Best Steakhouse in Nassau or Suffolk counties

I get the vivid picture of those dangling ripe “Sunkists.”

So, I haven’t had a dog in 50 years. But, I remember as a kid, I was considered a pretty good dog owner by feeding my boy a couple of cans of “Alpo” everyday, with a “Milkbone” for dessert.

I assume that “fast food” would be insulting to a caliber of canine with such an impressive set of gonads.

I mean, does he require his beef properly aged and do you order take-out for him at Peter Luger’s? (LOL)
He gets boiled organic chicken which I will mix with a little chicken stock and cod liver oil. I also mix in some high quality dry food to stretch it out. NEVER any table food unless we have some left over beef or chicken thats been grilled. Once a week a nice grilled steak in place of the chicken.

He gets boiled organic chicken which I will mix with a little chicken stock and cod liver oil. I also mix in some high quality dry food to stretch it out. NEVER any table food unless we have some left over beef or chicken thats been grilled. Once a week a nice grilled steak in place of the chicken.
That is really an impressive diet.

Your relationship with this fine purebred seems to be one of great love and respect.

It’s a beautiful thing. Thanks for sharing.

What is it with woman and skirt steaks? The wife often orders that at Frank's. She even went to an Italian place in Brooklyn with her GF's and ordered it there, too. In my review above, I mentioned the woman who dined with us and that's exactly what she ordered. She liked it. Was the only one who was pleased with their selection. Maybe you're on to something with skirt steaks for the skirts.
If you haven't tried it you must, The caramelized onions are the best!!!! And your right, I don't see many men order it because it's not enough meat for them.

Party of five one bottle of wine bunch of bottled spring water the meal usually runs about 60 ahead. The issues with service were basically got a few selections to meet at the very beginning then they all disappear out of the 10 offerings they normally have I don't think I got more than five different styles of meat

I did email the manager after I got the business card on the way out mentioned my issues and complaints. Got a call the next day from the manager discussed what had happened and get comped dinner for five down the road which I thought was very very nice

Skirt steak is a really tasty piece of beef...

But then I prefer butchers cuts...

Hanger steak is my fave..

I crack up inside when someone I'm with orders Filet and comments how great it is...

justme

homo economicus
Skirt steak is a really tasty piece of beef...

But then I prefer butchers cuts...

Hanger steak is my fave..

I crack up inside when someone I'm with orders Filet and comments how great it is...
I’ve trash talked filets for years, but my wife started roasting whole tenderloins, and I’ve repositioned my stance on the cut.

Although she still made me a tomahawk for my birthday.

Justlooking, Slinky, and I once spent time rhapsodizing the hanger steak at some late night bistro in Chelsea or the MPD. Maybe @Slinky Bender i remembers the place…

justme

homo economicus
Roast tenderloin can be wonderful...

But an individual Filet Mignon on a plate with some parsley. potatoes and greens..

Sucks
Yeah, the only time I’ve ever enjoyed it as a steak, it’s been covered In other fats to compliment its leanness: bacon, foie, marrow, butter.

kind of defeats the purpose, and I’d rather just have a ribeye and get the meat and fat mixed together.

Johnny.Marr

Unabashed Shill
Looking for an Italian steakhouse for lunch.
Saw there's one in Seaford. Any good?
Would prefer a western Suffolk location. The one in West Islip is dinner only.

Johnny.Marr

Unabashed Shill
Vittorio's Italian Steak House - on Broadway in Amityville (south of Oak St/north of Merrick Rd) on the triangle in the Village. Prime aged steaks - a good spot. Opens at noon for lunch....enjoy!
Thank you. Lunch menu is basically salads and sandwiches. Will have to call to see if dinner selections are available at lunch.

Johnny.Marr

Unabashed Shill
Pace's, no creamed spinach at this Hauppauge premium priced steakhouse, 631-979-7676

SESSION & PRICE: Lunch $$$

Was at Pace’s in Hauppauge with a few of my buddies for lunch last week. The short of it is it’s a mediocre steakhouse masquerading as a high end one. The long of it follows.

Walking in the room, you are presented with a classical club-like atmosphere: dark wood paneling, old framed pictures on the walls, white linen tablecloths. Waiters were in white shirts, black vests and ties so I expected this to be an upscale visit.

What was on the lunch menu was brief with the two highlighted items being chicken parmesan and a salmon dish. The chalkboard daily specials were all seafood dishes, odd I thought for a steakhouse.

Since this was not going to be a QV, we ordered appetizers and asked for two orders of baked clams after first asking the waiter if they were chopped clams. But there seems to have been a miscommunication because they brought raw clams instead. I like my clams in the following order of preference: bearded clams, baked clams, and raw clams way down on the list. It's fair to say I was not pleased. My friends were okay with raw, though, so they gladly ate them. Still, the clams themselves were only about the size of a half dollar. Worse yet, the cocktail sauce was a do-it-yourself affair with separate dishes of ketchup and horseradish, a first for me. You would expect full-service at a premium steak joint. This reminded me of "you-do" at the Asian massage parlors.

A few of us ordered the lobster bisque, which was bland and heavily thickened. There were a few lumps of seafood floating on the top but I won’t vouch that they were actually lobster. When the main dishes came, I’ll have to say that the steaks were generously portioned and my marinated NY strip steak was tasty but a little tough. Another of us had the aptly named petite fillet mignon. It was ordered medium but once he got to the center, it was still twitching. The Porterhouse was massive and not bad at all. The salmon was rated very good. Unlike most traditional steakhouses where everything is à la carte, mashed potatoes, a bowl of rice, and a medley of vegetables served family style were included with the steaks. All agreed they were bland. But the one thing not offered up was
creamed spinach – a favorite of mine. To me, that's a steakhouse staple. And to continue the disappointment and lack of service when I asked for steak sauce, I was brought a small cup of cocktail sauce, mixed ketchup and horseradish. Pointing this out to our waiter, he replied that is their steak sauce (?), another first for me and the second "you-do" they offered us.

We split a couple of cheesecakes and had coffee to close out the meal. They brought cream and half & half, then asked if we wanted spoons (?). Umm, why wouldn’t we? The cheesecake was just all right but by no means memorable and it was a disappointing finish to the visit.

RATING: 6.5 out of 10 overall for Pace's

For very little less than a top tier steak house, we were expecting a lot more. Aside from the atmosphere, I think my preference would be Outback as far as quality and price.

Pace's, no creamed spinach at this Hauppauge premium priced steakhouse, 631-979-7676

SESSION & PRICE: Lunch $$$

Was at Pace’s in Hauppauge with a few of my buddies for lunch last week. The short of it is it’s a mediocre steakhouse masquerading as a high end one. The long of it follows.

Walking in the room, you are presented with a classical club-like atmosphere: dark wood paneling, old framed pictures on the walls, white linen tablecloths. Waiters were in white shirts, black vests and ties so I expected this to be an upscale visit.

What was on the lunch menu was brief with the two highlighted items being chicken parmesan and a salmon dish. The chalkboard daily specials were all seafood dishes, odd I thought for a steakhouse.

Since this was not going to be a QV, we ordered appetizers and asked for two orders of baked clams after first asking the waiter if they were chopped clams. But there seems to have been a miscommunication because they brought raw clams instead. I like my clams in the following order of preference: bearded clams, baked clams, and raw clams way down on the list. It's fair to say I was not pleased. My friends were okay with raw, though, so they gladly ate them. Still, the clams themselves were only about the size of a half dollar. Worse yet, the cocktail sauce was a do-it-yourself affair with separate dishes of ketchup and horseradish, a first for me. You would expect full-service at a premium steak joint. This reminded me of "you-do" at the Asian massage parlors.

A few of us ordered the lobster bisque, which was bland and heavily thickened. There were a few lumps of seafood floating on the top but I won’t vouch that they were actually lobster. When the main dishes came, I’ll have to say that the steaks were generously portioned and my marinated NY strip steak was tasty but a little tough. Another of us had the aptly named petite fillet mignon. It was ordered medium but once he got to the center, it was still twitching. The Porterhouse was massive and not bad at all. The salmon was rated very good. Unlike most traditional steakhouses where everything is à la carte, mashed potatoes, a bowl of rice, and a medley of vegetables served family style were included with the steaks. All agreed they were bland. But the one thing not offered up was
creamed spinach – a favorite of mine. To me, that's a steakhouse staple. And to continue the disappointment and lack of service when I asked for steak sauce, I was brought a small cup of cocktail sauce, mixed ketchup and horseradish. Pointing this out to our waiter, he replied that is their steak sauce (?), another first for me and the second "you-do" they offered us.

We split a couple of cheesecakes and had coffee to close out the meal. They brought cream and half & half, then asked if we wanted spoons (?). Umm, why wouldn’t we? The cheesecake was just all right but by no means memorable and it was a disappointing finish to the visit.

RATING: 6.5 out of 10 overall for Pace's

For very little less than a top tier steak house, we were expecting a lot more. Aside from the atmosphere, I think my preference would be Outback as far as quality and price.
"You do", lmao!!

If I do, why I pay you?
For the live visual, of course!

Guess the same applies here in your AMP/Pace's review style!

V