Only Commit One Crime at a Time

Just got back from Traffic Court.I was like the 10th one called and the"cheapest" fine that I heard given out to the 9 people was $565! everything else was higher than that.So when i get called i tell show the person the before and after pics of my plates and tell her that i did nothing to alter them just that something seemed like it was peeling off. She tells me that when the Plates were new they had a protective film covering them that has since been not used,and that alot of people were complaining about that. So then I say so my case is dismissed? she says no we cant do that lol whatever.So she knocks it down to a parking violation .Total fine is$155whiuch i am ok with.The part that ticks me off is the surcharge of $25 and admin.fee of $55! So my fine was actually only $75.+ 25+55= 155.So I paid it and left. Oh Btw I asled how much fine is if I didn't accept plea? $340 + 2 pts. Robbery!!

Just got back from Traffic Court.I was like the 10th one called and the"cheapest" fine that I heard given out to the 9 people was $565! everything else was higher than that.So when i get called i tell show the person the before and after pics of my plates and tell her that i did nothing to alter them just that something seemed like it was peeling off. She tells me that when the Plates were new they had a protective film covering them that has since been not used,and that alot of people were complaining about that. So then I say so my case is dismissed? she says no we cant do that lol whatever.So she knocks it down to a parking violation .Total fine is$155whiuch i am ok with.The part that ticks me off is the surcharge of $25 and admin.fee of $55! So my fine was actually only $75.+ 25+55= 155.So I paid it and left. Oh Btw I asled how much fine is if I didn't accept plea? $340 + 2 pts. Robbery!!

Isn’t it a kick in dick that NYS makes shitty plates and we get tickets for the plate peeling? Such bullshit.

Isn’t it a kick in dick that NYS makes shitty plates and we get tickets for the plate peeling? Such bullshit.
Nys is a money hungry squeeze every dollar outta the people in NYC and sorrounding suburbs. They are going to keep losing people to other states. I love NYC but it's getting ridiculous. Got good friends making $100k similar to me and other friend making up to $250k and most of them complain they can't afford to live here.

I have that film peeling off my license plate too. I was wondering what the heck was going on.
I suggest that if you have peeling plates that you replace them ASAP. They will replace with new # free; if you want to keep your # you have to pay 20 bucks.
See link below for details.

FYI: from https://dmv.ny.gov/registration/peeling-license-plates

Peeling or damaged license plates

We are aware that some older license plates may show delamination (peeling) of their printed coating.
We will exchange plates that are peeling for a new set of license plates free of charge. If the plates show natural use, fading, chips or crash damage, you must pay to replace them.

Nys is a money hungry squeeze every dollar outta the people in NYC and sorrounding suburbs. They are going to keep losing people to other states. I love NYC but it's getting ridiculous. Got good friends making $100k similar to me and other friend making up to $250k and most of them complain they can't afford to live here.

Tell me about it. I recenlty found out that I have another E-Zpass for a SUV I sold 3 years ago. I sent old E-Z pass unit back and cancel it over the phone. Recenlty got collection bill for over $4k.... and now it's going back and forth without proper solution. SMH

The 1 crime at a time rule is why i try to never do car dates. I'm paranoid the girl will have drugs or a gun on her. Plus sometimes the girl's favored car date place is somewhere that people might see.

Also to add my own, don't put yourself in place to be a witness to a DIFFERENT crime. This is why i shy away from certain low rent notels. Not to mention by name but one is in sayville, one in bay shore and one in farmingdale. I have had cops who knew exactly what i was doing in Sayville stop and question me. They didn't give me a ticket or arrest me... because they were homicide detectives. Someone a couple rooms over had gotten killed. They were happy with my cooperation so they didnt hassle me any further but they coulda

The 1 crime at a time rule is why i try to never do car dates. I'm paranoid the girl will have drugs or a gun on her. Plus sometimes the girl's favored car date place is somewhere that people might see.

Also to add my own, don't put yourself in place to be a witness to a DIFFERENT crime. This is why i shy away from certain low rent notels. Not to mention by name but one is in sayville, one in bay shore and one in farmingdale. I have had cops who knew exactly what i was doing in Sayville stop and question me. They didn't give me a ticket or arrest me... because they were homicide detectives. Someone a couple rooms over had gotten killed. They were happy with my cooperation so they didnt hassle me any further but they coulda
In my youth, I rolled down my driver's side window to talk to an attractive black SW and while she held my attention, her sister SW's started opening my right and left rear doors to gain entry. Realizing that 3 hungry tigers wanted to enter my car at the same time, my wallet would have minimum chance of still belonging to me with 6 grasping hands going for the gold, I stepped on the gas with my rear doors open and flailing in the wind nearly decapitating the one with her head in my driver's side window. I got away with those three animals cursing at me. Realizing it was a bad omen, I left that night without further searching and that was my last car date.

Yeah, stupid kid from the farms with these savvy streetwalkers. Now I am very much older and a lot more careful. Notice how I didn't say "A lot smarter." But definitely a lot more careful.
When I was younger, I went upstate and the person I knew saw me locking my door. Puzzled, he asked " why are you locking your door?"
Anyone from NY city or near the city knows to keep your doors locked. The rural folk never do (or at least back then...can't speak if that's still the same).

today's ND
NCPD arrested 3 men after finding a large amount of mail that did not belong to them in their vehicle during a traffic stop for an illegal turn. In addition to the charge of possession of stolen property, they were charged with illegal possession of controlled substance, unlawful possession of personal identification information.

today's ND
NCPD arrested 3 men after finding a large amount of mail that did not belong to them in their vehicle during a traffic stop for an illegal turn. In addition to the charge of possession of stolen property, they were charged with illegal possession of controlled substance, unlawful possession of personal identification information.
unbelievable!! An illegal turn is cause to search the vehicle!!!? That’s insane. Whatever happened to probably cause? Here comes the police state!! Beware

unbelievable!! An illegal turn is cause to search the vehicle!!!? That’s insane. Whatever happened to probably cause? Here comes the police state!! Beware
During a traffic stop cops have the right to look into your car (while they are standing outside of it), while you are handing them you license. So if they see an open bottle or can of beer, a gun or in this case a pile of unstamped mail, they can make further inquires w/o a warrant.

During a traffic stop cops have the right to look into your car (while they are standing outside of it), while you are handing them you license. So if they see an open bottle or can of beer, a gun or in this case a pile of unstamped mail, they can make further inquires w/o a warrant.
Certainly
That’s called probably cause
Same as if you look wasted or the car smells of pot etc. Sometimes they just use a license plate light out as a reason to search you - that’s not legal.