She wants a raise

My ATF.. I see her several times a year when I travel.. A bargain I suppose for 500- non rushed two plus hours- last meet turned into three plus as she was hungry and I took her to dinner... No biggie.. Just get an e mail from her suggesting when we meet next month I should consider upping the ante as
- she only offers PSE/GFE to a select few including myself
- the $$ spent for her time is a bargain
- she is embarking on a new avenue in the biz including live streaming

Yes, I’ll admit the money I spend for her time is a bargain considering most professionals are double that.. I’d prefer not to spend the extra $$ if I did not have too.. I suppose I’m looking for a polite way to say no, without jeopardizing the “relationship “

My ATF.. I see her several times a year when I travel.. A bargain I suppose for 500- non rushed two plus hours- last meet turned into three plus as she was hungry and I took her to dinner... No biggie.. Just get an e mail from her suggesting when we meet next month I should consider upping the ante as

Yes, I’ll admit the money I spend for her time is a bargain considering most professionals are double that.. I’d prefer not to spend the extra $$ if I did not have too.. I suppose I’m looking for a polite way to say no, without jeopardizing the “relationship “
Tell her to fuck off. There is no "relationship", and she just proved it to you.

billyS

Reign of Terror
Who is this ATF?

Why is $500 for 2+ hours such a bargain?

If this were in the SA thread it would have been deleted.

Who is this ATF?

She is one of many women whose whose average rates fall in the 300/500 ph range. Was never SW from my understanding but went Indy after being with an agency for a while... I have now realized of course that I am only a ‘time slot’ and nothing more...

I like out of control's response .. say your business has taken a beating due to Corona and that you love seeing her and your time together but can we talk about it after this all calms down and my business has time to bounce back. That will at least buy you a few more months.

Tell her to fuck off. There is no "relationship", and she just proved it to you.
Although I would have written it as "the relationship" instead of the "relationship", there actually is very much a relationship as evidenced by trader1 putting relationship in quotes; the relationship is a business relationship.

She obviously has a clear grip on this concept and as per @Slinky Bender post #6 apparently is trying to change her business model. Basic Econ 101 says that as you increase the cost of something quantity sold decreases. There is a sweet spot in the revenue curve (price X quantity) where revenue is maximized but she may not be trying to hit that exactly.

I assume that trader1 makes an appointment when his travel plans are firm and that she is reliable such that commitments are kept, her performance is what he wants, etc. So IMHO there is no magic way to sugarcoat this; trader1 either says "paying more than $500 is difficult for me, I've always been reliable and I need to keep the rate at $500" — or he pays the new rate.

Who is this ATF?

Have you read the posts on the SA thread where you see what many of the guys go thru?

This is not the situation where the worst that can happen is trader1 gets stiffed on a local date (doesn't show up, not like the pics, hygiene unacceptable, etc.) but his opportunity is only "several times a year when I travel".

Ps. The COVID angle of posts #7, #8 can actually backfire as she may say that is exactly her reason for the price increase as she is taking an extra risk now and thus has to be compensated for it.

Although I would have written it as "the relationship" instead of the "relationship", there actually is very much a relationship as evidenced by trader1 putting relationship in quotes; the relationship is a business relationship.

She obviously has a clear grip on this concept and as per @Slinky Bender post #6 apparently is trying to change her business model. Basic Econ 101 says that as you increase the cost of something quantity sold decreases. There is a sweet spot in the revenue curve (price X quantity) where revenue is maximized but she may not be trying to hit that exactly.

I assume that trader1 makes an appointment when his travel plans are firm and that she is reliable such that commitments are kept, her performance is what he wants, etc. So IMHO there is no magic way to sugarcoat this; trader1 either says "paying more than $500 is difficult for me, I've always been reliable and I need to keep the rate at $500" — or he pays the new rate.

Have you read the posts on the SA thread where you see what many of the guys go thru?

This is not the situation where the worst that can happen is trader1 gets stiffed on a local date (doesn't show up, not like the pics, hygiene unacceptable, etc.) but his opportunity is only "several times a year when I travel".

Ps. The COVID angle of posts #7, #8 can actually backfire as she may say that is exactly her reason for the price increase as she is taking an extra risk now and thus has to be compensated for it.
Very valid points.. TY
When I do travel and schedule appointments in advance, I am selective and expect a certain minimum level of service..
I have been let down in the past by the typical things that can go wrong with a new date, but this one provides everything I need without having to worry about the above..
In the end it is just a business transaction.. She will not be my GF, but I do enjoy the banter we have ... Yep, I am sure this could change if I refuse to accommodate her request..
Will proceed delicately...

billyS

Reign of Terror
Very valid points.. TY
When I do travel and schedule appointments in advance, I am selective and expect a certain minimum level of service..
I have been let down in the past by the typical things that can go wrong with a new date, but this one provides everything I need without having to worry about the above..
In the end it is just a business transaction.. She will not be my GF, but I do enjoy the banter we have ... Yep, I am sure this could change if I refuse to accommodate her request..
Will proceed delicately...
Have you ever reviewed her?
We have threads for every geographical location.
Maybe when others travel they might like to see her
You make her sound so good why wouldn't you want to share?

Sounds to me like she's shaking down a good customer.
Why chase away a good customer that you know is safe and doesn't mind feeding you as well?
Why take the chance of losing that?
Charging the new guys makes more makes more sense to me.

Pay her or move on. I'd move on. Once you start the negotiations, someone won't be happy. Buzz kill for me.

Have you ever reviewed her?
We have threads for every geographical location.
Maybe when others travel they might like to see her
You make her sound so good why wouldn't you want to share?
Of course—
We communicate via E mail ( phone unavailable).. so review format may not meet criteria?

Sophia Belle

Trickle Down Economist

From a providers point: Let’s be honest, there is no “relationship”... truth is, no money = no relationship... so start there if you’d like... but as long as the “relationship” you have when you are together is great, then who cares

As for her wanting a “raise”... I think there’s a lot of different reasons why girls raise their rates... and I can tell you from experience, it’s no fun to tell your regular clients that you are no longer offering the same rates. They are regulars, and loyalty is everything in this business.

Negotiate if you must, but don’t be upset if she declines... just like she can’t be upset if you decline to give her what she’s looking for.... the beauty of this “relationship” is that either party can walk away at any time with out any explanation needed!

Have fun! Happy Hobbying!

She is one of many women whose whose average rates fall in the 300/500 ph range. Was never SW from my understanding but went Indy after being with an agency for a while... I have now realized of course that I am only a ‘time slot’ and nothing more...
I would say from ladies I’ve ‘hung out’ with in our ‘extra’ time if I cut out the ‘extras’ I can use those resources to meet their new requirements and needs. Win win give her what she wants if you want the relationship to continue the way you like it but cut back on the ‘extras’ if you don’t want everything to add up or unwilling/unable to pay her new rate comfortably. I have had long term utr relationships where they would cook for me provide wine for me and a massage if I asked occasionally. All this for the same rate as we started out with years prior but I would find I wouldn’t want ALL the extras even though I liked spending time with them watching movies, grabbing a bite to eat, or listening to music etc I would always want an extra pop instead of the other ‘extra things’. This sounds crazy because at first I loved all the extras of being a regular and the perks that came along with it but eventually I wanted to pop the most amount of times and got tired of anything else (I know I’m spoiled). Even when I wrote this I realize they were giving me plenty of their time and resources which I didn’t fully appreciate. I say all this to say on her end it can be she needs the money and the extras like meals and conversation aren’t enough to fill her other needs anymore. I know she asked for dinner but she wants more money period plus the dinner on top for good measure. It’s up to you how you play it but the money comes and goes good ‘relationships’ that are mutually beneficial are hard to find in my opinion. If I have a regular that can deliver the good drama free and is reliable then I value that relationship and person and would not give that up over a little extra donation. By the way maybe I missed something but what is the rate increase just curious?

I would say from ladies I’ve ‘hung out’ with in our ‘extra’ time if I cut out the ‘extras’ I can use those resources to meet their new requirements and needs. Win win give her what she wants if you want the relationship to continue the way you like it but cut back on the ‘extras’ if you don’t want everything to add up or unwilling/unable to pay her new rate comfortably. I have had long term utr relationships where they would cook for me provide wine for me and a massage if I asked occasionally. All this for the same rate as we started out with years prior but I would find I wouldn’t want ALL the extras even though I liked spending time with them watching movies, grabbing a bite to eat, or listening to music etc I would always want an extra pop instead of the other ‘extra things’. This sounds crazy because at first I loved all the extras of being a regular and the perks that came along with it but eventually I wanted to pop the most amount of times and got tired of anything else (I know I’m spoiled). Even when I wrote this I realize they were giving me plenty of their time and resources which I didn’t fully appreciate. I say all this to say on her end it can be she needs the money and the extras like meals and conversation aren’t enough to fill her other needs anymore. I know she asked for dinner but she wants more money period plus the dinner on top for good measure. It’s up to you how you play it but the money comes and goes good ‘relationships’ that are mutually beneficial are hard to find in my opinion. If I have a regular that can deliver the good drama free and is reliable then I value that relationship and person and would not give that up over a little extra donation. By the way maybe I missed something but what is the rate increase just curious?
Good points...
when I started seeing her a few years ago it was 400 for unrushed 2 hours.. I then started giving her 500 and she was grateful...Our last meet she was hungry so I took her for dinner and again grateful for the 500.. She did not ask for a specific amount, but implied the time/money not enough..

I have not made a decision yet nor replied to her e mail...I have plenty of other choices available albeit she is a sure thing.. I am torn..In the grand scheme what’s another few $$, but I am a man of principle. Lol

There has been much mention here about the "relationship". Business or otherwise. Your can try to think of it like you think of your lawn guy. You have the same lawn service for years. Then the price goes up by a big amount. If you think the price is unfair then you get a new lawn service.

But as much as we want to try to treat this as a business arrangement it is difficult. There is an intimacy involved. I sometimes admire the mongers on this board who can keep it emotionless. For those who enjoy the GFE it is easy to lose sight of the fact that it really is a business arrangement.

When you lay next to someone in a naked heap after some vigorous sex, and both you ramble about your daily lives, you begin to form a connection. Then it becomes easy to feel betrayed at the mention of a price increase. I wish I had a good answer for you. There are times when I have caved and times when I moved on. In the end it is all temporary any way.