Taboo or Not Taboo

Went to this club called Am Southampton Saturday night with a couple of friends place was jamming with all adult age groups ranging from the 20's and on up. After awhile I start talking with with woman later found out she was 50 and we dance and talk getting close with each other she asks if I want to split and go to her place sure. We get her place play some soft music and start making out on the couch then progress to her bedroom after a night of sex and what not I notice a picture on table and recognize a woman as a second cousin then I ask her who she was and said that she was her Mother I just realized I spent the night with a third cousin. Has anything like this ever happen to any of you..Just seeing if this is common.

Just for context, 2nd cousin can be less than 1.5% of DNA shared with you, and 3rd cousin can be less than 0.5% of DNA shared with you. In my DNA report DEFINITE 2nd cousins are listed as 4.01% maximum out of any of them, 2nd to 3rd cousins (means the company is not sure) are between 1.4% and 2.9%, etc

To give better understanding her mom and my mom are first cousins and were raised together My grandmother and her grandmother are sisters I grew up with her uncle who is my second cousin. While I am about 10 years older than her we did not grow up together and over time the family grew moving further east and staying in western Nassau and Queens we saw less of each other. After a nice discussion last night we decided that while the sex was very good and we both planned and seeing more of each other till we found out. we will not pursue any further for the risk of her sister and mom finding out they all live within a few miles of each other and often pop over anytime without notice and to clarify I just seen her mom and sister at my Aunts funeral in December so they know who I am. plus the given the fact I am married and her mom knows it, But does not know of the arrangement my wife and I have due to her illness. So to me yes taboo for a few reasons.

billyS

Reign of Terror
@chevyman53, I think this story is pretty hot.
Ironically in college I met a girl while we were both working at Roosevelt Field who was the daughter of my mother's cousin. A little different circumstances (I knew going in she was related but had never met her before) on how we met but the opportunity was there to knowingly bag a relative. But I passed because as I got to know her alittle I could tell it wasn't going to end well and I didn't want the drama.
She was a bit of a drama queen and would have caused problems.

On another note I have a much younger cousin of my wife who has hit on me twice now at weddings. She works close to where I do and has suggested more than once we get together for "lunch". But again this one has already been thru two husband's and there is no way she is keeping it secret if I bang her. Too much risk.

@billyS I have a sister in law that hit on me when my wife first got ill she was a hot number and though I was tempted to take her up on it I knew it was too close to home to this day she is still hot looking and teases me by saying you can still have this if you want...and she is on husband number two .....she just has not gotten caught yet with this one...

@billyS I have a sister in law that hit on me when my wife first got ill she was a hot number and though I was tempted to take her up on it I knew it was too close to home to this day she is still hot looking and teases me by saying you can still have this if you want...and she is on husband number two .....she just has not gotten caught yet with this one...
Sure why not — I mean what could possibly go wrong? :rolleyes:

FWIW, perfectly legal to marry 2nd and 3rd cousins in US and in many states legal to marry 1st cousin (and other states have to recognized it even if illegal in their states).

Only problem may be with children but only slight increase in genetic risk and that can be mitigated with genetic testing.

An advantage I see is during the ceremony there need not be a groom's side and bride's side for seating.

Ps. Albert Einstein married his cousin and so did Charles Darwin.

Sure why not — I mean what could possibly go wrong? :rolleyes:
She likes to talk and I was worried she might slip and tell one of friends who are mutual friends of my wife....While my wife consents to my lifestyle keeping it discreet is very important one reason I moved 600 miles away from her family

FWIW, perfectly legal to marry 2nd and 3rd cousins in US and in many states legal to marry 1st cousin (and other states have to recognized it even if illegal in their states).

Only problem may be with children but only slight increase in genetic risk and that can be mitigated with genetic testing.

An advantage I see is during the ceremony there need not be a groom's side and bride's side for seating.

Ps. Albert Einstein married his cousin and so did Charles Darwin.
FDR married his 5th cousin once removed and John Quincey Adams married a first cousin....

Today she called me asking if we can talk I said sure we met for coffee and light brunch. She wanted to know more about our hook up. Told her honestly it was a great time. Then the hammer fell you are married ? yes I am then went on to explain the whole situation around it. She then said she would like to still get together are you interested uhmm yes I am. The only thing your place is out. I then tell her about my love nest (apartment that I use for things like this ). So we now set up for this weekend I am just wondering now we know what we know things could get interesting