The HAPPY GUY Quandry?

Well, I hope that it goes without saying that I like this board a lot: reading other people's posts, writing them myself. This place is entertaining and informative.

I'm probably being paranoid, but I noticed as of late that there's nothing to "close out" a thread like a post from yours truly. A quick check of many various threads will reveal this to be true.

Do my posts bother people? I can hardly believe that my word is the be-all, end-all definitive last word on ANYTHING. Maybe I'm simply posting to death in threads that have run their course.

Okay, let me have it: tell me I'm an idiot, ridiculous, a loser, etc.

Sorry. I'm having a bad day today, and any affirmative, positive words are much appreciated (though by no means required).

Hotpuppy

Mr.Butterworth
I second Phantom's( who its nice to have back) remarks. I too began to see ( rightly or wrongly) an awful lot of threads ending with one of my posts. Its either coincidence, your post IS the last word, or people do have a problem with what you have to say. In any event, so what?
take care and keep posting,
HP

Okay, guys.

Thanks!

I really appreciate it. Seriously, I do.

I had a mini-nervous breakdown last evening (I'm fine now, nothing serious; I gues if we're all honest with ourselves we'll all admit to them now and again) although I'm completely, totally fine now.

I guess this was one of the aftershocks.

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
HG,

It's a common thing for people to perceive this, but in most cases, it's just not true ( ask Roberta of Houston about her experiences as The Thread Killing Bastard, or whatever nickname of that sort she uses ). if you take a look at the thread on the General board over the pasyt 30 days, there's 72 threads, only 3 of which 'you ended". That's hardly a lot.

Hotpuppy

Mr.Butterworth
SB is right, but if you look on the NY board you may notice that Carl has closed about 12 threads, by my count, since July 6. Now thats alot of threads! ;)
HP

BTW Phantom, thought you were retiring!

at least you can bring those back to life.

i locked a few that are now dead forever.

so what does that make me?

OJ?

i mean a murderer?

Yes, that's true. You guys are totally right.

I'm smiling as I read these latest posts (especially Ozzy's).

And I promise not to get upset if this, or any of my other posts, close out this or any other threads.

Thanks!

Heh There Happy Guy

Happy Guy,

I couldn't agree with Phantom more. Go out down a few cold ones-and then kick back and get a good bbbjtc. Pal-you need a good cleaning of the pipes. That will certainly change your outlook on life.

[Edited by RoosterC74 on 08-05-2001 at 07:13 PM]

ROTFLMAO!

Originally posted by slinkybender
HG,

It's a common thing for people to perceive this, but in most cases, it's just not true ( ask Roberta of Houston about her experiences as The Thread Killing Bastard, or whatever nickname of that sort she uses ). ...
Ya see happy Guy!? You're not alone!

I declare this thread officially DEAD!!!!!!! LoL!
Roberta