Slinky's Taco Tuesday May 21st

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
Have you sent your email to party@utopiaguide.com yet?

We are short staffed for this event. As a result the turnaround time on processing requests has skyrocketed. We can not guarantee a reasonable response rate unfortunately. Therefore I highly recommend NOT WAITING because you may think you are being reasonable in how much time you have left until the event. But I'm telling you right here that unless you send in an email TODAY I can not guarantee that you will receive a response in time for you to make it to this event.

Have you sent your email to party@utopiaguide.com yet?

We are short staffed for this event. As a result the turnaround time on processing requests has skyrocketed. We can not guarantee a reasonable response rate unfortunately. Therefore I highly recommend NOT WAITING because you may think you are being reasonable in how much time you have left until the event. But I'm telling you right here that unless you send in an email TODAY I can not guarantee that you will receive a response in time for you to make it to this event.
do you want us to include all screening info in the email? or should we just wait for someone to reach out after initial email?

Slinky Bender

Slinky Bender

A week from today I'm turning 64 years old. Based on a recent CT scan, I've been told I need an "emergency" colonoscopy. So of course they scheduled it for the morning of this event. The good news is that not only can you come celebrate my birthday, but you can support me through what promises to be an extremely trying day. Who knows, if things go badly it could be your last chance. :sad face:

A week from today I'm turning 64 years old. Based on a recent CT scan, I've been told I need an "emergency" colonoscopy.
Good luck, Slinky. I hope you get some good news and can celebrate your birthday with no worries. We're about the same age and I had my first one six years ago. The prep can be a bitch and you need to take it easy when you resume eating solid foods. A big thank you for all you do, your hard work here is greatly appreciated!

Lay off red meats 5-7 days before test
Lay off Lean meats 3-5 days before test
I try to do the 36 hour fast

All because if you go through the prep and your not flushed out they make you do it all again.

What has me worried is that when I asked my PCP about the "wall thickening of the ascending colon" he said "50% chance it's something serious."
The rate of colon cancer in men past a certain age is very, very high. It increases a little each year, if you live long enough it's highly probable you'll have it at some point, that's the bad news. Now the good news is that it's very treatable if caught early enough. They always take it very seriously and treat it as such, because thinking it can wait is what will cause more problems. Even if they do find something, high probability that it's treatable and you'll have many more years to enjoy yourself!

You'll get through this one way or another.

Slinky, it could be several different things, some not so serious..going through some similar issues. I may the strange one, but I actually enjoy the whole colonoscopy experience.. I agree with po10ial, try to fast or clear liquid diet the days before.. the cleanse was very refreshing! The best part is the MJ drug they give you to sleep is the best! Try to chill afterwards too, nap if you plan on being out late!