Stepping up in these challenging times

I’m thinking I got the best landscaper on LI. $800 upfront for the season includes spring & fall clean up, weekly cuts April to just this week & three fertilizations. Comes for the fall clean up early December. Babylon area.
Either your landscaper is completely out of touch, or you forgot to tell us your property consists of mostly concrete slabs and a few patches of grass :)

Either your landscaper is completely out of touch, or you forgot to tell us your property consists of mostly concrete slabs and a few patches of grass :)
Lol I used to wait until the landscaper would pull up to cut my neighbors grass and tell him to just cut my front lawn real quick for $20. He would take it usually, sometimes ask for $25.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Lol I used to wait until the landscaper would pull up to cut my neighbors grass and tell him to just cut my front lawn real quick for $20. He would take it usually, sometimes ask for $25.
Damn, that sounds like a plan but how often can you get away with that?
Do let it grow for a few weeks at a time?

When lockdown ended in June I had cement work done. These immigrant laborers busted their asses so I tipped the 5 workers $100 each when their boss wasn't around. Didn't want the boss taking the money for himself. I figured most of them didn't work that whole time and they did a good job. Not rich by any means but I felt it was the right thing or the decent thing to do anyway.

When lockdown ended in June I had cement work done. These immigrant laborers busted their asses so I tipped the 5 workers $100 each when their boss wasn't around. Didn't want the boss taking the money for himself. I figured most of them didn't work that whole time and they did a good job. Not rich by any means but I felt it was the right thing or the decent thing to do anyway.
Very generous of you..

I have found in many cases as a homeowner laborers, hired help, etc. seem to bust their ass doing work that most us would not go near