pokler go (the go-to-guide for the hobby)

pokler

Power Bottom
Just a question on the ID thing here... Are they looking for a work ID with a photo? I'm at a point where I'm just not that paranoid anymore, and for a reputable place don't mind showing a drivers license and work ID, but the work ID only has my name, no photo. Anybody else get in with that kind of ID?
I think you are insane if you show work ID. She will know the real you and your employer. She could be making a mental note of it then putting it in her file (phone ) next to your number. This info can then be used as a bargaining chip with LE when she's taken down. Rule # 1 never let them know where you work.

I think you are insane if you show work ID. She will know the real you and your employer. She could be making a mental note of it then putting it in her file (phone ) next to your number. This info can then be used as a bargaining chip with LE when she's taken down. Rule # 1 never let them know where you work.
Yes, and she could be my long lost cousin and how weird would it be to fuck your cousin. Like I said, I'm not that paranoid (stupid and paranoid are not the same thin. I'm neither one.). From a factual and legal perspective, a name, # and even employer in some provider's rolodex is meaningless. Proves nothing. Maybe she made it up. Maybe she wrote it wrong. Maybe, maybe, maybe. But it sure doesn't prove criminal activity on my part (and I understand the whole "but who even needs the hassle of LE calling you." Very true, and point taken). But lets look at this intelligently. You have clearly stated over the years that you will never, EVER, see a girl without someone else first going in and taking the chance. You could argue playing safe is smart (which it is), I could argue its a lack of balls (which it also is), and either way, it shows a degree of paranoia. Yours, obviously, is simply more pronounced than mine. But a willingness or refusal to take risk is not a measure of intelligence.

pokler

Power Bottom
Yes, and she could be my long lost cousin and how weird would it be to fuck your cousin. Like I said, I'm not that paranoid (stupid and paranoid are not the same thin. I'm neither one.). From a factual and legal perspective, a name, # and even employer in some provider's rolodex is meaningless. Proves nothing. Maybe she made it up. Maybe she wrote it wrong. Maybe, maybe, maybe. But it sure doesn't prove criminal activity on my part (and I understand the whole "but who even needs the hassle of LE calling you." Very true, and point taken). But lets look at this intelligently. You have clearly stated over the years that you will never, EVER, see a girl without someone else first going in and taking the chance. You could argue playing safe is smart (which it is), I could argue its a lack of balls (which it also is), and either way, it shows a degree of paranoia. Yours, obviously, is simply more pronounced than mine. But a willingness or refusal to take risk is not a measure of intelligence.
And a willingness to risk your job for pussy when there are many less risky options available is a measue of stupidity.

One thing about your theory puzzles me, pokler. Is your theory that everyone else besides yourself should TOFTT so that you are protected? If we all followed your theory and only saw vetted providers, who would do the vetting for us to begin with if no one here TOFTT? Because it seems that you never fail to pass up the opportunity to knock someone who does. Seems to me that is akin to biting the hand that feeds you.

And a willingness to risk your job for pussy when there are many less risky options available is a measue of stupidity.
No, not at all. You seem to confuse a legitimate difference in one's evaluation of the risk/reward ratio of a situation with intelligence, and they have nothing to do with each other. Courage is not doing something when you're unaware of the consequences. If I pull a guy out of rainforest tribe who's never seen a gun and has no idea what they can do, and teach him to play Russian roulette, he's not being brave, or smart. He has no idea what can happen. If you or I choose to do it, its not stupidity, its captain fucking courageous, because we DO know the potential outcome. Same activity, entirely different amount of courage required. But intelligence doesn't enter into it.
The potential outcome from an LE sting is exactly the same for both of us. Possible loss of livelihood, spouse or SO, community respect, etc. You have judged that that risk is simply not worth taking, regardless of the reward (and that reward, when toftt, is simply a new or previously unknown girl, when there are plenty of known ones around). And that's fine. Other people look at the same risk/reward situation, and arrive at a different decision. There are leaders, and there are followers. You choose to follow. Its a legitimate choice, and I don't fault you for it (tho Banacek's post #285 is 100% spot on in terms of this board, and it's purpose, and what would happen if there were only followers, and no one to lead).
But don't confuse your own personal assessment of the risk/reward decision with intelligence in any way. Columbus was a brave mother fucker, because when he set sail from Spain, he knew more than likely he'd never be back. He was also one smart SOB. The risks were huge, but he judged the rewards to be even greater.
So don't call people stupid. Just accept the fact that their balls are bigger than yours, and get over it.

pokler

Power Bottom
One thing about your theory puzzles me, pokler. Is your theory that everyone else besides yourself should TOFTT so that you are protected? If we all followed your theory and only saw vetted providers, who would do the vetting for us to begin with if no one here TOFTT? Because it seems that you never fail to pass up the opportunity to knock someone who does. Seems to me that is akin to biting the hand that feeds you.
It's simple. Why should I risk my job, my marrige , my life as I know just to tofft when many others are happy to do it for me? For the sake of being a loyal member of team monger ? Are you kidding me? Brains over balls is what it boils down to .

It's simple. Why should I risk my job, my marrige , my life as I know just to tofft when many others are happy to do it for me? For the sake of being a loyal member of team monger ? Are you kidding me? Brains over balls is what it boils down to .
We already know your position on letting others cum before you. What I would like to know is why you criticize them when they do. How can you profess the edict that you will take advantage of the work of others while simultaneously calling them stupid for doing exactly what you ask. Seems to be a contradiction there.

pokler

Power Bottom
We already know your position on letting others cum before you. What I would like to know is why you criticize them when they do. How can you profess the edict that you will take advantage of the work of others while simultaneously calling them stupid for doing exactly what you ask. Seems to be a contradiction there.
To help them realize how dumb it is to answer a BP ad and show up at a motel to meet a girl never reviewed. Guys doing this are not realizing each day many johns get arrested for prositution charges from BP stings. Me calling them what they are , stupid that is, hopefully will be their wake up call ,

Me calling them what they are , stupid that is, hopefully will be their wake up call ,
Probably not a whole lot more stupid than sticking your tongue up inside a stranger's ass. And that's the point. What one man judges safe, another judge's risky. It's neither smart nor stupid. It's simply a judgement call on the risk/reward ratio.

To help them realize how dumb it is to answer a BP ad and show up at a motel to meet a girl never reviewed. Guys doing this are not realizing each day many johns get arrested for prositution charges from BP stings. Me calling them what they are , stupid that is, hopefully will be their wake up call ,
But if they did not go before you, who would vet them for you? Don't you see the contradiction? It's like calling the Marines stupid for hitting the beach first.

(NOTE: I plan on moving all this off-topic stuff this weekend so as to not clutter up the thread anymore.)

pokler

Power Bottom
But if they did not go before you, who would vet them for you? Don't you see the contradiction? It's like calling the Marines stupid for hitting the beach first.

(NOTE: I plan on moving all this off-topic stuff this weekend so as to not clutter up the thread anymore.)
In life there will always be someone to go before you. Note I said in life as your mind set is stuck in theory.

You certainly seem to have trouble answering a direct question. I'm gonna give you your own thread to espouse what I call your theories and what you call life. I will start by moving all this stuff to there.

pokler

Power Bottom
You certainly seem to have trouble answering a direct question. I'm gonna give you your own thread to espouse what I call your theories and what you call life. I will start by moving all this stuff to there.
Actually I answered but you dont like my answer. So let me answer yet again. I maintain that yes it is wreck less , dumb , stupid , naive to tofft using BP due to daily arrests of guys doing so. But from those who succeed and share their info I am happy to sit back and reap the rewards of their risk taking - stupity. Call it hypocritical if you like but I call it being smart and honest. I'm sure the majority reading this do the same but I'm just being vocal and honest about it.

Actually I answered but you dont like my answer. So let me answer yet again. I maintain that yes it is wreck less , dumb , stupid , naive to tofft using BP due to daily arrests of guys doing so. But from those who succeed and share their info I am happy to sit back and reap the rewards of their risk taking - stupity. Call it hypocritical if you like but I call it being smart and honest. I'm sure the majority reading this do the same but I'm just being vocal and honest about it.
In all honesty, and to a large extent, I have to agree with Pokler. I don't think you have to be totally wreckless to TOFTT, but it's always safer to follow the crowd to a proven good thing and many people simply can't afford to take any kind of risk like that. It's really not such a terrible thing because there are plenty of blokes who thrive on being the explorers and want the acclaim of being the one who found that diamond out there. Lots of guys enjoy the thrill of risk. And there's room for both: that first TOFTT review and the ones that follow to confirm or refute the OP all add to the conversation. I have no quarrel with guys who prefer to play it safe. Who I have an issue with are guys that simply sponge off the efforts of those who contribute and add nothing to this board. They suck the life out of the hobby by flooding the demand, raising the prices and jading the talent, all the while profiting by our efforts and moving on to the next when the girls get spoiled. They are thieves.

All that said, you needn't necessarily be reckless, dumb, stupid or naive to TOFTT. On BP, plenty of unreviewed girls have been long-time advertisers that are unlikely to be stings. And there are lots of girls that have reviews on other venues that haven't been discussed here which, I think, would still qualify as a TOFTT. So, without sticking a finger in anyone's eye, that's my take on it.