NYC's Best Diners

Speaking of gyros and pastrami, seems all the good places have all shut down too along with many diners and delis. Gyro II across from Madison Square Garden was amazing. Where does one get these things from nowawadays? Falafels and mousaka too which we're at it. I'll deal with Ben's, 2nd Ave Deli and Kaplans but honestly would rather not.

Speaking of gyros and pastrami, seems all the good places have all shut down too along with many diners and delis. Gyro II across from Madison Square Garden was amazing. Where does one get these things from nowawadays? Falafels and mousaka too which we're at it. I'll deal with Ben's, 2nd Ave Deli and Kaplans but honestly would rather not.
Baba Ghanouge downtown Church st

Has good falafels and good priced large portion of fries $11 tops.

Zans kosher deli Lake Grove is good for Suffolk people.

billyS

Reign of Terror
For a good gyro in Queens, the guy selling gyros from a truck on Queens Blvd between where Main Street starts and the Briarwood Subway stop gives a generous amount of Lamb. Above average taste overall and good price. $7.00 and he throws in a bottle of water or can of soda. I've had it for lunch a few times.

Ok, I'll check him out. A lot of these truck and cart guys are skimping on seasoning and vegs these days on the gyros or platters. If I wanted a plate of rice with "white sauce" (sigh) I would have ordered that. By the way, on a kind of related note, D'Angelo's truck on Woodhaven along that cemetery (maybe south of Yellowstone? north of Cooper, something like that) has some of the best sausage and pepper and onion hero's I've ever had especially the spicy one.

For a good gyro in Queens, the guy selling gyros from a truck on Queens Blvd between where Main Street starts and the Briarwood Subway stop gives a generous amount of Lamb. Above average taste overall and good price. $7.00 and he throws in a bottle of water or can of soda. I've had it for lunch a few times.
I try not to fuck with that street meat pause. However I do rarely get some halal at certain trucks one of them being at Union tpke and main st

Halal food is a bit off the Diner subject, but why not. I've mentioned it here before,(http://www.utopiaguide.pl/forums/index.php?threads/halal-food-truck-on-107-just-north-of-ocr.54780/) a halal food van that's really quite good. I've eaten there a couple times late at night after leaving an UTR i have in that area. The line at 2am can be 10 deep. Don't ask for tzatziki, it's halal, not Greek! Guy looked at me like i had just gotten a bj from some whore down the block... oh wait, i did... my bad. Anyway, it's "white sauce" although it's tzatziki... best gyro tho, is Abe's Pitaria in wantagh. Never had long beach, but it's the same owners, so they can't be bad. Their tzatziki is more sour cream based and less yogurt, not as strong tasting/smelling. I could eat it plain. Chicken or lamb. Both are winners. Yalla!

Ok, I'll check him out. A lot of these truck and cart guys are skimping on seasoning and vegs these days on the gyros or platters. If I wanted a plate of rice with "white sauce" (sigh) I would have ordered that. By the way, on a kind of related note, D'Angelo's truck on Woodhaven along that cemetery (maybe south of Yellowstone? north of Cooper, something like that) has some of the best sausage and pepper and onion hero's I've ever had especially the spicy one.
Yes right across from 7-11, along the cemetery. They're there, along with Dominicks hot dogs. D'Angelos does indeed have the beat sausages I've ever had. Not chewy at all.

Back to diners now that I'm thinking I think I randomly ate at Jackson's around March. Pretty sure I got a burger and it ran me like $35 from what I recall but maybe I added some Corona or something with it I dunno but I do recall being satisfied and also do recall enjoying the waitress. And if it's the place you're talking about I think there was a gourmet market next door to that and between there and Jackson's I dropped enough to have been with a SB lol

Mamouns. MacDougall at in Manhattan. . shawarma is outstanding. They have a place on long island but never been there. A place in Plainview has great Greek food too. Yasou yerros