Poker women

I'm watching Poker After Dark and I really am happy that Shanna Hiatt is back on the air after leaving WPT. This made me wonder if any players are distracted by good looking women at the table. I know if Jennifer Harmon was sitting at my table, my game would be off (more than it already is). Something very sexy about her.

On a side note, I play in a friendly game where there are a few women at the table. One of them is an acquaintance I've known for years and never thought of her as anything but a player/friend. She brought a friend with her and I overheard her explaining pot odds and teaching her some strategy. I wanted to take her home and nail the shit out of her after hearing that conversation.

I've found myself a few times in a poker tournament focusing on the cleavage of a pretty female opponent rather than the game at hand.

Vanessa Rousso is another one -- she's okay looking, and a complete geek... but the fact that she has poker smarts, is super aggressive at the table and is just a really proficient player makes her EXTREMELY attractive to me, for some reason.

I was going to put Jennifer Tilly in my initial post but I still think of her as an actress before I thought of her as a poker player. I didn't because I figured it might open the door to people mentioning stars that appear at poker tables like Shannon Elizabeth, Cheryl Hines, Mimi Rogers, etc. Although, Tilly seems to be more of a poker player than an actress the last few years.

I've had the pleasure of playing w/ a few of the women mentioned here... I sat With j. harmon for 2 days @ a wsop tourney in '05, and in AC at last years wsop circuit events in all of the side games w/ vanessa rousso (b4 she made any real money).
I'm also a Big, loud, table-captain type, so I am always chattering... And thru all of my yapping, I get to speak to them, b/c they can't ignore me...
And they just want to be allowed to "work" and you're in their "office" funny thing is, even though all of the women you mentioned are pretty, they're usually not made up, and cover up their looks, and try to blend in w/ the crowd, except @ televised events...

Cloud Nine

I had to open my big mouth.......
No better poker babe to discuss on this board than Maria "Ho"

She lasted the longest of any female player in this year's main event.

Not a babe, but perhaps the best female poker player out there.... (and some would argue the best POKER PLAYER out there)....

Annette Obrestad (annette_15 online)
From Norway, she started playing for cash online when she was 15. Now she's 19 and just took first in the WSOPE (European) main event.

From her Wikipedia page: "In July 2007, Annette won a 180 person online sit-and-go where she played the entire tournament without looking at her cards, except one time when she faced an all-in bet. She did this to show, "just how important it is to play position and to pay attention to the players at the table.""

Cloud Nine

If youre an Arrested Development fan Obrestad resembles George Michael's girl friend, Ann, played by Mae Whitman

Obrestad

Mayonegg?

I was going to put Jennifer Tilly in my initial post but I still think of her as an actress before I thought of her as a poker player. I didn't because I figured it might open the door to people mentioning stars that appear at poker tables like Shannon Elizabeth, Cheryl Hines, Mimi Rogers, etc. Although, Tilly seems to be more of a poker player than an actress the last few years.
Yes, but none of the rest of them own a braclet.

That makes Tilly a poker player.

Cloud Nine

Yes, but none of the rest of them own a braclet.

That makes Tilly a poker player.
Puh-lease having a WSOP bracelet doesnt make you a good poker player; a multi-table tourney win is not always indicative of how good you are.

Moneymaker, Yang, Gold, etc...

The ladies event bracelet is Jennifer Tilly's ONLY WSOP bracelet, actually. However, there is no doubt in my mind that Jennifer Tilly is a good poker player. She has numerous cashes and final tables to her name.... It's not all luck.

Puh-lease having a WSOP bracelet doesnt make you a good poker player; a multi-table tourney win is not always indicative of how good you are.

Moneymaker, Yang, Gold, etc...
All I can tell you, CN, is that if she was sitting across a table from me I'd give her the respect I'd give a player.