Pennywhistle

I'm seeing a lot of reminiscing on this board 'bout the good ole days of Harmony, 90, etc. My 2 cents of memories - does anyone recall Pennywhistle in Astoria? They had everything and kept a pretty low profile but apparently was swept away by hurricaine Rudy as well. I went looking for it a few months ago and sure enough it was gone. saw a few girls on the N train going towards the same location that actually looked promising (they were talking about doing dances, cheap customers and other thngs that gave away that they wer in the biz in some form - though probably strippers). Anyway, they got off a stop before so I followed them to see if there was a new location maybe they were heading. They went to a parking lot at a diner in the area and after discussion with the man in the car they got in. HMMMM. Anyone know if Penny's is truly gone or gone under deep cover? There don't seem to be too many "cheap Thrills" in NYC any longer- shame. All the posts about Episodes, but now are saying its hard to get in. I've been out of the hobby for a while (for personal - read that relationship reasons" but am now trying to break back in. Would love cheapee place in Queens or Manhattan (like Latinas, Indian and Asain - sorry not into too white bread or dark meat). Or feel free to commiserate or share experiences on Pennywhistle which, I guess was my point here anyway.
T

Allen

Webmaster?
Ahhh...Pennywhistle's... great place. As far as I know, PW is completely closed(no cover). I think all the strip clubs in Queens are now crap. The only place I go to occasionaly is Honey's on QB. Very tame, but the girls are nice and I've dated a few girls I met there.

allen, you been there lately?
theres a strawbery blonde who bartends three nights and dances on fri only. wears granny glasses and looks like she stepped out of the van halen "hot for teacher" video.......your not dating her are you? ;)

btw, i'm still trying to put a weeknd or so on the side for DR.

Allen

Webmaster?
Ozzy

Haven't been there in months. Best bet there is to become friends with the half Asian bartender(forgot her name). She also works at a regular bar on Metropolitan Ave where a lot of the girls hang out...the rest is up to you...

I'm going to Colombia for a while if you're interested, around mid April.

Allen,
Isn't Honey's a bikini bar? I used to live down the street and last time I was there it was. I'd be happy to see it's gone back. Anytime I was there a wide mix of dancers but nothing offered. No lap dance area, I have spent time there buying drinks & chatting w. girls. No hustle place but really nothing to hustle for anyway (unless someone has a report on post-closing action!).
Similar (actually nicer) place with a good vibe is Vixen on Metroolitan in Ridgewood. Bikini also but lap dance for $10. Anyone have any better luck or report on Vixen? What about another bar further down on Metropolitan towards Wlmsbrg near the factories. Can't remember the name - looks sleazy and maybe dangerous for an Anglo like me. But looks under the radar and therefore enticing as well. Anyone know? Shame about PW - The Harmony of Queens.