R. I. P.

I never realized how brilliant John Prine was until Jason Isbell mentioned in an interview, that Prine was a major influence to him.

If you're not familiar with Isbell, he is possibly the best American singer-songwriter recording today. Formerly of The Drive-By Truckers, he was kicked out of the band due to his alcohol addictions around 2007. Has been solo ever since. He's the total package, an amazing guitarist, booming soulful voice, and the imagery in his songwriting is brilliant. Best song's include, Elephant, If We Were Vampires, Live Oak, Alabama Pines to name a few. Needless to say, I'm a huge fan. Isbell has a new album, Reunions, set to release in early May.

Bonnie Pointer of the Pointer Sisters passed away on Monday June 8 from cardiac arrest. She was 69.

The four Pointer Sisters (June, Anita, Ruth and Bonnie Pointer), a versatile pop/R&B group began singing together more than 50 years ago in their hometown church in Oakland, California, where their father, Reverend Elton Pointer ministered. Bonnie Pointer and her youngest sister, June, started singing together professionally in 1969. They later recruited older sisters Anita and Ruth to join them, before debuting their first album together in 1973. The group won their first Grammy Award for their crossover hit, "Fairytale," in 1974. Bonnie Pointer recorded five albums with her sisters before pursuing a solo career. She signed with Motown and scored her biggest solo hit with the 1978 disco track, "Heaven Must Have Sent You."

Kelly Preston Born October 13, 1962 passed away after a 2 year battle with Breast Cancer on July 12, 2020. She was 57 years young.
She is the wife of John Travolta and were married for 28 years. She was in several movies. Space Camp, Twins, Jerry Maguire and Gotti.
She was always a very attractive and classy lady.

Black Panther - star Chadwick Boseman dies of cancer at 43. He made an amazing body of work in a short period of time and died at such a young age wow he will be greatly missed (REST IN POWER). This is a huge loss to the acting community and the African American Community as well (BLM).

Adult film star Zoe Parker ( from 2014-2019, 100+ videos) has died at the age of 24. She was a great spinner type. The death was reported by her fiancee on Sept. 13, 2020

She died in her sleep, no cause of death has been reported.

A life taken too soon.