Pistol permit

Although I have some long guns in my home (from my hunting days long ago) I would like to have a pistol in the nightstand next to my bed.

As many of you guys may suspect I have no criminal record of any kind and my last traffic violation ( minor - right turn on red I think) must be at least over 20 years ago.

I have an honorable discharge and am (I think) well respected in my community.

That said there seems to be an item on the application (I don't have the actual application yet) where the applicant must list any social media accounts.
I don't think there would be a problem with the one I have with a professional society but what about the 2 I have, 1 with UG and another with another similar type site?

Any advice from you guys would be appreciated for the specifics of my social media sites and for the application process in general.

Just put you don't have any or just list what you want them to know, I know numerous people that have done that with no issues. And only give an email address that you want them to have. Anti depression meds and drug use, even marijuana is a red flag . Also I hope your not in a rush, I've been hearing it's an 18month wait. Also I would start with a "target" permit first and then apply for a carry permit after you get a target permit, usually easier route.

I have a full carry for over 35 years and I am a reference for many that received their licenses in N.Y.
Only list the social media you want them to know, they will not research social media for much.
You can always state that social media is not mine, regardless of the IP address or name associated with the social media.
Go for the full under restricted carry based on the new ruling of the supreme court.
You will need to take a drug test and take a 16-hour course but it is well worth it.

Although I have some long guns in my home (from my hunting days long ago) I would like to have a pistol in the nightstand next to my bed.

As many of you guys may suspect I have no criminal record of any kind and my last traffic violation ( minor - right turn on red I think) must be at least over 20 years ago.

That said there seems to be an item on the application (I don't have the actual application yet) where the applicant must list any social media accounts.
I don't think there would be a problem with the one I have with a professional society but what about the 2 I have, 1 with UG and another with another similar type site?

Any advice from you guys would be appreciated for the specifics of my social media sites and for the application process in general.
If you are concerned about the social media aspect you might as well wait until the end of the month. It’s one of the items expected to be dropped from the requirements by a court ruling.

So what happened to make you feel unsafe. Loaded guns in nightstands are an accident waiting to happen.

not anymore. This is the last of the 5 year renewals. You will see during your next renewal. More to come by the end of March. Expected to remove the drug test and social media requirements. So far the training test is a one and done for life.
Certain drugs will be removed from the drug test, drug is going to stay.

billyS

Reign of Terror
So what happened to make you feel unsafe. Loaded guns in nightstands are an accident waiting to happen.
I was talking more about discussing the legality of gun laws and whether or not they violated your constitutional rights.
I don't want this thread headed down that path.

But yeah, facts only please.

So what happened to make you feel unsafe.
I wont answer your Q as rule against making this thread political.
Loaded guns in nightstands are an accident waiting to happen.
Who said anything about having it loaded in nightstands ?
I can slide in a magazine stored nearby a lot faster than I can get to one of my long guns and as these are not loaded via a detachable magazine, to singularly load a couple of rounds into a fixed magazine.
Plus IMHO, there is nothing like the sounds of a clip being inserted and a round chambered to have an intruder decide to leave my premises (perhaps to change his underwear that he just crapped into).