R. I. P.

Dwayne Hickman 87 from Parkinson's disease

Those of us off a certain age surely remember Dobie Gillis.
The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis show ran from 1959 to 1963.
The cast had perfect synergism and all went on to great careers. Bob Denver played Maynard G Krebs (a beatnik — does anyone here other than a baby boomer even know what a beatnik is?), Tuesday Weld and Warren Beatty

Dwayne Hickman 87 from Parkinson's disease

Those of us off a certain age surely remember Dobie Gillis.
The Many Loves of Dobie Gillis show ran from 1959 to 1963.
The cast had perfect synergism and all went on to great careers. Bob Denver played Maynard G Krebs (a beatnik — does anyone here other than a baby boomer even know what a beatnik is?), Tuesday Weld and Warren Beatty
Dobie, Dobie, Dobie..
I loved the all American college setting of the day ..Didn't know about Beatty

Dobie, Dobie, Dobie..
I loved the all American college setting of the day ..Didn't know about Beatty
Yeah, although the college setting came in later series as Dobie was 17 and in high school when the series started.
Beatty played the rich kid who lived in the mansion in the best part of town. The mansion had a wall around it with the top having broken glass to prevent the riffraff from climbing over it. Although the Tuesday Weld character liked Dobie she was more interested in the luxurious life she would live if she coupled with the Warren Beatty character.
I remember all this like it was yesterday instead of 60 years ago. Plus as I just entered puberty, Tuesday Weld was the girl of my (wet) dreams.

Both are now gone, Bob Denver (2005) and now Dwayne Hickman.
RIP.

Fred Parris, 85 lead singer of the 50's group Five Satins.
He wrote the classic In the Still of the Night released in 1956

Later performed by many others including Beach Boys, Boyz II, Debbie Gibson.

Rolling Stone ranked it # 90 of top 500 greatest songs and the group was elected to Vocal Group Hall of Fame in 2003.