Please permaban me.

What happened? This is a purely fictional fantasy board about forbidden pleasures.
Nice try but unfortunately SO's, LE, IRS are not stupid (at least the ones I know).

Perhaps some IT guys can chime in on how to be as safe as possible online with pros/cons or various methods and level of risk, e.g., VPN's , incognito mode, etc.

Also perhaps some legal types can chime in as how what we post can be used against us.

My main concern is stuff being left on my computer and seen there by people I do not want to see such.

I use Chrome as my browser and set it up to automatically start up in incognito mode. Not even remotely close to perfect but at least my cookies, histories are not saved. It is not my default browser.

Nice try but unfortunately SO's, LE, IRS are not stupid (at least the ones I know).

Perhaps some IT guys can chime in on how to be as safe as possible online with pros/cons or various methods and level of risk, e.g., VPN's , incognito mode, etc.

Also perhaps some legal types can chime in as how what we post can be used against us.

My main concern is stuff being left on my computer and seen there by people I do not want to see such.

I use Chrome as my browser and set it up to automatically start up in incognito mode. Not even remotely close to perfect but at least my cookies, histories are not saved. It is not my default browser.
Not exactly a computer genius myself but I also use incognito mode whenever opening Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome, but installing Tor browser has significantly helped me guard my privacy and wellbeing on the Wild Wild Web.

Incognito mode, only hides your activity from your local computer search history. Your ISP and your employer [on their machines] knows where you go. can’t completely shield you. There are many external data points outside your browser (your IP address, your computer’s OS and version, etc.) that can be used to at least probabilisticly identify you. However, using Incognito does make the job harder, and it will for the most part eliminate the spooky Amazon ads that show up on different sites showing things you searched for recently. (Of course, if you also browsed Amazon in your incognito session, it wouldn’t help.) tracking and data mining extends way beyond a single browser and a single device.

log into any of your favorite sites in incognito mode—Facebook, Amazon, Gmail—your actions are no longer anonymous or temporary, at least as far as those services are concerned. Although cookies and tracking data are deleted when your private session finishes, they can still be used while the session is active, linking your activities between various accounts and profiles.
  • your true IP address is still visible to everyone
  • your Internet Service Provider [employer] will still be able to track your online activity
  • the government and law enforcement can still track you
VPN, depending on who you use may be nearly impossible[anyone dedicated enough will probably figure out who it is surfing] the free ones are nearly useless only hides your activity from your ISP, the more costly ones you get much better anonymity but also at significant lag/ significantky slower content loading. ISP can see that you’re connected to an IP owned by a VPN service, but won't know the contents

Email.
New feature open to all now.
https://reclaimthenet.org/duckduckgos-email-privacy-forwarding-feature-is-now-open-to-all/

Anonymity
It takes a lot of work, and a modicum of skill, but one stupid mistake will undo all of it [log in into your social media accounts or Amazon for instance] recent articles and how to's as of 2021

https://www.security.org/vpn/anonymity/

https://www.pcmag.com/how-to/how-to-stay-anonymous-online

https://www.comparitech.com/blog/vpn-privacy/how-to-remain-completely-anonymous-and-hidden-online/

Not exactly a computer genius myself but I also use incognito mode whenever opening Microsoft Edge or Google Chrome, but installing Tor browser has significantly helped me guard my privacy and wellbeing on the Wild Wild Web.
I set up Chrome so when I open it it automatically starts in incognito mode. I only use Chrome for UG and other similar stuff and the icon is sitting in an inconspicuous spot on my desktop's home screen.

My guess it was the ol lady
My guess too.
Plus add in a forensic accountant and a lawyer who partners with a good IT guy; that combo can ruin anyone's day ( and future economic health).

Hopefully (for him) he used (and smashed and tossed) the burner phone he uses for mongering that he paid for (and the minutes too) in cash.

I wouldn’t worry about SO’s or LE. Unless you’re made of money and she’s one evil smart bitch. Then I could understand.

But The only way I would want to erase my online existence on here is if I decided to run for political office.

Could you imagine me running for political office and having my opponent find my UG account!!!?!! That’s would be hysterical. Posting all my reviews on commercials! Especially the ones where I go off on their bad service or horrible attributes and looks.

And all my memes……. Ugh….

Id be toast……… :D

I wouldn’t worry about SO’s or LE. Unless you’re made of money and she’s one evil smart bitch. Then I could understand.

But The only way I would want to erase my online existence on here is if I decided to run for political office.

Could you imagine me running for political office and having my opponent find my UG account!!!?!! That’s would be hysterical. Posting all my reviews on commercials! Especially the ones where I go off on their bad service or horrible attributes and looks.

LMFAO I’d vote for ya!

oh you should very much worry about the SO. Also LE can be an indirect consideration if something happens,( say something like her body shows up along the Gilgo strip) to one the ladies you may have seen (there are cameras everywhere now at highways, parking lots, outside of a motel, etc, that can pick up your plate, traced to you and part of an investigation.

If you have kids, and a decent job or profession and she sacrificed her career for a couple of years to raise the kids, the financial cost to the guy can literally be devastating.

Don't underestimate how much the cost can be to a guy even if the guy isn't "made of money"

But The only way I would want to erase my online existence on here is if I decided to run for political office.....
Funny you should mention running for office as many years ago I thought about that before I joined my swinging phase. I decided that running for office was not going to be in my future. I actually was at a legal proceeding (no - I'm not a legal type) and in the same room was the guy half a one of the couples my SO and I partied with, we recognized each other and nodded. Until then I did not know his name and profession and he didn't know mine. Another factor is if you SO was going to run for office, she didn't know about your mongering and it got exposed and impacted her.

You have my vote!!