Poisoning Squirrels

Status
Not open for further replies.
When I called them up they said to fill a trash can with water and drown the pest in the trap. They made sure that I understood that I was not to transport them alive to make them someone else's problem.

If there is such a place as hell I would think that there is more entrance requirement than the sin of drowning a pest.

Ps. Perhaps, before you get on your high horse, you should review the method for the Kosher killing of animals for food.
When I called them up they said to fill a trash can with water and drown the pest in the trap. They made sure that I understood that I was not to transport them alive to make them someone else's problem.

If there is such a place as hell I would think that there is more entrance requirement than the sin of drowning a pest.

Ps. Perhaps, before you get on your high horse, you should review the method for the Kosher killing of animals for food.
I'm vegetarian and work at an animal shelter. You want to justify torturing a defenseless creature by quoting ridiculous religious rules go for it. If you drown a squirrel you're an asshole. If you consider it a pest then find a humane way to kill it, or better yet catch and release. I guess everyone has there own version of the requirements to get into "hell," torturing a living creature is top of my list.

I'm vegetarian and work at an animal shelter. You want to justify torturing a defenseless creature by quoting ridiculous religious rules go for it. .
Many, many people, especially in the NYC area, do not consider their "rules" (as you put it) to be ridiculous.

If you drown a squirrel you're an asshole. .
Oh, yeah! Well I've been called an asshole by better people than you. So there!

Oh wait — somehow that wording doesn't seem right.

If you consider it a pest then find a humane way to kill it, or better yet catch and release. I guess everyone has there own version of the requirements to get into "hell," torturing a living creature is top of my list.
I've never drowned a squirrel although I have drowned raccoons who were constantly going after my Koi fish and I also have drowned mice that I caught in one of those "humane, no kill traps.
BTW, as I post catch and release somewhere else is illegal.

Sophia Belle

Trickle Down Economist
I'm vegetarian and work at an animal shelter. You want to justify torturing a defenseless creature by quoting ridiculous religious rules go for it. If you drown a squirrel you're an asshole. If you consider it a pest then find a humane way to kill it, or better yet catch and release. I guess everyone has there own version of the requirements to get into "hell," torturing a living creature is top of my list.
I just fell in love with you :) I’m an animal lover from the depths of my soul... I donate money all the time to different rescues and I’d love to donate to the shelter you work at. So if you want to send me the info via email, I would gladly do so!

sophiabelle4u@gmail.com

Many, many people, especially in the NYC area, do not consider their "rules" (as you put it) to be ridiculous.

Oh, yeah! Well I've been called an asshole by better people than you. So there!

Oh wait — somehow that wording doesn't seem right.

I've never drowned a squirrel although I have drowned raccoons who were constantly going after my Koi fish and I also have drowned mice that I caught in one of those "humane, no kill traps.
BTW, as I post catch and release somewhere else is illegal.
Obviously you don't mind breaking the law for certain hobby's, but you're worried about breaking the law of releasing a mouse into the woods. Whatever, you be you. Hope you come back as a raccoon, or a mouse...

Years ago when I called and no one came I told operator I was going to take them and drop them of infront of the mayors house. Well that got their attention came in 10 minutes. When they looked at the traps they were speechless and never got too close. Advised me not to take them to mayors house.

If you trap them put cage in garbage bag. Calms them down and keeps urine from getting in your car. Take them at least couple of miles away
Yup, and thus makes them another person's problem who can then get some traps, put cage in garbage bag, take them at least a couple of miles away — which makes them another person's problem who can then get some traps, put cage in garbage bag, take them at least a couple of miles away — which makes them another person's problem who can then get some traps, put cage in garbage bag, take them at least a couple of miles away.......

Obviously you don't mind breaking the law for certain hobby's, but you're worried about breaking the law of releasing a mouse into the woods. Whatever, you be you....
not "worried about breaking the law of releasing a mouse into the woods" one bit, it's just that some laws actually make sense (see post #29 above).
Although letting the mouse go in the woods makes sense — gives something for the hawks or owls or the neighborhood cat to tear, while alive, into bits for a snack.

Hope you come back as a raccoon, or a mouse...
Funny, some how I actually thought you would believe in something like that.

Status
Not open for further replies.