Posting Phone Numbers in Thread Titles

After seeing what must be the hundredth thread closed for improper phone number format, I feel compelled to explain it once more for those who aren't complying with proper board posting requirements.

Phone numbers need to be posted like so: XXX-XXX-XXXX. For example: 123-456-7890
That is: area code, dash, exchange, dash, number. Dashes are necessary. Parentheses, periods, slashes, spaces are forbidden. No exceptions.

The last closed thread was one of the worst examples. The member posted a nice review of a new AMP that will now be wasted, since the thread is closed. What's worse is that the number was posted correctly in the second line of the post, which probably really pissed off Slinky. It's sloppy at best, and deliberate at worst. Stop it.

Bumping this thread because it bears repeating.
Just locked two threads for phone number violations this week.
One was by a member who should know better.
The other was by a newer member who disregarded my correction after the first time he did it and couldn't bother to read the rules.

Mind you, this is not a rule that I had anything to do with initiating. This was in place before I became a mod. But it is something that Slinky has asked me to monitor on here. So I take that task seriously.
Slinky instituted this rule awhile ago in order for the board to have a uniform format for phone numbers. This was not done for looks. It was done so that searches on here are done in a consistent manner that yields results. If phone numbers are posted in whatever way a member chooses, then there will searches that come up empty if the searcher inputs the phone number in a different way. This will lead to members creating duplicate threads or not being able to find info about a provider. That lessens the usefulness of the site. It's that simple.

Perhaps a UG template will eliminate all the issues.
Let's give Mr.Banacek our moderator, a break from policing the Board and spending a considerable amount of his time on this ongoing problem.