Sax Legend Sonny Rollins

Tuesday night 8/10 @8PM,arguably the greatest living jazz improviser will give a free concert outdoors at Lincoln Center's Damrosch Park Bandshell.If the previous three are any indication it will last about two and a half hours,a dozen tunes,1/3 Caribbean flavored,1/3 standard ballads which are not frequently heard, and 1/3 swinging uptempo stuff,all played with the robust tone,virtuosity and exuberance which belie his 74 years.He is also an icon of cool appearance and demeanor.If you've never heard live jazz and are curious,check it out.If you're into jazz,Sonny Rollins,'nuf said.

I saw him many MANY years ago with Coleman Hawkins ant the Vanguard. Now, that was a dream team! The Hawk, in my not so humble opinion, gave Sonny a music lesson that night.

I forgot this is UG.There are usually quite a few female Euro-boho tourists of college age at this things.You could get lucky.

Troutman-Who else still can claim that they aren't only a stylistic descendant of Hawkins,but actually got cut by him in a blowing session.

P.S.
___35-40 years ago isn't that MANY years ago.