OK, so you asked for it....

It's interesting to read and reflect on what has transpired when you drop into an ongoing thread well after it has been around the track a few times. It seems that SB's proposal that a price point (regardless of how subjective or arbitrary it is) be the defining characteristic for inclusion in this thread has achieved acceptance by all concerned. $500 per hour is an objective criterion. We don't all have to agree with it, but we all understand what it is.

I'm very interested in how this thread turns out -- while I have very little experience (nay, zero to be truthful) with $500/hr providers, my avoidance of them has not been because of financial constraints per se. Rather, I have been pretty pleased with my experiences in the $250 - $400 range so that there has been no incentive to set my sights any higher. If this thread provides convincing information that there is a sound correlation between spend ($) and spend (to resurrect an old Frank Harris -- or was it Henry Miller? -- term), I will be unable to resist spending more until my morbid sense of curiosity is satisfied.

And, to contribute to the secondary thread, my first reaql fist fight came as a result of a heated argument over who was better -- Mays, Mantle, or Snyder. Growing up in Queens amidst a bunch of Yankee fans, and being a Giants fan who knew the truth (Mays was the best), I was a kid who didn't back down when my best friend at the time threatened to punch me in the nose if I didn't take back my assertion about Mays' superiority. We pushed and shoved, got headlocks on each other, and wrestled ourselves down into the dust behind first base. We each landed a solid, satisfying punch before an adult passerby broke up the fight and made us shake hands. The swelling of my fat lip receded well before his black eye lost its luster, so the neighborhood kids acclaimed me as the winner of The Fight. What a simple and naive time it was! Kids argued and got in each others' faces, without any possibility of weapons getting involved. Road rage hadn't been invented yet. We were all still virgins, in many senses of the word.

this is fantastic -

you guys want to start a "high end" room and end up posting for months
just trying to define what "high end" means...???

you guys must work for the government!!

gern

Last edited:

Slinky Bender

The All Powerful Moderator
Six Project Stages
  • Wild enthusiasm
  • Disillusionment
  • Total confusion
  • Search for the guilty
  • Punishment of the innocent
  • Promotion of the non-participants