Poll: Is giving the posters the ability to post polls a good idea?

Is it a good idea to let us peons have this magical ability?

• Hells Yeah!! I got me some pollin' power and I likes it!!

Votes: 9 47.4%
  • No way, look at how you're already being an ass about it.

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • Wha? Who the fuck cares funny boy?! Just point me to good cheap pussy please.

Votes: 3 15.8%
  • I'm afraid to vote in these things, let alone make one.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Jesus fucking christ, does this mean JL will have even more long winded diatribes?

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • YANKEES SUCK!! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

Votes: 4 21.1%

• Total voters
It can't be any worse than starting a dumb thread no one will ever respond to. The one problem it can cause if nitwits like C9 get drunk with this power is that polls that are "sticky" will bunch up at the top of the forums and you'll have to scroll down to the actual threads. I also haven't tried starting a poll but they can also have extended time limits. If the admin can limit polls to a few days, a week tops it would alleviate some issues.

I would remove the "sticky" and "close thread" options so polls like threads with little interest and replies can quietly fall to the bottom if no one responds. I also think polls should have the threads left open cause that's where the best discussion on the polls takes place.

Yeah, it will deteriorate if posters can just throw one up. . Let the posters propose one and let a mod put it up if it makes sense. Every forum I've been on where posters can put the polls up themselves learns to regret it. 99% are moronic.

Last edited:
Yeah, it will deteriorate if posters can just throw one up. . Let the posters propose one and let a mod put it up if it makes sense. Every forum I've been on where posters can put the polls up themselves learns to regret it. 99% are moronic.
I was delighted by the idea.

However, Bandaid is right. It could be misused.

I would suggest at least close monitoring by moderators with the power to delete polls that make no sense or do not get votes and only crowd the board.

I think

that privs should be allocated per a user ratings

0-99 - Post only
100-499 - Posts & Poll
500-999 - Post, Poll, private message
1000-GOD - well... Uh I dunno!

Barnabas