READ THIS BEFORE YOU MAKE YOUR FIRST POST>

I have had to deny way too many newbie posts this week that were seeking help from other members.
Here is the rule in a nutshell. Members should not be asking for help within their first 10 posts.

We are still seeing new members under moderation asking questions or seeking help. If you are under moderation - that is, your posts need to be approved before appearing - AND you are a new member, don't bother asking a question or seeking help. Your post will be denied.

As far as old members under moderation, we may put your question through depending on how useful it is to the conversation. After all, if you are an old member and you are under moderation, that is happening for a reason.

Your first post should not be a question. In the spirit of sharing, it can be a review or simply a comment to someone else's review. Or it can be an observation or other comment to any post. But under no circumstances should it be a question. Also, under no circumstances should your first post be the equivalent of an ISO. 99 times out of 100 when someone's first post is a question, they could have easily found the answer if they bothered to look for it. If your first post is a question OF ANY KIND, it is going to get deleted and you are going to be banned.
In order to make sure you understand the ground rules here on UG, you should read the SITE RULES thread thoroughly before you make that first post:
http://utopiaguide.com/forums/threads/site-rules-the-ten-commandments.1468/
Then, head over to the Rules forum and read through the other threads to get a complete understanding about posting: http://utopiaguide.com/forums/forums/rules.15/
Moderator: how do i log off?!?!

Moderator: how do i log off?!?!
Top toolbar... from right to left: search, refresh, notifications, messages, you.
Click you. Sign out is at the bottom.
That's on my mobile device at least...
Good luck.
Also, when I sign in, there's an option to "stay signed in". I always uncheck that so when i leave the area it automatically signs me out.
*note*...I am not a mod, just a well meaning traveler of the site trying to lend a helping hand.

Very helpful guidance. Thank you. I visit the city from time to time and clearly any visit should begin with a stop at this board to find the latest. My next stop is in one week and my first review will soon follow.

Hi BostonAmpFan, great first post!

Right where it would gladden the heart of our dear Sir B!

Welcome to UG! Look forward to your contributions!

V

With the start of the new year and the bump in the thread yesterday by the newbie, I thought this would be a good time to explain the board policy for new posts.
We have been seeing many posts from new members lately and we have had to delete more than we approved. Why? Because they did not meet the criteria that would allow them to appear.
It's quite simple. New members are moderated for their first posts. So a moderator has to approve any post that you make while under moderation. And posts that don't past muster are deleted. What type of comment will be deleted? There are basically two types that are frowned on.
The first is a post where you ask a question or generally ask for help from the members. The reason we don't encourage this is that the established members find it distasteful that someone would be asking for assistance before they first contributed. That's reasonable, right?
The second type of post that is frowned upon is one that I call the confirmational post. That appears as a comment where the new member states they agree with a review that was posted in the thread. Personally, I find this type of comment more distasteful simply because it looks lazy. Rather than bothering to write a review, a new member will state that the echo of the sentiment of someone else. And oftentimes, the comment will include the detail that they have been seeing the provider for quite awhile. So why not write a review instead? That will serve the membership much more than simply saying you agree with what someone else said.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I'm trying to post in the sa thread and my shit keeps getting deleted..no pms telling me why, wtf
Because you have never contributed any good information to the thread but you want to ask questions and get information.
You need to make some solid contributions before we will allow you to ask for information.

Because you have never contributed any good information to the thread but you want to ask questions and get information.
You need to make some solid contributions before we will allow you to ask for information.
I already posted some info about a girl, how is that infomation

Shaking my head as my normal tendencies of just do it on my own without reading the instructions got me again. Already messed up before I got started— I will become a more active member who provides meaningful content.

I have left several reviews of experiences at Lucy's or with other providers since becoming a new member here. I understand i am still under moderation, but i would like to ask a question in the In Search Of section of a provider. Am I free to make to post asking about said provider, or not yet? I have searched their phone number and name multiple times and nothing has shown up sitewide, so i'm taking that as meaning it hasn't been brought up yet.

Hey Billy.. just wanted to introduce myself. I would like to start contributing more now that I am actively "in the field". I left a review on Brandys thread. And have some intel on the SA thread too that I will be contributing as well.

Newb here and I did mistakenly ask a question as my first post. Sorry. But my second post was a comment on someone’s review and it too has been deleted. Why?

“Your first post should not be a question. In the spirit of sharing, it can be a review or simply a comment to someone else's review. Or it can be an observation or other comment to any post.”

please advise. I’d like to contribute to this community.

Newb here and I did mistakenly ask a question as my first post. Sorry. But my second post was a comment on someone’s review and it too has been deleted. Why?

“Your first post should not be a question. In the spirit of sharing, it can be a review or simply a comment to someone else's review. Or it can be an observation or other comment to any post.”

please advise. I’d like to contribute to this community.
We look forward to your contributions and welcome to the board. You second post didn't contribute anything. And it was not a comment about another post. You were posting on you trying to call them. Not useful information. Enjoy the board.