Sweeping her away

Not sure where to post this, but here we go:

I had a bit of an argument with my wife yesterday. It started out by her claiming that I never do anything nice for her and that I never "sweep her away" like the guys in the movies do (everything on TV must be real life you know). I asked her what she wants me to do, but she couldn't really give me any examples. Does anybody here know what she is asking for? I want to make her happy, I just need some advice....

Simple things

take a walk and hold her hand
Look into her eyes when you talk to her
nice restaurant, let her sit with her back to the wall
go grocery shopping with her
don't leave her side in cocktail parties
call her mid-day just to say "hi"

Its impossible to know what a woman wants...best we can do is make an educated guess and keep your fingers crossed you're close to the mark! If you aren't already doing it, try paying attention to her thoughts and moods and try to decipher the female code. Try some flowers or a romantic dinner, then an overnight at a nice hotel or even a weekend away from life would be a treat for her.

One thing I've learned is that sometimes its not about what you do, but the fact you actually made the effort at all that makes them feel special, desired and appreciated.

Good Luck,
CD

Sorry for the ALL CAPS

A MAN FINDS A BOTTLE WHILE WALKING DOWN THE BEACH ONE DAY
HE PICKS IT UP AND STARTS TO CLEAN IT OFF WHEN A GENIE COMES OUT AND GRANTS HIM ONE WISH

THE MAN THINKS FOR A MINUTE AND TELLS THE GENIE THAT HE WOULD LIKE A BRIDGE FROM CALIFORNIA TO HAWAII

THE GENIE TELLS HIM THAT IT WOULD BE ALMOST IMPOSSIBLE TO BUILD IT,
MAKE ANOTHER WISH

THE MAN THINKS AGAIN AND TELLS THE GENIE THAT HIS WISH IS TO BE ABLE TO UNDERSTAND WOMEN

THE GENIE SHAKES HIS HEAD AND SAYS DID YOU WANT THAT BRIDGE IN ONE LANE OR TWO

Barnabas

Last edited:

wolf5958

lil Fuzzybear
While I tend to agree with Barnabas's joke, when my wife was a live she would complain about me not paying attention to her. My solution which usually worked (unless I had been really bad) was I would arrange a baby sitter for the kids and send a limo to pick her up, than take her to a day spa for a treatment of what ever she wanted, when she got home there would be flowers waiting for her and a hand written invitation to dinner. The limo would take her to the restarant where I would be waiting for her. Sometimes if I could I would book a hotel room in NYC as part of it and maybe a show as well. The funny thing is that I later found out the spa treatment was where I had her already, the rest to her was gravy. The truth is do what you can to break the routine, cook her dinner, get the kids out of the house and give her a few hours peace and quite. Above all use your imagination be creative and make her fall in love with you all over again..

Last edited:
My biggest problem is to find out how I could go back and give a fuck about her. She is always nagging or yapping or telling me how I don't support her stupid house rules for the kids. When she finally shuts up, all I want to do, is sink back into the leather couch with a big fat whiskey in my hands and zone out.....

Last edited:

justme

homo economicus
Unless you're just venting, it sounds like you two have a very different understanding over the status of your marriage.