Poisoning Squirrels

Status
Not open for further replies.

billyS

Reign of Terror
I'm looking for legit answers only.

Does anyone know where or what can I buy that will kill squirrels.

Apparently car companies are coating wires with soy these day and squirrels love to eat the wires because of this.

This is not a joke or bullshit. It happened twice on my block already and both guys own car related businesses body shop and engine repair.

Any legit answers will be appreciated.

Sophia Belle

Trickle Down Economist
Leave a Bad Taste in Their Mouths
To help keep squirrels away from your ride, the Canadian Wildlife Federation suggests using taste deterrents, like bitter apple spray. Most pet stores and veterinary clinics carry bitter apple spray, as well as other taste deterrents for wildlife. Use caution and talk to a mechanic before spraying anything directly on your vehicle, though, to help avoid any damage.
Roll Out the Un-Welcome Mat
If you suspect a squirrel is already nesting under the hood of your car, the Toronto Wildlife Centre suggests leaving the hood of your car open for a day or two (if it’s safe to do so). This may help make your car a less attractive nesting space and the squirrel may vacate on its own.
As cute and innocent as squirrels may appear to be, they can cause unexpected damage.

Should you use an animal repellant spray, make sure not to spray directly onto the engine... If the spray heats up, it could cause a foul smell which could seep into the cabin

I'm looking for legit answers only.

Does anyone know where or what can I buy that will kill squirrels.

Apparently car companies are coating wires with soy these day and squirrels love to eat the wires because of this.

This is not a joke or bullshit. It happened twice on my block already and both guys own car related businesses body shop and engine repair.

Any legit answers will be appreciated.
Get traps from northern freight. Peanut butter on apple slices. When you catch release them in a good neighborhood at least a mile away.

Sophia Belle

Trickle Down Economist
Be nice to them regardless of what you do... they play an important role in the eco system just like every other animal. If y’all have like an animal control service up here, maybe they can give you some advice that will help you and the squirrels in the safest way possible.

Get traps from northern freight. Peanut butter on apple slices. When you catch release them in a good neighborhood at least a mile away.
FYI, it is illegal in NYS to transport a wild animal. Believe or not the legal method recommended by NYS is to trap the animal (I had a problem with raccoons), fill up a trash can with water and submerge the trap with the animal until it drowns. Dispose of the body in the trash.

Ps. If you insist on transporting the animal, do not stop on your way to pick up a SW for a bj or you will be violating Genius's "only commit one crime at a time" rule.

Sophia Belle

Trickle Down Economist
FYI, it is illegal in NYS to transport a wild animal. Believe or not the legal method recommended by NYS is to trap the animal (I had a problem with raccoons), fill up a trash can with water and submerge the trap with the animal until it drowns. Dispose of the body in the trash.

Ps. If you insist on transporting the animal, do not stop on your way to pick up a SW for a bj or you will be violating Genius's "only commit one crime at a time" rule.
that’s just awful... please don’t drown the animal. Please!

It says nothing about legally drowning an animal on the NYS Dept of Environmental Conservation https://www.dec.ny.gov/animals/81531.html
It say to contact a license professional.
There is also this:

The PACT (Preventing Animal Cruelty and Torture) Act: Signed into law in 2019, the PACT Act makes some of the most egregious forms of animal cruelty — specifically crushing, burning, drowning, suffocating, impaling or sexual exploitation — in or affecting interstate commerce or within the territorial jurisdiction of the United States a federal crime.

There is a special place in hell for someone who drowns any animal.

Although there are a lot of pesticide products out there designed to target squirrels, most of them do not allow use in cars per label directions. My suggestion is to hire an exterminator in case you wanna use a repellent. Trapping requires a license from the DEC. So hiring a professional is highly recommended.
Ps. There are a lot of organic repellents that are made of hot peppers, black pepper ... I will talk to a mechanic or an exterminator before applying them to cars.
Any question lmk know, I can help.
Best

Also legally, you can’t use pesticides (including repellents and organic pesticides) on a property (car in this case) that you don’t own or lease without being a certified exterminator and your business is registered with the dec.
I’m 100% sure about this information

It says nothing about legally drowning an animal on the NYS Dept of Environmental Conservation https://www.dec.ny.gov/animals/81531.html
It say to contact a license professional. .
When I called them up they said to fill a trash can with water and drown the pest in the trap. They made sure that I understood that I was not to transport them alive to make them someone else's problem.

There is a special place in hell for someone who drowns any animal.
If there is such a place as hell I would think that there is more entrance requirement than the sin of drowning a pest.

Ps. Perhaps, before you get on your high horse, you should review the method for the Kosher killing of animals for food.

They sell plastic owls, hawks, snakes etc. which can scare away pests. The anti varmint sprays they sell are good, or you can make your own with some chili oil, mace, or Tabasco.

Status
Not open for further replies.