Snow blowers

Don't the electric snow blowers come with more than one battery? If not how much extra would another cost? Could you charge one, put it on the side and charge the other and be ready to do 1 or 2 houses?

Mine has two big ones ... i looked at buying another two but they are hideously expensive. I don't think I need them - I will see as time goes by if I need spare batteries.

Yeah, I had the same problem with my gas unit — it ran out of gas when almost done (I only fill half tank as I don't like a lot of gas left in the tank when done.) I had to get my gas can, pour in some gas, and start it again to finish. Didn't bother with the electric start as when the unit is hot, a couple of pushes with my thumb on the fuel primer bulb, single pull w/o choke and off and running again.

Don't get me wrong — I believe in using batteries but only for specific purposes, e.g.my electric tooth brush, wireless mouse, smoke & CO2 alarms, cell phone, battery to start my car's gas engine.:rolleyes:
I love batteries but I’d stick with gas blowers for anything more than sidewalk and walkway

If you have an EGO. A suggestion would be to buy their trimmer or blower. They will come with a battery that you can use as a backup.

I was planning to purchase their backpack blower but they were gone pretty quick this year

I remember I had a side piece back in the day. We used to meet up all kinds of places. One of those times it snowed about a foot.
We met at a park in Queens one night.
Walked through the virgin snow right out in the open, beautiful view of the pond Apartments in the background.
She pulls my pants down and gave me a great blow job as always.. THE BEST SNOW BLOWER I HAVE EVER SEEN

Well with 2021-22 snowblower season firmly in the rearview mirror.... the upcoming lawnmower, edger/trimmer, power washer and backpack blower seasons will be approaching.

Eric Peters, (so there is some politics involved) is a libertarian car enthusiast and has been a car industry writer for many decades now, and with the new Ethanol mandates upcoming - those if us still using ICEs need to be aware that this has the potential to void you warranties for all your equipment if you aren't using pure gas.

https://www.ericpetersautos.com/2022/04/13/corn-pop-mandates-more-corn/

use Pure-Gas to find gas stations without the ethanol added, and if you have a car built pre-ethanol era (circa 2005 - but not all cars were ethanol ready even then) if you don't want that engine being harmed might also need to but it for you cars.
https://www.pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=NY

Well with 2021-22 snowblower season firmly in the rearview mirror.... the upcoming lawnmower, edger/trimmer, power washer and backpack blower seasons will be approaching.

Eric Peters, (so there is some politics involved) is a libertarian car enthusiast and has been a car industry writer for many decades now, and with the new Ethanol mandates upcoming - those if us still using ICEs need to be aware that this has the potential to void you warranties for all your equipment if you aren't using pure gas.

https://www.ericpetersautos.com/2022/04/13/corn-pop-mandates-more-corn/

use Pure-Gas to find gas stations without the ethanol added, and if you have a car built pre-ethanol era (circa 2005 - but not all cars were ethanol ready even then) if you don't want that engine being harmed might also need to but it for you cars.
https://www.pure-gas.org/index.jsp?stateprov=NY
I am still using lead additives on my classic. I have a lot of concerns with the changes coming. It looks like upstate and out west have more options.

Yeah - for my classics I use lead additives in the gas for my flat head. For both cars I get the old style oil with all the zinc in it.
yeah I have a high lift flat tappet cam and use Valvoline VR for the high zinc levels. I hear a lot of us guys are switching to the marine formula of Stabil too.
just did a sea foam treatment on the carbs because I think the floats were getting sticky.

Did the foam help with the floats
not gonna lie. I have a parade on Sunday I need the car for and last week hard acceleration was met with sputtering and it was difficult to start. The accelerator pump was delivering and the ignition parts were replaced about 150 miles ago. I didn’t want to take apart the carbs so close to the parade so I just held the throttle and slowly poured half a can of sea foam into both carbs hoping to loosen any varnish.
Plenty of white smoke while running, dumped the other half a can in the tank. Yesterday it fired up right away and acceleration is greatly improved. This winter might call for an overhaul on the carbs though.

Yeah - for my classics I use lead additives in the gas for my flat head. For both cars I get the old style oil with all the zinc in it.
I'm figuring at some point (hopefully), that like when they started dying diesel fuels in 1994 too separate out the "permissible uses" for on-road (lots of taxes, no exemptions) and home heating oil Solvent Red 26 or 164 (less taxes, exempt from the 4% New York State sales and use tax, and the ⅜% sales and use tax imposed in the Metropolitan Commuter Transportation District (MCTD)) or for government use only Blue Dyed higher in sulfur then Red.

With the adding of Ethanol to gas, it has caused far more problems than it is solving for engines, with different uses. With the last great gas issue right after Sandy and the gas lines/rationing; I was stuck and couldn't hold out for Pure Gas, and had to settle for the Ethanol additive ones. When that happened I couldn't just put some stabilizer in my generator and start it once a month to keep things lubricated but had to fully flush the gas and run it dry before adding pure gas again to prevent the ethanol from eating out the plastic/rubber parts.

Looks like 2023-24 Winter is going to be a strong El Niño - lots of storms with heavy snowfalls. The Northeast has been dryer the last few winters, so on the La Niña vs El Niño 7 year cycles we are primed for this being a snowy year.

https://forestry.com/reviews/best-snow-blower-2023/

Both are over $1300 andcould support
The non-gas powered option

the gas powered option
I have always appreciated the performance of an Ariens.

love battery tools but even the newest batteries out there do age out and lose their power over time.

If your area is small enough, go battery and save yourself the extra maintenance that comes with a gas powered unit.

Be advised that battery performance (capacity) decreases with decreasing temperatures. I store my gas SBr in my shed which is not heated.
If you can store your SBr in a garage that's attached to your house or bring it there a day before need to use it won't be as cold as the outside ambient you shouldn't see much of an effect. Just to give you an idea capacity will decrease by about 20% at 32F which isn't all that cold.

I have always appreciated the performance of an Ariens.

love battery tools but even the newest batteries out there do age out and lose their power over time.

If your area is small enough, go battery and save yourself the extra maintenance that comes with a gas powered unit.
Correct-
Similiar to todays electric and phev vehicles- performance over time and temp will certainly decrease-