The Housewives are up in Arms as New Strip Club (Minx) Coming to Farmingville

So just thought I would share that I noted on a Neighborhood type social website in suffolk that the ladies were a bit crazed at the thought of this happening.
I hafta admit I'm a bit shocked if true as it is in a residential area(right on Portion/Horseblock Rd.) One of them did her research & posted the below link. If you scroll down to the bottom it shows a map of the new location, even though the wording on the page speaks to the club they have on Queens.
Anyone else with thoughts? Knowledge?

https://www.minxlongisland.com/

I remember when the Crystal Café opened in Farmingdale (15 years ago? - closed in 2019). All kinds of protests from the residential area nearby. As the place was properly zoned and CO'd and nobody could actually stop him from opening, the owner was thrilled about all the million $'s worth of free publicity he got in Newsday and local TV stations with people marching out front with signs saying NO STRIP CLUB.

I remember when the Crystal Café opened in Farmingdale (15 years ago? - closed in 2019). All kinds of protests from the residential area nearby. As the place was properly zoned and CO'd and nobody could actually stop him from opening, the owner was thrilled about all the million $'s worth of free publicity he got in Newsday and local TV stations with people marching out front with signs saying NO STRIP CLUB.
There was a similar situation about 15 years ago in portchester - a place called the diamond club. Every weekend local news would stand outside the club with cameras rolling and then show clips of the men who were entering leaving on the news.... The place stayed in business but the attention did cause some worry/embarrassment. Even the strippers said that it interfered with their living.

That’s not really residential. It’s across the street from the fire department and in a parking lot with a Dunkin’ Donuts a liquor store and a flea market. The only thing I find odd unless they closed is there used to be a daycare kid facility in that complex. It’s pretty barren from houses at that point on portion or anywhere close. Police are always in that area & it will be a magnet for activity in that regard there’s only one way in and one way out of the lot. It’s also not in the best area but will be excited to check it out!

There was a similar situation about 15 years ago in portchester - a place called the diamond club. Every weekend local news would stand outside the club with cameras rolling and then show clips of the men who were entering leaving on the news.... The place stayed in business but the attention did cause some worry/embarrassment. Even the strippers said that it interfered with their living.
Not so with Crystal. No news crews, just an article in ND and the local Farmingdale observer. Some locals marched in front of the place with signs during the day for a couple of days but since most business was during the night didn't do much. After they realized place wasn't going to close they gave up.

"I remember when the Crystal Café opened in Farmingdale (15 years ago? - closed in 2019). All kinds of protests from the residential area nearby. As the place was properly zoned and CO'd and nobody could actually stop him from opening, the owner was thrilled about all the million $'s worth of free publicity he got in Newsday and local TV stations with people marching out front with signs saying NO STRIP CLUB."

Not so with Crystal. No news crews, just an article in ND and the local Farmingdale observer. Some locals marched in front of the place with signs during the day for a couple of days but since most business was during the night didn't do much. After they realized place wasn't going to close they gave up.
I don't think an article in newsday and the famingdale observer is millions of free publicity.

....I don't think an article in newsday and the famingdale observer is millions of free publicity.
Literally you are correct.
It's just a figure of speech. Lot's of people use them, like a buddy of mine way back when said he had a million dollar wound that got him sent home.
Also for example I recall a post of yours a while back where you referred to a shit neighborhood. Certainly you where not saying that the neighborhood was literally made of shit as shit is not a building material.

I would welcome a strip club in my neighborhood...
Get rid of all the Starbucks, nail salons and an infinite number of take out Chinese and sub par pizza places
uh oh trader. Although your choice of words clearly meant (to almost everyone) to just emphasize the overabundance of Chinese and subpar pizza places, surely you don't literally mean there are an infinite number of them. If you don't issue a correction expect a pithy and biting post from @TheRicker :rolleyes:

Crystal Cafe was opened much longer than 15 years ago. I used to bowl at the nearby Farmingdale Lanes in the mid 1990s and it was there at the time.
I Year I actually did a post on UG in 2002 about it when I 1st joined up and even earlier post in a long defunct site - I was too lazy to check the date so I posted "15 years ago?"

I never been to Farmingdale Lanes (or any bowling alley for that matter even though I’m from the area since the 1980’s)
What was Farmingdale Lanes like? :)

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/84fb4dcb-bea8-4a7f-bbd9-55a31375644e

I Year I actually did a post on UG in 2002 about it when I 1st joined up and even earlier post in a long defunct site - I was too lazy to check the date so I posted "15 years ago?"

I never been to Farmingdale Lanes (or any bowling alley for that matter even though I’m from the area since the 1980’s)
What was Farmingdale Lanes like? :)

https://getyarn.io/yarn-clip/84fb4dcb-bea8-4a7f-bbd9-55a31375644e
No kidding!
Maybe we should organize an outing for us seasoned UG vets and have a day at the lanes .. I’m sure we can find some entertainment to hold our ‘Balls’ along the way :)