seeing new posts

Any thread that has been updated since the last time you logged on should show up in recent posts. In fact, this thread just did that for me. I noticed it immediately, since I had just gone through all the new posts and then refreshed the page by hitting "New Posts." But if your comment is the recent post, then that won't show up in your new posts. It will however, be in the list of "Recent Posts." See if it appears there.

Ah, I get it now. Thanks Waterclone. I think we met once at a ug party?
If I am not mistaken, you will never see your own post as a new post. New posts are supposed to be posts you haven't seen yet. You will always have seen your own posts.
That's what I was trying to say. But he said it better.
Any thread that has been updated since the last time you logged on should show up in recent posts. In fact, this thread just did that for me. I noticed it immediately, since I had just gone through all the new posts and then refreshed the page by hitting "New Posts." But if your comment is the recent post, then that won't show up in your new posts. It will however, be in the list of "Recent Posts." See if it appears there.
Glad to have waterclone aboard as our newest moderator. He has made his mark already by being another voice of reason here. Much appreciated to have someone else to share perpsective with.

I cannot find the right place the post this please delete once I get the answer. Thanks. I do not know how to stop receiving emails from notifications I did not get emails before and thought I have tried to stop them a few times since coming back on but then it keeps coming back emails everyday I need this to stop its flooding my email inbox

The only option that I see for emails is to click on Preferences, then a pop-up window comes up for Browsing Preferences.
Under the second section - Options - the second line is indented for email notifications. Uncheck this box.

Okay. Searched on user forums for the software and I found this:
Click on your user name at the top to open the options box.
Click on Contact Details.
Scroll down to the second section - Messaging Preferences.
Scroll down the the third line - Receive email when a new conversation message is received.
Uncheck the box.

Thanks so much for your help but none of these boxes are checked they are all empty I'm not sure why I'm still getting email notifications hope Slinky can undo this option of receiving emails it keeps going everyday. I never received email notification before the site went down not sure why it's happening now smh. Took me forever to get back on and now the emails are bombarding me daily help! : )

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
Check the threads you are being sent emails about. Inside the thread just under the title you should see "Watch Thread" or "Unwatch Thread". If you have previously selected "Watch Thread" and then selected "with emails" selecting "Unwatch Thread" should stop it.