Split Sets or Full Body Workout? Heavy Weight or Technique centered?

The title says it all. I work a lot and the hobby and dating and SA all these things plus socializing with Friends take up lots of time.

What do you guys do Split Sets or Full body work outs? I work out if real Lucky three times a week. I typically do two per week. Ideally should be 4. Anyway i prefer Split Set but may switch cause of lack of going to the gym.

Also heavy weight or more empahsis on technique?

billyS

Reign of Terror
Depends what you want. I started doing CrossFit about ten years ago and that covers everything. I also take a day to just lift and with the warmer weather coming up I'll run a day or two.

But if you are pressed for time I'd recommend doing circuits at a global gym on machines.
Before CrossFit this was my MO.
Do a machine for each body part, say a set of 10 to 12 at the heaviest you can go. Try to do three roundds. Keep moving. Alternate push and pull muscles. I'd go chest, back, shoulders, biceps then triceps. Same with legs.
This way you hit everything in one day. So even if you only make it twice a week you've hit every body part twice.

7 days a week workout always beginning at 5:00 AM alternating upper body and lower body each day to provide 48 hours recovery. Abdominals every day.

Exercise is the easy part. It is the adherence to proper diet that is the most important and difficult aspect.

7 days a week workout always beginning at 5:00 AM alternating upper body and lower body each day to provide 48 hours recovery. Abdominals every day.

Exercise is the easy part. It is the adherence to proper diet that is the most important and difficult aspect.
Are you retired?? Every day is virtually impossible for me. Yikes 5am working out!!

Good shit though keep it up.

Are you retired?? Every day is virtually impossible for me. Yikes 5am working out!!

I am in a working retirement. I started a business 12 years ago similar to my lifelong profession (which was also self employed). Although I still work 6 days a week, it is a more relaxed and less stressful situation as making money is no longer my priority.

I workout at 5:00 AM every morning because it is the only time I can totally focus on the workout and religiously keep it up. During the day people pull so much out of you that many times by the end of the day, I am drained. I have my most energy early in the morning after my 3:30 awakening and coffee and computer ( including a review of UG from the day before). I feel that it is important to take care of "number one" first in the day. It makes me a better person during the rest of the day and gives me a better tolerance of the people I encounter during the day.

At this age (64) good health, and physical and mental fitness are my life's priority and my passion, followed by Asian massage and the mongering hobby.

Some people like to workout at the end of the day as a stress reliever and for the socialization. That is fine. You must find out what works best for you and your lifestyle. The social aspect means nothing to me and all workouts are solitary.

Every day is a bit much, but I try not to overdo it, especially at my age. It is difficult to get the 30 year old mentality out of my mind, but I keep reminding myself... "It is time to act more like your age" LOL.

To avoid overtraining and injury, I constantly tell myself..."stimulate, don't mutilate the muscles". In the long run you do get better results. Recovery is important for growth, maintenance, and repair and one must determine through their own trial and error, how thier body responds to exercise, diet, and recovery.

Now see what you've done. I could write narratives about physical fitness even greater than my mongering perspectives. LOL

Are you retired?? Every day is virtually impossible for me. Yikes 5am working out!! .
Before I retired I would leap out of bed, put on my laid out gym attire, grab my gym bag and night before setup hanger of clothes needed for work and head out the door at 5:30am (before I had a chance to change my mind!) to the gym. Did my hour workout, then my morning hygiene and other necessary functions right there in locker room, get dressed, stop at McD's for my 99¢ coffee and on to work.
It adds less time than you would think and the people in the gym at that time are all business - no BS'ing, no tying up the equipment, etc— they are there to do their thing and get done.. Completely different type of gym members that you see in the afternoon or weekends. Left my weekends with more time for more fun things.

I may not live longer with this routine but if I do I expect to postpone the age at which I need to use a walker.

Before I retired I would leap out of bed, put on my laid out gym attire, grab my gym bag and night before setup hanger of clothes needed for work and head out the door at 5:30am (before I had a chance to change my mind!) to the gym. Did my hour workout, then my morning hygiene and other necessary functions right there in locker room, get dressed, stop at McD's for my 99¢ coffee and on to work.
It adds less time than you would think and the people in the gym at that time are all business - no BS'ing, no tying up the equipment, etc— they are there to do their thing and get done.. Completely different type of gym members that you see in the afternoon or weekends. Left my weekends with more time for more fun things.

I may not live longer with this routine but if I do I expect to postpone the age at which I need to use a walker.
Salute to you and 60yr old on this. Great you two are being proactive on prolonging your hobbying career!! Lol

And it is easily not impossible if you REALLY, REALLY want it bad enough. Just the same as making money.

The problem is that people THINK they want it bad enough, but in reality, they really don't. If they did, they would relentlessly make it happen.

And it is easily not impossible if you REALLY, REALLY want it bad enough. Just the same as making money.

The problem is that people THINK they want it bad enough, but in reality, they really don't. If they did, they would relentlessly make it happen.
I work 50+ hrs a week. I am seeing 2 SB's. 1 weekly . Add to that hanging out with friends from time to time. It is virtually impossible for me.