The 2016 Fall TV Season

What new shows have you found worthwhile watching? Or found to be a waste of your time?

What about returning shows? Better or worse? The Walking Dead seems to be the only show that draws any interest around here.

I think Westworld is interesting and shows lots of promise. With that, though, it seems to grow more complicated each episode. Still, it's fascinating to see the level of violence and nudity they feature on it. Yes, I realize it's a premium cable channel, but I still found it surprising.

Last edited:

Waterclone

Go ahead. Try me.
Haven't had a chance to watch Westworld yet, but it's high on my list. I like Timeless, and am looking forward to Time After Time (I love time travel as a genre).

The Good Place is surprisingly good.
Adam Ruins Everything is excellent.
Dirk Gently is also excellent, but I'm a few episodes behind.

There is a podcast called the TV Talk Machine. I highly recommend it for recommendations on what to check out and what to avoid.

Last edited by a moderator:
She who shall not be named was a excellent TV critic. All the shows she suggested were very good. Can't imagine what she is going through right now. Poor little snowflake.

I really enjoyed the first two episodes of Good Behavior and am eager to see if that continues with tonight's back-to-back episodes.

Also, I've found the new Kevin James show "Kevin Can Wait" pales in comparison to "King Of Queens." Don't like the wife, the kids, or his friends in this new setting.
On the other hand, Matt LeBlanc's show "Man With A Plan" is watchable. No great stretch here, but at least the supporting cast is not annoying.

Last edited:
I think Westworld is interesting and shows lots of promise. With that, though, it seems to grow more complicated each episode. Still, it's fascinating to see the level of violence and nudity they feature on it. Yes, I realize it's a premium cable channel, but I still found it surprising.
I look forward to watching Westworld on sundays as i find the walking dead unwatchable with both bad writing and acting..
Maeve"the madanm" has the sweetest Tits and makes me want to visit westworld as does the new brothel gal,Lili from Banshee fame..
For nudity alone this is a lock but both acting and writing are top notch..Goliath on amazon prime another Gem to watch..

The third and fourth episodes of Good Behavior continued to keep my interest.
The cable guide said that the next episode is a repeat, but they were wrong on their listing for the fourth so verifty that if you are recording the series.

Bull, the Michael Weatherly drama that follows NCIS on the CBS schedule, is a hit. But I think that is entirely due to the time slot and the draw of this fan favorite. Because I thought the show premise was extremely far-fetched. I know there are jury consultants. There's was even one in Lynbrook that apparently is now HQd in NYC. But I don't imagine they have a staff that includes a fashion consultant and a computer hacker. Plus, the episodes that I saw were mostly pro-bono work. How can a guy with such a staff of undoubtedly high-priced associates afford to work for free week after week? I should have known better than to watch a drama that was inspired by Dr. Phil's earlier career. So, I'm calling bullshit on Bull.

Last edited:
I totally agree except the season is too short with one year to wait for another season. I guess BBC can't afford a longer season?
I'm not sure that BBC America mirrors what is aired in the UK. Could be that on this side of ocean, we get an abridged version of the complete season. Or maybe just a much later airing?

Waterclone

Go ahead. Try me.
Bull, the Michael Weatherly drama that follows NCIS on the CBS schedule, is a hit. But I think that is entirely due to the time slot and the draw of this fan favorite. Because I thought the show premise was extremely far-fetched. I know there are jury consultants. There's was even one in Lynbrook that apparently is now HQd in NYC. But I don't imagine they have a staff that includes a fashion consultant and a computer hacker. Plus, the episodes that I saw were mostly pro-bono work. How can a guy with such a staff of undoubtedly high-priced associates afford to work for free week after week? I should have known better than to watch a drama that was inspired by Dr. Phil's earlier career. So, I'm calling bullshit on Bull.
It's all bullshit, but that doesn't mean it's not fun. I love Scorpion, but that show is ridiculous.

Granted, I've only seen the pilot episode of Bull so far, but it feels a little like Lie To Me, which I loved and was sorry to see cancelled.

Admit it. You only watch Scorpion for McPhee. Damn she's gorgeous. A doppleganger for a friend's former girlfriend.

If I wanted to watch ridiculous shows, I'd tune it to "My Mother the Car." I don't mind the absurd in comedy. But procedual law/police/medical dramas should be based in reality. I don't know how anyone in these professions can stomach these shows.

Last edited:

Waterclone

Go ahead. Try me.
But procedual law/police/medical dramas should be based in reality. I don't know how anyone in these professions can stomach these shows.
Should be based in reality??? ROTFLMAOPM

Why? They never have been before. Most cops never have to fire their guns in their careers. As opposed to tv cops who do it every episode. Every heard anyone say "I object on the grounds of blah blah blah?" Only on TV. In real courts the only word the jury hears is "objection". The rest is said in conference between the lawyers and the judge.

None of the stuff on any of these shows is remotely true. Bull is no more or less believable than The Flash, or anything else on TV.