Repeat Discounts

One of the French Canadian providers I've seen has kept me on her ***** list. Now, I suppose I could ask her to remove my name, except for the fact that her *****s contain deals. For example, she normally charges $400 to new customers. She'll reduce that rate to $300 for repeat customers (how many times you have to repeat, I don't know; when I visited with her I asked and she was vague about it; then I started getting *****s from her extending the $300 rate even though I've only seen her once). Now she's *****ed a notice of her upcoming visit offering a $200 pre-booking rate.

So the question is, does this kind of pricing strategy make sense? Will she lose more than she'll gain, or will she make it up on volume? Or, is she just plain nuts?!?

As Slinky Bender often says, it makes sense just from a pricing standpoint, since part of a prostitute's price reflects risk (of LE, of physical attack, of all kinds of unpleasantness), and this risk is materially less for repeat customers.

Plus, maybe she's hoping that anyone she mails the offer to will take her up on it, and be unable to restrain themselves as to their experience,and post about it (hopefully forgetting the fee paid), which can generate more interest.

Scratch that. Since it's a pre-booking rate, that typically means that she isn't in the area. So the low-ball fees are to at least cover her cost of coming down to the States - no critical mass of interest, no trip down here. If enough interest, then she comes and hopes that the guys who actually got to enjoy the discount post about her,as in previous post.

She travels down here all the time, though, and this is a scheduled visit. I don't think the level of interest will dictate whether she makes the trip, in other words, although it certainly does for some traveling providers. She generates a lot of business through her ads and her reviews. And her repeat customers. She complained to me about a trip she was making to Philly when I saw her. She thought the town was a bore, but went there because she had a lot of repeat customers asking her back. (Of course, who knows? Maybe she was offering them deep discounts.)

JL makes a good point: there's less risk involved in booking already screened and "tested" clients. On the other hand, a 50% price reduction in the weeks leading up to Christmas (knowing what NY hotel prices are these days) -- it seems awfully generous.

In some cities, "the competition" has "friends" book appointments and then last minute cancel or no-show in order to disuade girls from comming on their turf. Odds are against repeats or pre-bookers doing that.

"She complained to me about a trip she was making to Philly when I saw her. She thought the town was a bore, but went there because she had a lot of repeat customers asking her back"

You mean it was too much like work?

Another consideration: if she was ever at a lower rate, many girls "grandfather" guys in, but often only if they ask. She may have found that there were a bunch of guys who saw her at an old rate, and rather than ask if they could be grandfathered, assumed they wouldn't, didn't want to haggle, or whatever, so they just stopped seeing her. This would be just making an unspoker policy "official".

Many girls find that to keep repeat business, that they have to keep "upping the bar". Perhaps she'd rather give discounts than BBFS?

Perhaps this is a sign that the economy is weak and there is downward pressure on girls in her price range. But rather than drop her prices for everyone, she still gets to be a "$400 girl", who is just giving repeat customers a "customer loyalty discount".

Theory: 90% of independent girls charging over $400 per hour could make it up in volume by dropping thier price to $200. But there are a whole host of reasons why they won't do that (includung the very reasonable one that they just can't deal with seeing that voume of clients anyway)

... rather than drop her prices for everyone, she still gets to be a "$400 girl", who is just giving repeat customers a "customer loyalty discount".
If I were to guess, this is the reason in her case. However, what's interesting/ironic is that we were just talking (on another thread) about how reluctant "$400 girls" are to drop their rates for reasons of vanity/status.

Anyway, I really started this thread to discuss the practice of offering repeat discounts, rather than this particular provider.

Scratch that. Since it's a pre-booking rate, that typically means that she isn't in the area. So the low-ball fees are to at least cover her cost of coming down to the States - no critical mass of interest, no trip down here. If enough interest, then she comes and hopes that the guys who actually got to enjoy the discount post about her,as in previous post.
this is true,
if you can pre book what you need to brake even, when you get to your location you know everything above the prebook its "bankable"

Its a business move, shes test running a city, shes been there alot, that you exspect her. So if you miss her this trip you can see her in 2 weeks,
shes looking for demand, if no demand shes will go to another city.

Any lady who uses board knows the power of a good review.

Grandfathering is also a common thing, but done with very regular clinets.
Discounted rates can always happen, its a matter of asking, but a lady of 400 rate wont really want to give you a deal unless you spending alot of time with her , not just a single hr.

How much of a discount do you give? And, if it varies, what criteria do you use to set your discounts, or does it simply depend on your negotiation with a particular client?