shortage of top fishing bitch girls on CL either.

The eco majors on the board have discussed the principals of the free market ad nausium. Simply put, its a great country we live in and Daniel and his backchannel boys have a place along side of this black widow I met.

Dan, you are the man in my book. Just watch out for the free market, it catches up with you sometimes.

bigD
(aspiring bottom fishing bitch john)

In large part, I think it's only my own prissiness that makes me find all this backchannel passing-around-of-women so repugnant.

But while a large part of it is Daniel's problem (why in the world would you trust people you barely know who you met through an activity like this?), I think the problems he talks about in his posts are only half the story. (I am now going to change the subject: I'm NOT saying this has anything to do with Daniel and the stories he's told here.)

Let's face it, many of these backchannel hounds are just glorified wannabe pimps. They get women to give them cut-rate prices in exchange for a promise to introduce them to the guy's "list". In those cases (which, again, I'm NOT saying is what this thread's been about), the backchannel hounds deserve whatever bad things happen to them. I'm not gonna cry for them if other johns undercut them -- or if members of their stable find that they prefer to deal with men who don't treat them like pieces of meat.

Thanks JL, for your input.
I agree with your thoughts about johns who use referrrals for free/reduced price sessions. They are nothing less than de-facto pimps. Which is why I never engaged in such behavior.

Now, I might have received preferred treatment because I promoted a girl, but without an adequate control I can not make a valid analysis. I simply assume this is the service everyone who contracts her services is geting.

But you are right, and I have acknowledged that fact already.
Simply stated, i have no one to blame but myself for allowing it to go down the way it has. We live and learn.

Originally posted by justlooking

Let's face it, many of these backchannel hounds are just glorified wannabe pimps. They get women to give them cut-rate prices in exchange for a promise to introduce them to the guy's "list". In those cases (which, again, I'm NOT saying is what this thread's been about), the backchannel hounds deserve whatever bad things happen to them. I'm not gonna cry for them if other johns undercut them -- or if members of their stable find that they prefer to deal with men who don't treat them like pieces of meat.
And people wonder why I have the hots for this man...

Brilliant!

(Thanks.)

And I guess the point I was trying to make is that the prevalence of conduct like that in the backchannel makes it sort of inevitable that nice guys like Daniel are gonna get fucked over. Because everybody's already assuming that the guy who's distributing the girls must be getting something out of it, so they feel no compunction about trying to get theirs off him.

justme

homo economicus
Re: In Closing

Originally posted by Daniel_NYC
You do not know who you are actually talking too accross the World Wide Web.

While I would like to believe that my on board persona is very much like my real life personality, for some it is merely a facade.
Once I realized that so many internet johns were scum (yeah, so call me Polynana) I stopped posting reviews at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.