Stepping up in these challenging times

billyS

Reign of Terror
I have to agree with Genius and Trader here especially when it comes to those deserving of help. My dog groomer has a family with a husband that’s been out of work due to Covid and so when she reopened I ask her about bi-weekly bath service for my two dogs so as to bring some more work her way. Likewise Iv had my landscaper do power washing and other things to bring more work his way. I tend to be a gracious tipper for those who work hard so there’s my two cents.
In other news - I am an opportunistic guy and keep my ear open for non-pros hit hard financially and interested in making money but have yet to find any! Anyone else out there ready to help out a girl down on her luck?
Happy Hunting
Nutty Out
Landscapers have been working the whole time, at least here in Nassau County.
Plus they use illegal immigrants. I don't see the point in helping them out any extra.

That said I have been tipping waitresses, bartenders and those types a little more.

Plus they use illegal immigrants. I don't see the point in helping them out any extra.

That said I have been tipping waitresses, bartenders and those types a little more.
oh ok
I stand corrected
Thanks for setting me straight

I do find them entertaining .... How low can one go to get the poison out.
I do find it a great resource to eliminate potential providers when I see what they'll do for so little money
Oh, i can go very very low.
And i owe you an apology. You actually made me look very good back there. You thought that i knew the word "ambivalent", i didn't, i had to look it up, so you think I'm smart, thank you.
You also said i try to get head for 20 bucks, i actually go for 10 whenever possible, so you made me look like a high roller, thank you.
And finally, you admitted that you've read my posts for months. I on the other hand, don't read anyone's stuff, yours included, unless it pertains to me, so, thank you.
This had nothing to do with you. It was between me and genius, and could have ended there, but you put yourself in the conversation to make you look like what, a saint? There was no need for that, other than your own need for approval.
If you need to get the last word in, it's yours. I'm done with this topic, with you.

Oh, i can go very very low.
And i owe you an apology. You actually made me look very good back there. You thought that i knew the word "ambivalent", i didn't, i had to look it up, so you think I'm smart, thank you.
You also said i try to get head for 20 bucks, i actually go for 10 whenever possible, so you made me look like a high roller, thank you.
And finally, you admitted that you've read my posts for months. I on the other hand, don't read anyone's stuff, yours included, unless it pertains to me, so, thank you.
This had nothing to do with you. It was between me and genius, and could have ended there, but you put yourself in the conversation to make you look like what, a saint? There was no need for that, other than your own need for approval.
If you need to get the last word in, it's yours. I'm done with this topic, with you.
Word

Only on UG;
I can't believe I'm contemplating move posts from a thread on helping others to the Coliseum.
I'd like to be very clear about this, I'm not looking for a fight. I simply made a comment about how i feel, and ppl felt the need to attack my comment. Notice i didn't say anything about anyone else's comment. If ppl had just thought to themselves, "what an asshole", and moved on, none of this would have happened. It was THEY who came at me, and i defended myself.
That's all i gotta say about that.

And the owners are leaving those fall cleanup whoppers in mailboxes

After reading months of your posts trying to get head for 20 bucks your ambivalent reply comes as no shock. Good luck with karma
WADR, I do not see anything ambivalent about @iwantagoodhj247 reply as his thinking is clearly put. Also I do not see anything malevolent or even unethical about his trying to get bottom dollar for a provider's services. It's not like he offers them a higher amount, drives them to the middle of nowhere and says putout for $10 or get out; he makes an offer when he contacts the girl and she can either accept it or not. And as far as getting a discount from places, the places want a certain price for their products, perhaps adding in some extra charges for extra costs they incur because of COVID. Both parties can accept or reject.

As far as karma, I'm not referring to some magical force that balances things out; I believe in science not magic. For example, when I was a teen I would shovel the walk of an old widow next door. It was a short walk and didn't take me long and it only snowed a couple a times each winter. Never asked for anything; it was just the right thing to do (or as iwantagoodhj put it "Must be nice to be you."
One day she called me on the phone and said come on over I want you to meet someone. It turned out she had a really hot granddaughter about my age that I would never have met otherwise. Is that karma?

So to keep this thread on track, I have empathy for those who are suffering the effects of the China plague thru no fault of their own, what I give, or as the thread title says stepping up, has literally no effect on my financial comfort and I feel good when I do it (I also feel good when I see sex workers - but that's a different issue).

As far as karma, I'm not referring to some magical force that balances things out; I believe in science not magic. For example, when I was a teen I would shovel the walk of an old widow next door. It was a short walk and didn't take me long and it only snowed a couple a times each winter. Never asked for anything; it was just the right thing to do (or as iwantagoodhj put it "Must be nice to be you."
One day she called me on the phone and said come on over I want you to meet someone. It turned out she had a really hot granddaughter about my age that I would never have met otherwise. Is that karma?
Only if you married her.

When the service industry (restaurants, AMPs, providers, etc.) re-opened I made sure to hit up my favorites. It was great to reconnect with wait staff and service providers I hadn't seen in months. I am always a good tipper when it comes to good service, but as a welcome back I went above and beyond. Only for the first couple of times. All greatly appreciated the extra money.

For service providers that I have not formed a previous relationship with, I continue my normal good tipping practice.

Only if you married her.
Didn't marry her but when we talked at the old lady's house I told her that the Doors were going to do a concert at Stony Brook where I was a student and I could get tickets if she was interested. She literally screamed "are you kidding!" I took that as a yes.

So we are at the concert and when Jim Morrison was doing his thing she was literally shaking — I didn't know much at that time about female organisms but thinking back at how she looked she seemed to be having them right then and there (as were half the other girls in the audience.) Couldn't really blame her as the band had an electric organ that fed these rotating speakers — the sounds just shook your whole body and Morrison was something to see and hear.

After the concert we drove to a near by north shore beach. Lot of firsts: 1st time I smoked a joint, 1st time I ever got laid in my car — actually 1st time I ever got laid. She went off to school somewhere in California — never saw her again. Sigh.