Substance Abuse Facility

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a loved one in is in the need of immediate treatment for substance abuse- Her therapist has suggested an inpatient facility that caters to young adults (20's). dual diagnosis is needed-
My research has turned up many but some are private insurance and costs unfortunately will be an issue I have heard of Caron in PA and Hazeldon in MN, but thinking something a little closer to home

Any assistance much appreciated

Beth Israel Medical Center
Chemical Dependency Treatment Program

1st Avenue at 15th Street
New York NY 10003
Phone: (212) 420-4266
Hotline: (212) 420-4266

Addiction Psychiatry
The Addiction Psychiatry Division is a specialized service for patients who require simultaneous treatment of both a psychiatric condition and a substance-related disorder. Each of these disorders can serve as a barrier to effective treatment of the other.
I dated a heroin addicted hooker. Fun times.

Last edited:
I have a loved one in is in the need of immediate treatment for substance abuse- Her therapist has suggested an inpatient facility that caters to young adults (20's). dual diagnosis is needed-
My research has turned up many but some are private insurance and costs unfortunately will be an issue I have heard of Caron in PA and Hazeldon in MN, but thinking something a little closer to home

Any assistance much appreciated
I've heard it suggested that a distance from home is better...when they come out and go into a halfway house they have no 'friends.'

Trader, I hope your friend gets the help she needs. This is not a inpatient treatment center but an alternative to AA/NA for when she is clean. I have a session years ago with it's founder the late Albert Ellis during one of his seminars and he changed my whole view on life for the better.

http://www.smartrecovery.org/

Last edited:
A follow up to my post of 9/16-I have learned a lot over the past few months about the disease of addiction and substance abuse- It does not discriminate- It does not take sides- It affects the wealthy-not so wealthy and the poor- The addict will lie-cheat-steal-manipulate- do anything to get the next fix- They have no control over their addiction- It is a disease

I have learned to forgive

I have learned not to stereo type

I have walked past the addict on the street or thought about the criminal who is incarcerated for an offense related to drugs, thinking twice about prejudging

I have also learned that unfortunately unless one has the means to pay for help and get their loved one into a private treatment center, they will end up on the street or in jail OR do the unthinkable.

A follow up to my post of 9/16-I have learned a lot over the past few months about the disease of addiction and substance abuse- It does not discriminate- It does not take sides- It affects the wealthy-not so wealthy and the poor- The addict will lie-cheat-steal-manipulate- do anything to get the next fix- They have no control over their addiction- It is a disease

I have learned to forgive

I have learned not to stereo type

I have walked past the addict on the street or thought about the criminal who is incarcerated for an offense related to drugs, thinking twice about prejudging

I have also learned that unfortunately unless one has the means to pay for help and get their loved one into a private treatment center, they will end up on the street or in jail OR do the unthinkable.
Good luck with this trader I wish you and your loved one the best in this tough time.

Last edited:
Silver Hill Hospital in New Canaan, CT. They have a dual diagnosis unit. This is a facility for the rich and famous, however, so if cost is an issue you may want to look elsewhere. I believe Billy Joel treated there for his red wine addiction, among many other celebrities.

Last edited:
Hello everyone.
I have been dark on this board for a number of years only to re-emerge just recently. Looking at some of my old posts led me to this thread which I started in many years ago

The loved one who I spoke about was my child. The cruel disease of addiction took him from me not so long ago. The unimaginable loss I have suffered, I wish on no one.

For those of you who know someone that has an addiction problem, please do not judge, please do not stereotype or turn your back in them. No one chooses to be an addict. It is a disease, just like cancer that you have no control of.

For those of you who have some compassion and do not turn your back on someone in need, bless you..

Thank you for listening

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.