The Road Not Taken

This thread is mostly for the (much) older guys here but may be of use for the younger ones to think about.
Genius, (a much older guy), has woken from only a few hours sleep (happening a lot lately) at 3am, logged on to UG, and posted in the Flushing thread in response @judge_holden "So many Lily's, so many Amy's, Cicis, Cocos, WeeWees", his post in response to just prior posts including one about a crazy Amy.

I posted "But in my many travels only, in every sense of the word, one Claudia and only, again in every sense of the word, one Ting.", that caused me to muse on the choice I made in my younger days to choose the more conventional road: smart attractive wife, kids, nice comfortable home in the suburbs and lots of money.
What sticks in my head is the thought "sorry I could not travel both And be one traveler..."

Any thoughts?

billyS

Reign of Terror
I find myself in the same position lately for a number of different reasons, waking up in the middle of the night. Restless, logging on to UG to see if my previous posts have been approved.

On the road taken, I feel I went down both roads. The straight and narrow everyone at work and in my family sees. Same as you described.
Then there is "Billy"
Thought I had finally killed him off back a few years ago. I ran into a UG at a mall, we were both alone and he addressed me as Billy. I wasn't on UG at the time and I thought to myself "wow I haven't been called Billy in a long time. He's dead"
Guess not.

First of all BILLY... You will always be BillyS to us, and your posts always get approved. So you can wait until the morning to look.

Sophia Belle

Trickle Down Economist
I find myself in the same position lately for a number of different reasons, waking up in the middle of the night. Restless, logging on to UG to see if my previous posts have been approved.

On the road taken, I feel I went down both roads. The straight and narrow everyone at work and in my family sees. Same as you described.
Then there is "Billy"
Thought I had finally killed him off back a few years ago. I ran into a UG at a mall, we were both alone and he addressed me as Billy. I wasn't on UG at the time and I thought to myself "wow I haven't been called Billy in a long time. He's dead"
Guess not.
I always find myself in many positions... just sayin’