Since When Is Handsome Dick Manitoba So Thin?

He's been thin for at least a decade..... ever since he stopped doing drugs, re-united the Dictators and started visiting Ross the Boss's personal trainer in Forest Hills.... who happens to be a smoking hot aerobics instructor.

Since that link has a pic of Dick eating his favorite food.... Here's a clip made in my old hood on a cold rainy afternon at the White Castle on Queens Blvd in 1990 for a behind the scenes video for their then band Wild Kingdom. Left to right.... Ross, Dick and J.P. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N_qgwd7h41M. You can see the handsome one was fairly thin back when this was filmed.

Back in the late 80's when Handsome Dick and Ross were touring as "Wild Kingdom" a couple of my friends were rodies and I joined them for the North American/Candian tour. A little tidbit is that the Wild Kingdom album "...and You" has a dedication to Ozzy and his friends as well my friends and I made a guest appearence as extras in the video "New York, New York".

The Dictators will be back for the final sat nite show at CBGBs this weekend when they shut the doors forever. Dick, Ross, Andy Shernoff, Scott Kempner and J.P. "Thunderbolt" Patterson will all be there. Blondie is also performing as well a few others from punks past. I'm trying to get up to NY this week for the shows since my friends and I are on a guest list.

Last edited:
There are only two White Castle's left in Manhattan in odd corners of the city. Can you name them?

I've been on a WC binge lately and have put on a few. For a fascinating look at White Castle sliders and the mind-body problem, read Johnathan Lethem's Motherless Brooklyn

Did we determine if the WC on 5th ave near 33st was still there.

btw... got a flt out his afternoon.... 48 hrs in NY. A Met game earlier tonight and CBGB's after the game and tomorrow then back to palm trees and bikinis.

I'll be the one at Shea about 10 rows behind the Met dugout yelling at the retarded Met fans. I'll need to music later to calm me down.

justlooking said:
I conducted a thorough investigation and concluded that it was not.
That was the AMP Little Korea White Castle. A shame it's gone because it was a bit better than the 8th Avenue branch.

The only other WC is tucked away far east on 103rd st. just off the FDR Drive.

I have pics from that show.

The night before (or after) they played the Cat Club for (rock promter) Tommy Gunn's B-day party and Duff & Slash joined both bands on stage and jammed for about an hour while Axl was passed out at a VIP table.

Mr. Wet Wooly said:
Dee Dee's rapper stage was probably the most hilarious part of the Ramones documentary they made a couple of years ago.
I saw him play the Pipeline in Newark when the Dee Dee King album was out. It was a strange mix of bad rapping and 50's & 60's covers in the style of California Sun.

Sucks about CB's closing. I went to the final hardcore matinee 2 weeks ago with Agnostic Front, Murphy's Law, Sick of it All and Harley Cro-Mag. A lot of memories in that place.