Tesla Motors Talk

pokler

Power Bottom
Ah, but the market never looks back. Just look at Amazon. Hasn't shown a profit in 20+ years, but the stock just keeps going up and up. (Personally, I kept thinking the party would have to end at some point - like it maybe has with Tesla - and the stock would come crashing down. Now I'm starting to think that Bezos is just cooking the books, and when he sees, or thinks he sees, the street turn on him, he'll start showing massive profits and just refuel the rally).
Amazon came out of the box 20 yrs ago as the major player in online retail with no real competition. Tesla will have to compete with the other auto majors who have the resources and access to capital to crush Tesla. Whole different ballgame .

Amazon came out of the box 20 yrs ago as the major player in online retail with no real competition. Tesla will have to compete with the other auto majors who have the resources and access to capital to crush Tesla. Whole different ballgame .
And with your boy's complete abandonment of cafe mileage standards for autos and a return to coal over renewable energy ('cause certainly coal is the energy of the future. The rest of the world just has it all wrong), whatever momentum Tesla had in the past is likely coming to a screeching halt very soon.

pokler

Power Bottom
And with your boy's complete abandonment of cafe mileage standards for autos and a return to coal over renewable energy ('cause certainly coal is the energy of the future. The rest of the world just has it all wrong), whatever momentum Tesla had in the past is likely coming to a screeching halt very soon.
My boy ? I couldn’t care less about Tesla .

justme

homo economicus
I believe Elon offer those patents with out a royalty but no auto maker wanted anything to do with it.
There’s a few ways you could take that. I do think Tesla produces interesting technology. It’s just very hard to industrialize anything too new. I hope he has better luck with those house batteries...

So what’s the consensus on Musk’s twitter stunt yesterday? A legitimate statement of intent so he can stop having to deal with the analysts that he detests or just noise to burn the shorts he hates even more?

It doesn’t matter if it was just noise to burn shorts bc it really didn’t even do that, I honestly thought it was a hacked account since news came out about the saudis owning a few % of Tesla....

W/e his intentions were I’m sure he could pull off the financing but I don’t think it’s “secured” and he should probably be charged and thrown in jail or atleast fined a massive amount of his net worth for that stunt but I’m no lawyer or SEC agent myself but I do have a feeling he’s going to get away with it...

I would never short tsla but I’m thinking of buying some puts just for fun :)

I drive a Tesla Model S and it's the best car I've driven in my entire life and almost every current owner of a Tesla — based on my informal quizzes — plans to buy another replacement Tesla when it's due. The financial boys and girls of Wall Street are no match for Elon's Musk's creativity and intelligence. He is one among the smartest human beings on the planet at this moment in history

There product is great it’s there valuation and business plan I find flawed...

The bears are always saying they shouldn’t have a market cap twice that of fiat Chrysler but personally I don’t care about there market cap since it’s viewed as a tech company....

They just simply make a great product that they don’t make money on and because it’s such a reliable car with no internal combustion engine there’s no parts for dealers to mark up or repair service and keep lubricated....

My old Mercedes took nearly 10 quarts of oil on an oil change that was >100$ and the brake rotors were huge since it was an AMG so I sold it instead of getting the brakes done but I’m sure it would have been a 5000$ plus brake job with quality parts but electric cars while they do still have brakes they also use regenerative charging while slowing down which greatly decreases the ware on the brakes. These services are how traditional dealers make most of there money on new cars and is just another reason there not able to sell through traditional car dealers which is slowing there growth along with there poor production abilities and inablility to actually achieve the goals that they set out upon....

Its all speculation though and the options premiums on Tesla are way to high in my opinion so I would rather take the money to AC where atleast I’ll get a free room and food and won’t have to pay any commissions to loose it all...

I think it’s increasingly clear that Musk’s impulse control is lacking.
He does seem to be getting increasingly frustrated lately. Whether it's financial analysts, short sellers, or even that diver in Thailand who criticized that silly submarine of his (and who he turned around and labeled a pedophile, because, you know, he's an Englishman living in Thailand so he must be there for the boys - an accusation he quickly retracted and apologized for), he seems to be quite full of himself. Hellluvan engineer though.

That’s just some headline I heard this morning that I didn’t really pay attention to, because i assumed it was based on some over simplified equation with the short interest and market cap... and who really knows who got short how much n when at what price etc...

The fact is the headlines of a Saudi fund owning a bit of Tesla moved the stock about 9 or 10% yesterday a solid 10-20 min before the tweet came out and when it did come out the stock was already coming back down a tiny bit, so I don’t know how much exactly I just remember watching all of this on CNBC live and I was more angry at myself than Elon musk for the blatant attempt at market manipulation. I was considering sept 370ish calls when they were dirt cheap before earnings but I was to cheap and at the time I thought they were a bit pricey being so far out of the money.

Elon musk apologizing to tony w/e his last name is (the analyst he was rude to on the previous earnings call) hurt the short sellers more than his tweet did.