Scammers on 8th Ave?

Tonight I was checking out the action (or rather, lack of action) on 8th Ave between 42nd and 50th. I was waxing nostalgic about the good old days of just three or four years ago. It was sad.

But there were these guys. As you go past they say "Girls!" to any guy passing by. Their pitch is that you give them some money and they give you an address where you can have sex.

I figure this is a total scam, they take the cash and you never see them again.

But hope springs eternal, and I'm wondering if anyone has ever seen these guy, maybe tried them out. Anyone know anything about this scene?

Like winning at street monty..

It's a pure scam, no two ways about it. I've surveiled some of these guys from time to time back in the old days, and not one of them led a sucker to a girl.

Who u callin a sucka???? I was just misinformed:(. Yea i bit it. Gave one 25 bucks, he game me a hotel key. Then when we got to the corner of 46th and 9th he said wait, and left. Another guy came and said i gotta show him 2 bills. not give just show... I never heard such a thing before so i demanded to see the girls first (that plus i didnt have 2 bills in my pocket, and i certainly didnt want him goin to the bank with me). He cursed me out and left. I decided to try my luck with the key and went up the stairs of the hotel on that corner... (i THINK it was 46th????). The desk guy didnt seem to like that. Then i saw a cop car pull over, and i vanished like a fart in the wind....