STD issues and discussion

There is an antiviral if you come in contact with it.

However:
The United Kingdom Health Security Agency has warned 'men who are gay and bisexual' to be aware of unusual rashes or lesions and contact a doctor without delay in such a case. The warning comes after the UK reported its ninth monkeypox case since May 6, with the UKHSA confirming 'recent cases predominantly in gay and bisexual communities, or men who have sex with men

Anyway, turns out that people vaccinated against smallpox are protected from monkeypox 85% effective).

So looks like I'm in the clear for two reasons:
1. I'm not a gay or bisexual male:rolleyes:
2. I've been vax'd for smallpox 2X's, once as a kid and again in the early 70's courtesy of US military.:)
I think he was joking.

Ok, so i was at a place in Flushing the other day, will review later. Started with BBBJ, and then she asked if I wanted BBFS. I said no. Put the cover on and not too long after it started feeling real good, and then i realized condom broke. All in all I was in her probably 1 or 2 minutes. She spayed the shit out of me with alcohol. But now I am freaking out a bit.
I started taking amoxicillan i have at home from winter. But freaking out a bit. Any advice?
Bring your own rubbers, ALWAYS!

Since last smallpox vax was in 1972 and you got it at 1 year old — so it's the under 50 crowd, not the under 40 crowd.
Many of 50 year olds didn't get it. Born in January 1972, and I never got the shot, my parents recently found my immunization card along with all my other elementary school stuff and not listed as one i received

Did they stop giving small pox vaccines because the disease had been eradicated?
Yes.
The only (known) 2 samples of the smallpox virus are stored cryogenically at CDC in Atlanta and at Russian State Centre for Research on Virology and Biotechnology, Koltsovo for "research" :eek:purposes.

Like I posted before, I'm good as I have been vaccinated 2X and just about everyone in US 50 or older in US has been vax'ed at least once. To everyone else - well not to worry, the samples are safely stored :rolleyes: (unless of course if for some reason everyone in Russia and perhaps China is getting vaccinated)

I've also been vax'ed against bubonic plague ( courtesy of US military)

Ps. The bubonic plaque shot really hurt about 2 minutes after injection. I remember like it was yesterday, walking out the door of the medical building seeing all the guys in my company rubbing their arms, doing push ups and clearly in pain and wondering WTF is going on until a minute later it was crystal clear to me what the reason was.

Yes.
The only (known) 2 samples of the smallpox virus are stored cryogenically at CDC in Atlanta and at Russian State Centre for Research on Virology and Biotechnology, Koltsovo for "research" :eek:purposes.

Like I posted before, I'm good as I have been vaccinated 2X and just about everyone in US 50 or older in US has been vax'ed at least once. To everyone else - well not to worry, the samples are safely stored :rolleyes: (unless of course if for some reason everyone in Russia and perhaps China is getting vaccinated)

I've also been vax'ed against bubonic plague ( courtesy of US military)

Ps. The bubonic plaque shot really hurt about 2 minutes after injection. I remember like it was yesterday, walking out the door of the medical building seeing all the guys in my company rubbing their arms, doing push ups and clearly in pain and wondering WTF is going on until a minute later it was crystal clear to me what the reason was.
One would think there would be more of these “samples” stored in super secure facilities ?

Ok, so i was at a place in Flushing the other day, will review later. Started with BBBJ, and then she asked if I wanted BBFS. I said no. Put the cover on and not too long after it started feeling real good, and then i realized condom broke. All in all I was in her probably 1 or 2 minutes. She spayed the shit out of me with alcohol. But now I am freaking out a bit.
I started taking amoxicillan i have at home from winter. But freaking out a bit. Any advice?
STDcheck.com
That’s who I use. A little pricey but worth the piece of mind. They won’t send the results your Dr although they’ll be in the Quest lab system.
You can access the results directly from quest or wait from the site (Health labs) to email you the results.

I have used the STD check service and it’s great. I use burner name and email, and u can get the results off quest labs portal.
just remember exactly the name and dob you enter or u can’t get results.
I have used this a few times as well and I have used the alias method as well. Works fine and best thing you can do for your mental health

Is anyone here concerned about catching Monkeypox while hobbying especially in the AMP’s just curious?
Only guessing but from what I have read and heard about how it is transmitted (primarily at gay sex raves) I have zero concern and would think the majority of UG members would not be in such situations.

doesn't seem applicable to AMPs.

Ps. IMO it is technically not an STD.

Only guessing but from what I have read and heard about how it is transmitted (primarily at gay sex raves) I have zero concern and would think the majority of UG members would not be in such situations.

doesn't seem applicable to AMPs.

Ps. IMO it is technically not an STD.
Regardless of one's sexual orientation, anyone is at potential risk for the disease. However, the disease seems to be be transmitted exclusively through gay and bisexual men (but no known outbreak of a bisexual man having infected a single female yet), and it is being fear mongered that it could quickly spill over into hetero/lesbian groups if it is not curbed.

This seems to be following the HIV/AIDS virus method of disease vectors, that lesbian and hetero only groups do not contribute to infections, it is primarily a gay and bisexual men disease vector, the bisexual men being the only source for the hetero community (now that bloodcenters, and organ donations actively monitor for it)

And you know this how?
From this and other news stories, that it keeps being found in other labs. Add in that most military labs don't state what they have, and that many countries take US money to research virus/bacteria etc outside of the US (as it goes against our guidelines, laws in the US)

In 2021
https://www.cnn.com/2021/11/16/health/smallpox-vials-found/index.html

and it happened in 2014 as well
https://www.science.org/content/article/six-vials-smallpox-discovered-us-lab
https://www.cnn.com/2014/07/11/health/smallpox-found-nih-alive/index.html

and CIA documents going back to 2002
https://www.cidrap.umn.edu/news-per...have-secret-smallpox-virus-stocks-report-says

Regardless of one's sexual orientation, anyone is at potential risk for the disease. However, the disease seems to be be transmitted exclusively through gay and bisexual men (but no known outbreak of a bisexual man having infected a single female yet), and it is being fear mongered that it could quickly spill over into hetero/lesbian groups if it is not curbed.

This seems to be following the HIV/AIDS virus method of disease vectors, that lesbian and hetero only groups do not contribute to infections, it is primarily a gay and bisexual men disease vector, the bisexual men being the only source for the hetero community (now that bloodcenters, and organ donations actively monitor for it)
And the City is sleeping on this and not enough vaccine available.

Amoxicillin is an antibiotic, it's not gonna help you with a viral disease. Uti maybe, get tested. Hope all goes well.