Teacher suspended after pole dancing video surfaces online

She was guilty of pole dancing while black in North Carolina. I bet it would not have happened to a white woman.
Don't know how you determined the white/black aspect.

Anyway, from the article:
"Mason, a single mom of two who holds several degrees, said she uses pole dancing as a way to stay in shape and as a form of self-expression.
“I’ve never felt ashamed of pole dancing. It’s just an art for me. I just don’t see it as negative,” Mason said.
Mason’s fate could be determined by the Hoke County School Board, the station reported."

Just a wild guess on my part, but if she used ballet (some of the ballet costumes are kinda skimpy too) as a way to stay in shape and as a form of self-expression does anyone think this would be an issue.

The Hoke County School Board may think it can determine her fate but I have a feeling the courts may feel otherwise.

The picture in Banacek's post didn't give you a clue?
Nope.
Seems to me he is saying that a white teacher posting online pics of her in a skimpy outfit doing pole dancing would not be suspended but a black woman would.

Population is 31% black according to US census and below is picture of school board (I assume as that's what I searched for) that has 3 out of 10 members (33% black);

IMHO, I just think, (gasp, gasp - stereotyping and profiling here by me) that since the major religion in the county is Evangelical Protestant/ Southern Baptist, that what you are seeing is response from an overly conservative but racially diverse board of Ed.

I have no direct knowledge of the terms of her employment, but it's entirely possible that she has an employment contract with a morals clause, and in the judgement of her employer, pole dancing violates it. Without a doubt many, if not most, Americans have no idea just how puritanical much of this country still is. Behavior and attitudes that exist elsewhere in the world and against which millions of Americans rant and rave and act like it's so primitive and barbaric is the very behavior and attitudes that were widespread and common here in just our parents and grandparents lifetime. We may be 100 years ahead of some parts of the world, but we sure as hell aren't any better. As evidence, I submit this copy of a public school teacher's contract from a Long Island school district from 1923 (my grandfather was already 35 years old). And as further proof, I have another, a letter of dismissal to a teacher because she chose to get married, dated 1941.
upload_2018-9-18_12-42-21.png

I have no direct knowledge of the terms of her employment, but it's entirely possible that she has an employment contract with a morals clause, and in the judgement of her employer, pole dancing violates it. Without a doubt many, if not most, Americans have no idea just how puritanical much of this country still is. Behavior and attitudes that exist elsewhere in the world and against which millions of Americans rant and rave and act like it's so primitive and barbaric is the very behavior and attitudes that were widespread and common here in just our parents and grandparents lifetime. We may be 100 years ahead of some parts of the world, but we sure as hell aren't any better. As evidence, I submit this copy of a public school teacher's contract from a Long Island school district from 1923 (my grandfather was already 35 years old). And as further proof, I have another, a letter of dismissal to a teacher because she chose to get married, dated 1941.
View attachment 3881
I have no problems with anything in that contract. I do however have a problem with "never to dress in bright colors".
Only shameless harlots dress like that .

(In case it's not obvious, I'm being facetious)

Nope.
Seems to me he is saying that a white teacher posting online pics of her in a skimpy outfit doing pole dancing would not be suspended but a black woman would.

Population is 31% black according to US census and below is picture of school board (I assume as that's what I searched for) that has 3 out of 10 members (33% black);

IMHO, I just think, (gasp, gasp - stereotyping and profiling here by me) that since the major religion in the county is Evangelical Protestant/ Southern Baptist, that what you are seeing is response from an overly conservative but racially diverse board of Ed.
I'd be willing to bet that nobody in that picture is having any fun.