Best Steakhouse in Nassau or Suffolk counties

Johnny.Marr

Unabashed Shill
I like Franks Steakhouse on Lincoln Ave in Rockville Center. If you need Kosher - Doma Land and Sea in Cedarhurst.
Your mention of Frank's reminded me of an experience I had there last year. Not at the RVC one though. At Jericho.

My family has always enjoyed dinner there. (The kids especially love drawing on their placemats. ) Only worry is that I keep expecting one of my ATF providers who works out of the motel next door to come strutting in when we're there. (Just kidding. She's actually cool. Doubt she would ever out me.)

This time, I went there for a long lunch with a group of friends from work. Everyone but the lone female that joined us agreed it was subpar. All the guys to a man did not enjoy it in the least. Two of us had the meatloaf and it was just so disappointing. I mean, how do you screw up meatloaf? Meatloaf from Boston Market is better. The two other guys had steaks which were overcooked. Always ruins a good cut. Even the sides disappointed. Was not fitting fare for a steakhouse. Drinks and the service were fine though. Maybe it was an off day. Was at the height of the pandemic after the restaurants were just beginning to open up, so maybe they were having staffing issues with cooks.

One other caveat about another "steakhouse." While the family also loves J&R's (multiple locations), NEVER EVER EVER dine there with grownups other than the wife. The adults will never forgive you for dragging them there for what is basically glorified Arby's. For the family, though, you can't beat the selection and the cost. Especially when you want a break from the high prices at a place like Frank's.

Your mention of Frank's reminded me of an experience I had there last year. Not at the RVC one though. At Jericho.

My family has always enjoyed dinner there. (The kids especially love drawing on their placemats. ) Only worry is that I keep expecting one of my ATF providers who works out of the motel next door to come strutting in when we're there. (Just kidding. She's actually cool. Doubt she would ever out me.)

This time, I went there for a long lunch with a group of friends from work. Everyone but the lone female that joined us agreed it was subpar. All the guys to a man did not enjoy it in the least. Two of us had the meatloaf and it was just so disappointing. I mean, how do you screw up meatloaf? Meatloaf from Boston Market is better. The two other guys had steaks which were overcooked. Always ruins a good cut. Even the sides disappointed. Was not fitting fare for a steakhouse. Drinks and the service were fine though. Maybe it was an off day. Was at the height of the pandemic after the restaurants were just beginning to open up, so maybe they were having staffing issues with cooks.

One other caveat about another "steakhouse." While the family also loves J&R's (multiple locations), NEVER EVER EVER dine there with grownups other than the wife. The adults will never forgive you for dragging them there for what is basically glorified Arby's. For the family, though, you can't beat the selection and the cost. Especially when you want a break from the high prices at a place like Frank's.
I’d rather go to a diner than JRS.

Went to Franks once in Jericho. What a mistake, best part was the table art. Probably tasted better being the steaks had zero taste.

Johnny.Marr

Unabashed Shill
It's Jr's, not initials for anything. Used to be numerous locations in Suffolk, lake Grove, Patchogue, Rocky point. Probably a few more. I know a couple have closed.
It's actually J&R's. They have locations in Calverton, Medford, Rocky Point, and Islip. Calverton is the first one I tried first when I was out by the cemetery. Islip is the one I've been to the most. They may not be the same owners in all the locations.

Johnny.Marr

Unabashed Shill
Franks has the best Skirt Steak, and though I am not a Skirt Steak fan, it's top notch at franks ;)
What is it with woman and skirt steaks? The wife often orders that at Frank's. She even went to an Italian place in Brooklyn with her GF's and ordered it there, too. In my review above, I mentioned the woman who dined with us and that's exactly what she ordered. She liked it. Was the only one who was pleased with their selection. Maybe you're on to something with skirt steaks for the skirts.

Went to Fogo de Chao last night. It was pretty good but the cost is a little high. Service need some work too. Just got done firing off an email to there manager. Let's see if they take care of me post meal. Dropped over 400 for the fam and was not to happy

Went to Fogo de Chao last night. It was pretty good but the cost is a little high. Service need some work too. Just got done firing off an email to there manager. Let's see if they take care of me post meal. Dropped over 400 for the fam and was not to happy
It’s an impressive building from the outside. Always wondered about it.

What was exactly your complaint? Did you ask for a manager while you were there?

100 lb imported German Doberman with balls the size of oranges. He's well fed and cared for :eek:)
I get the vivid picture of those dangling ripe “Sunkists.”

So, I haven’t had a dog in 50 years. But, I remember as a kid, I was considered a pretty good dog owner by feeding my boy a couple of cans of “Alpo” everyday, with a “Milkbone” for dessert.

I assume that “fast food” would be insulting to a caliber of canine with such an impressive set of gonads.

I mean, does he require his beef properly aged and do you order take-out for him at Peter Luger’s? (LOL)

How many of you?
Drinks?
Seems expensive..