Review: Upscale Semi-UG place on West 38th

IMO, even a super-liberal mayor won't bring back the Harmony. Real Estate prices are way too high, rents too high, etc., for a low-budget place like that nowadays. And it will take years for the city to degenerate enough to provide large, cheap spaces that are easy to get to. Not to mention letting the whole quality of life and community policing thing go down the toilet. Maybe someday, but I'll be too old to enjoy it by then. :(
Things are already deteriorating quickly. Have you noticed that ever since the Sean Bell shooting, and Sharpton’s demonstrations, the NYPD has backed off and murder and shootings are up almost to where they were during the Dinkens’ years. Developers are rushing to get their condos built while Bloomberg is still in office because he is offering them huge tax breaks. The number of new building is dramatically down from last year due to the end of easy bank loans. There is evidence to show that the NYC real estate bubble will soon burst.

anybody gotten take out there?
Yes, but said girl no longer works there. In fact she *****ed me to tell me that she was fired and she has since moved out of state. Got another offer for OTC the last time I was there from another girl (maybe 2 months ago?). I declined but got CBJ and CFS from her in VIP. Girl has mysteriously disappeared as well. Pity, I was going to follow-up on that offer of OTC.

That scene did not appeal to me. Fifty bucks at the door and dancers trying to get 200+ for half an hour was not my speed. I did like having the chance to meet them first though. Awful when you put out money in advance and you don't get along.

I always wondered why it wasn't busted.Maybe it took a while to gather evidence for the money laundering(investigating 13 accounts,not for profit organization etc.) to try and indict him on more serious charges.

Slinkybender doesn't like Lou.Obviously,the APM has good judgment.Lou sounds like a major league scumbag in the Daily News article.

So,I have #'s for half dozen of the girls.Who wants to be the next Lou?There's huge void to fill.

If mmemory serves me Lou Jumped in when B&G slowed to a halt & Lou got greedier by the week. Slinky has an uncanny ability to know what is going on. Perhaps someone might want to try & track down Mike as there will certainly be a continuedacll for service.
Asfar as the investigation taking a year, were they collecting evidence or freebies?

Hey that place was going to go down one way or another for Lou was trying to get the most bang for his bucks on the customers. Everything comes in full circle. Now maybe we can all rally Mike back to get B&G back on and running again. I miss the place and this might be the push B&G needs? What do you guys and gals think?

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
For months the topic "how the hell is Lou not getting busted" has been the fodder for my close circle of friends. but as much as I did not like the guy as a person, this is bad news for the business in general.

I doubt Mike will start a new place. Neither he nor Lou ever did. Mike was renting a spot from someone a couple of nites a week and so was Lou, until the owner/lessee of that spot got busted (Jason of foot party fame) and Lou took it over full time. Lou didn't build the place, buy the furniture, sign the lease: he was just sitting in the right place to take it over when the time came.

This was indeed inevitable. Love it or hate it, this is not good for the industry, and to my knowledge, it was the only club in the city that allowed full roaming during a $20 lapdance where the girls are on the whole quite attractive and you didn't feel compelled to buy a girl a drink when she sat down to chat with you. Oh well, back to Hustler.

I hate the thought of having to go back to the Hustler. There is just no comparison. For a while they had booths that were reasonably priced with hit or miss mileage (low in general). Then they went to these $500/hr rooms....fugettaboutit

If mmemory serves me Lou Jumped in when B&G slowed to a halt & Lou got greedier by the week. Slinky has an uncanny ability to know what is going on. Perhaps someone might want to try & track down Mike as there will certainly be a continuedacll for service.
Asfar as the investigation taking a year, were they collecting evidence or freebies?
Actual Lou Party was around long before Mike's. He jumped around until he got a permanent location.

Last edited:
I hate the thought of having to go back to the Hustler. There is just no comparison. For a while they had booths that were reasonably priced with hit or miss mileage (low in general). Then they went to these $500/hr rooms....fugettaboutit
Not to seem like a shill for the Hustler Club, but they still have those booths, you know.

Not to seem like a shill for the Hustler Club, but they still have those booths, you know.
Maybe they brought them back ? I stopped going there about 2 years ago when they opened up the downstairs rooms after the remodeling (and simultaneously closed the booths). If some new UG place doesn't materialize I may have to try it again.

Perhaps a group of UGer's would like to schedule a gathering there (or some other establishment) to discuss strategy and opportunities in the post B&G/HLDC era.

I read the piece in the Daily News today, and it felt like an obit for
UG clubs in NYC. The last of the Harmony's (admittedly inbred) bastard stepchildren is dead.

Maybe they brought them back ? I stopped going there about 2 years ago when they opened up the downstairs rooms after the remodeling (and simultaneously closed the booths). If some new UG place doesn't materialize I may have to try it again.

Perhaps a group of UGer's would like to schedule a gathering there (or some other establishment) to discuss strategy and opportunities in the post B&G/HLDC era.
57676 I think it would be an interesting idea to gather some UGer's together and discuss the post B&G/HLDC era, but to be honest is there an era after both are gone? Things look bleak now. I mean I am a half full glass type of guy but after two big hits will anything like this happen again? Will someone have the guts to open a new place simmilar to the two above? I hope it is the latter for that after going to UG places the regular clubs don't compare.

Slinky Bender

The costs of openning places has risen substantially at the same time as a the risk has increased. Looking at it in a Keynesian way, that would mean prices at such a place would have to be much higher. So, if it does happen, I'm not so sure people will see at as being as much of a good thing as they anticipated.

This is a similar situation as with the upscale Asian massage parlors post-Dinkins. There used to be grand spots with fairly opulent facilities. But who was going to dump $200,000 into a spot which might get closed in 2 weeks? A question is "who would do it?". It's not like you're got a slew of guys who are doing something similar and might step up their game and open a spot: I don't think anyone is out there doing much of anything (except the guy who I see every morning while shaving, and he ain't doing nothin').

Slinky Bender

Unless, of course, there's someone who owns a loft building in Manhattan with no residential tenants and a vacant space which he would take a piece in lieu or rent.

Cheer up

It's all a cycle. I see good things coming in the future.

- Obaoma becomes President + Liberal Governer now in office + A Liberal Mayor?

Sit tight, it will not be long.

I don't think who's President has any effect on what happens in New York.

I also don't think electing liberals locally means they won't crack down on the sex industry. NOBODY likes the sex industry, right or left. I mean, really, Bloomberg is a liberal, and you can see that there's a crackdown going on under him.