Safe car fun?

I'm very lucky when it comes to PD stops (in Suffolk no less).

I have no PBA cards but I am a member of a profession (obv not a cop or anything law related) that cops generally respect. If I'm coming from or to a provider I have the implements of my trade in full view and in the same folder with my lisence and registration is my permit to practice my profession(folded up but in such a way that even folded, it's obvious what it is if you've seen it before). I'm trying to be a lil vague for my own privacy.

They always pull me over for a BS traffic rule and I always say I'm sorry, running late for my job. If they ask questions (to test my knowledge), my knowledge of my subject is better than theirs, I answer nicely but in an obvious hurry, and when I leave I drive towards (the place where I work).

Never even got a ticket (other than parking) since I started doing this.

I doubt this would work for a car date (hence I don't do them) but damn it works for outcalls and incalls in hot areas.

If you are a professional and in one of those rare fields cops actually respect I would recommend this minor hack. Don't try it if you're a firefighter ;)

billyS

Reign of Terror
I'm very lucky when it comes to PD stops (in Suffolk no less).

I have no PBA cards but I am a member of a profession (obv not a cop or anything law related) that cops generally respect. If I'm coming from or to a provider I have the implements of my trade in full view and in the same folder with my lisence and registration is my permit to practice my profession(folded up but in such a way that even folded, it's obvious what it is if you've seen it before). I'm trying to be a lil vague for my own privacy.

They always pull me over for a BS traffic rule and I always say I'm sorry, running late for my job. If they ask questions (to test my knowledge), my knowledge of my subject is better than theirs, I answer nicely but in an obvious hurry, and when I leave I drive towards (the place where I work).

Never even got a ticket (other than parking) since I started doing this.

I doubt this would work for a car date (hence I don't do them) but damn it works for outcalls and incalls in hot areas.

If you are a professional and in one of those rare fields cops actually respect I would recommend this minor hack. Don't try it if you're a firefighter ;)
You own a Dunkin Donuts?

The prevalence of police dashcams and body cams actually helps us, ensures that the cops actually witness some offense.

I know many of you can't do this, I'm single so I have a lot more freedom, I run my own dashcam which records how I drive and what I say, I also run another camera or a recording app on my ho phone, to document what I say. This will help with a questionable traffic stop. One basic premise of criminal law is that if one element of the encounter is unlawful (the initial stop, the search, etc) this "breaks the chain" and can make the entire encounter unlawful for the police. While I don't often hit SW's if I do I am smart enough not to mention sex and $ until they are in the car and we drive off. My biggest fear is an UC claiming I made that mistake. Having my own proof that I only offered a ride in a significant insurance. So if you can, I would advise using a dash cam. If you have a spouse/SO, you can just swap SD cards.

Lastly you do need to consider if you want them on/off during a car date. There are other laws you might be breaking by recording the session depending on the jurisdiction. Be careful