Suggested avatars

With the software upgrade giving everyone who doesn't have an avatar that colored initial, members might want to seriously consider adding their own avatar. This forum is for anyone who has a suggestion for other members. I've made suggestions a number of times and I can remember a couple of guys who went with my pick.

With the software upgrade giving everyone who doesn't have an avatar that colored initial, members might want to seriously consider adding their own avatar. This forum is for anyone who has a suggestion for other members. I've made suggestions a number of times and I can remember a couple of guys who went with my pick.
I haven't been able to figure out the way to set up an avatar. Kindly help.

I haven't been able to figure out the way to set up an avatar. Kindly help.
Click on your screen name at the upper right.
Then click on Account details. The third option is avatars.
Click the image to change your avatar.
Upload your avatar by choosing a file. (NOTE: You cannot do a simple copy-and-paste. You will have to save the image and upload it.)

If I haven't explained this properly, perhaps once of our resident IT gurus can help. thnx

Upload your avatar by choosing a file. (NOTE: You cannot do a simple copy-and-paste. You will have to save the image and upload it.)

If I haven't explained this properly, perhaps once of our resident IT gurus can help. thnx
Easier still, if you click on your screen name at the upper right and hover your mouse over the resulting avatar, "Edit avatar" comes into view. Click on that and the avatar editing applet appears. From there, choose your image file and proceed as described by Banacek. I already have an avatar, but I assume it works just as well with the preassigned letter avatars. Looks like as soon as you click your screen name on a mobile device, the existing avatar that appears has an edit avatar prompt.

Account detail shows up. Third option is Date of Birth. No mention of Avatar anywhere.

Easier still, if you click on your screen name at the upper right and hover your mouse over the resulting avatar, "Edit avatar" comes into view. ......
Did as directed. Nothing pops up when I hover over "G" avatar.

HERE IS THE LIST OF OPTIONS THAT SHOULD SHOW UP UNDER YOUR PROFILE:

Email

Email options

Custom title

Date of birth

Website

Occupation

About you

Account detail shows up. Third option is Date of Birth. No mention of Avatar anywhere.

Did as directed. Nothing pops up when I hover over "G" avatar.
As I posted after Perry noted elsewhere in reply to vad1's asking about taglines (Custom title), perhaps some options are not available to some members due to a glitch. The fact that members here have avatars is proof that this is possible. I could even surmise that maybe this was grandfathered in with the update for those that already had avatars. But as you saw in some posts, some members have added avatars under the update. One even took my suggestion and used that as an avatar.

So I suspect that maybe there is a glitch. Maybe it's even as simple as something to do with the device you are attempting this from. I only access the site on a PC and that is where I found the list of options. Are you similarly on a computer or are you on a mobile device? Then we will have to ask some of the members that recently added avatars where they did it from. Sorry to draw this out, but I really want to resolve this for you.

Okay, here's the answer on taglines under your avatar (or Custom titles, as it's known in the software) as far as I can tell. I checked with Wiggs and he didn't make his tagline. And since another member mentioned that he doesn't see the CUSTOM TITLES option, then it appears that is not a feature that members have. Only mods have that feature. Sorry about that.

I'm glad to see some of you going with avatars. Mayor Simpleton, vad1, out of control to name a few. It makes for a better looking board in my opinion.

HERE IS THE LIST OF OPTIONS THAT SHOULD SHOW UP UNDER YOUR PROFILE:

Email

Email options

Custom title

Date of birth

Website

Occupation

About you
And under mine using IE and clearing all history, etc, on exit:
Email

Email options

Date of birth

Website

Occupation

About you

That's odd, genius. As I reported elsewhere, it appears that members do not have the Custom title option that mods do. But everyone should have the avatar option. I will report that you are having this issue. Sorry about that. Hopefully, Slinky and the webmaster can figure it out.

I don't about doing it from the computer but from the phone I clicked on my (now avatar) icon next to the mail icon and account details. From there I can click to add my avatar.