READ THIS BEFORE YOU MAKE YOUR FIRST POST>

Thanks for acknowledging my comments. As a new member, you should familiarize yourself with board policy. Please read through the RULES section and the other READ THIS thread about reviews.

Your first post will undergo moderation, therefore you will not see it appear on the page immediately after you post it.
New member's posts automatically go into a queue, where they await moderation. That is, they await approval by a moderator. They are reviewed for proper format and content before they are approved to appear on the board. No one is singled out individually. Rather, this occurs WITH ALL NEW MEMBERS.
Do not post the same comment a second time right after posting it the first time, because you do not see it appear.
Rest assured, a moderator will eventually review it and decide if it merits inclusion on our board. If you don't see it appearing within a day or so, you can assume it did not pass the standards and won't be published.

Here are some reasons why the post might not be approved:
• It contained a question
• It contained rude language
• It was off-topic and did not contribute to the conversation
• It was argumentative
• It questioned the Utopia Guide policies and/or procedures
• It was a shilling comment whose only purpose was to promote a provider, therefore it was considered improper advertising
• It violated one of the UG rules
Please note that this is just an example of the reasons for a post to be deleted and is not all of them. A post can be deleted at any time for any reason at the sole discretion of the moderators.

See Dick come on the board.
See Dick doesn't have time to read the rules.
See Dick needs information.
See Dick writing his first post.
See that Dick's first post is a question.
Don't be a Dick.

THERE HAS BEEN AN EPIDEMIC OF NEW MEMBERS ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT PROVIDERS FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS. (You won't see it, because the posts were not approved.)
This is not acceptable. Stop it. Familiarize yourself with the rules before you post.

A little background in case you are wondering why that is frowned upon. Established members consider it bad form when a brand new member comes on here and immediately starts asking for information. Most times, all the information you could want is available in the threads already. Plus, the members would rather see a new member contributing to the cause and sharing before they start taking.

THERE HAS BEEN AN EPIDEMIC OF NEW MEMBERS ASKING QUESTIONS ABOUT PROVIDERS FOR THEIR FIRST POSTS. (You won't see it, because the posts were not approved.)
This is not acceptable. Stop it. Familiarize yourself with the rules before you post.

A little background in case you are wondering why that is frowned upon. Established members consider it bad form when a brand new member comes on here and immediately starts asking for information. Most times, all the information you could want is available in the threads already. Plus, the members would rather see a new member contributing to the cause and sharing before they start taking.

Ah okay, curious, since I was looking for the rules section. Where is it?

Or are they randomly apply to every subject that is written in the newbie, and need to be filter out beforehand?

Waterclone

Go ahead. Try me.

I am a newbie here and made the mistake of posting a question about a provider as my first post. Excited and overzealous to get started I guess. However, I have been and am still reading through the information and threads posted here and appreciate the guidance rules and suggestions posted throughout and see how they serve to create a substantive information and discussion community.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately, this bears repeating once again.