Poklers views on MLB integrity

pokler

Power Bottom
Thats the problem. We dont know. Nobody knows if he ever beat on his team to lose. He had a bad gambling problem. he doesn't get the benefit of the doubt. In saying this, if I had a vote for the HOF, I vote yes.
Wrong ..Lifetime ban is BS
No one ever had more passion to win than Rose . To think he'd bet to lose is clueless .

pokler

Power Bottom
I dont know if he did or didnt. I wouldnt think he did, but if you think that it wasnt possible, then you are clueless.
Plus, every player, exec in baseball knows the consequences if you are caught.
Betting for your team should not only be allowed but encouraged.

pokler

Power Bottom
If Altuve did have a buzzer, and running around telling his team mates not to rip his shirt off ( he said his wife doesnt like him with no shirt on) That makes me sick. The whole thing is terrible, but seeing videos like that, if true, is disgusting. But we dont know if its true, but again, not sure he gets the benefit of the doubt.

You don't have a clue about baseball son. I was betting on the game before your mommy taught you how to wipe your ass ..

billyS

Reign of Terror
This casts a much bigger shadow on the integrity of the game than what Pete Rose did. All Astro wins now need an asterisk. No need for any asterisk when Red's won a game with Rose . He was just trying to win fair and square.
What Pete Rose did deserves a lifetime ban. He is a scum bag. Every clubhouse in MLB has signs saying gambling is prohibited.
I don't care if your betting on your own team. That has problems too.
Then there is the risk of getting in debt with bookies who now own a major league manager.
You can't see how this could be a problem?
What Rose did was worse than what the Astros did.
Worse then the steroid guys.

I have ALWAYS maintained Rose should NEVER be allowed into the Hall or MLB. What he did was more grimy and disgusting then what the Astro's/Sox did, but I feel they're equally bad in their own different ways. To be entrusted to manage a team and have all the inside info on your players, how they feel mentally and physically is a HUGE advantage. Why you think Rose placed the bets? Cause he HAD that advantage! The idiot still couldn't get it right even with that info. The house ALWAYS wins.

If Astro's wore buzzers that is a straight up disgrace, anyone involved minimum 2 year suspension. ALL cheating affects the game, it's a collateral damage affect. Judge gets cheated out of an MVP, earns less money in arbitration because Altuve cheats, wins MVP, earns more money. Astro's cheat to win, win WS, franchise's value increase 800 million dollars in 3 years. Its all unfair. If affects the balance of everything.

Its one thing to be Gaylord Perry or Phil Niekro, but when you have to go to the lengths that the Astro's did to win games, or Pete Rose to win money, then shame on you. You've soiled the game and bit the hand that generously not only feeds you as a player but your family as well. Same goes for ALL those steroid and HGH frauds.

pokler

Power Bottom
What Pete Rose did deserves a lifetime ban. He is a scum bag. Every clubhouse in MLB has signs saying gambling is prohibited.
I don't care if your betting on your own team. That has problems too.
Then there is the risk of getting in debt with bookies who now own a major league manager.
You can't see how this could be a problem?
What Rose did was worse than what the Astros did.
Worse then the steroid guys.

The Astro wins will forever need to be questioned since they had something their opponent did not , knowledge of the next pitch. Imagine if the Astros were given 4 strikes before striking out while opponents had 3. Would you then say Rose was worse ? What Astro's did is somewhere btw legit and the 4 strikes .
Rose ( assuming he's always bet on Reds ) just give himself extra incentive to win in legit games. In fact MLB does this themselves by giving players of winning teams more cash vs losing teams in World Series .

billyS

Reign of Terror
The Astro wins will forever need to be questioned since they had something their opponent did not , knowledge of the next pitch. Imagine if the Astros were given 4 strikes before striking out while opponents had 3. Would you then say Rose was worse ? What Astro's did is somewhere btw legit and the 4 strikes .
Rose ( assuming he's always bet on Reds ) just give himself extra incentive to win in legit games. In fact MLB does this themselves by giving players of winning teams more cash vs losing teams in World Series .
It's not the same because the losing team doesn't owe money to a bookie, while if Rose loss he would.
Plus gambling is a sickness which is why mlb doesn't want guys getting involved. What if Roses losses mounted up and the bookies started demanding he throw games?
Also if he bet big one day then he is going to manage that game like the seventh game of the World Series and burn his bullpen. What happens the next day when he doesn't bet? He plays his subs?
There is so much you are not seeing here.

pokler

Power Bottom
Given at the time of Roses's ban he had a good 40 years left in him as a manager then the fact is the cheaters in Astros scandal got one fortyith the punishment of Rose. So violating the games core integrity yields only 2.5% of the punishment given to someone who only put himself in a position to try and win games all the harder but fairly. This is my problem folks .