NYC's Best Diners

Ok, gentlemen
Let's get down to BRASS TACKS.
Let's focus on what really matters, here. The reason we all congregate to this bastion of gluttony. Allow me to start a thread that I'm sure Slink was hoping he'd some day moderate when he dreamed up this Utopia of Delights.

Convenience, food quality, and comfort reviews only. Gross bathrooms are not worth mentioning. Admittedly, this will be difficult due to the horrible quality of most diners, but I think we can put together a good list.

*AHEM*

1. Jackson Hole on Bell Blvd in Bayside (NOT ASTORIA)

The Diner of Diners. Dont be blinded by the Astoria location's Goodfellas fame. Roomier. More seating. More space between you and the grill. Slight differences in the way certain dishes are served. The burgers are slightly slimmer, so they cook more evenly, and are therefore easier to eat. They're covered with steel cups while grilled so they're steamed at the same time. The consistency reminds you of the patties your mother made for you when she slapped some ground beef together and served between 2 pieces of white bread. Like that Eddie Murphy bit. These are not frozen patties from Westeen Beef.

Steak fries. 'Nuff said.

The milkshakes are 3-in-one, because they give you the mixing cup along with the glass. They use Turkey Hill. Not generic diner ice cream that tastes like paper. Their chocolate cake is beyond reproach. The waitresses are very cute. One in particular has an incredible bubble butt. If she pulled her black tights down each time she passed my table and smothered my face in her sweaty butt cheeks, I'd gladly accept. I would devour her sweaty post work pussy with glee. No ventilation for that crotch. Not with those tights and that thong riding up her tan vulvae and waxed anus. I don't know her name.

2. Z-One and Z-Two in Staten Island

I haven't been to either in about 6 years. But I remember their food being surprisingly good for a diner. Its uncommon for me to order Italian at a diner, but they had excellent meat sauce. At one point, one of the sluts from the Wathogue Rd American girl massage parlor worked at z-Two. I regret not fucking her. She's trash now.

3. Mike Jr's Richmond Diner in Staten Island on Richmond Ave

Excellent blueberry pie. I am very serious about desserts.

I sometimes make pit stops to a handful of diners for specific items that only each individual location has. For example, I have only ever had a Lime Ricky at the Floridian on Flatbush ave. The Georgia Diner on Queens blvd (moved to what used to be the Nevada diner) has better steak fries than Jackson Hole, but everything else is lackluster. I like my steak fries big and soggy. Not crunchy.

Ok, gentlemen
Let's get down to BRASS TACKS.
Let's focus on what really matters, here. The reason we all congregate to this bastion of gluttony. Allow me to start a thread that I'm sure Slink was hoping he'd some day moderate when he dreamed up this Utopia of Delights.

Convenience, food quality, and comfort reviews only. Gross bathrooms are not worth mentioning. Admittedly, this will be difficult due to the horrible quality of most diners, but I think we can put together a good list.

*AHEM*

1. Jackson Hole on Bell Blvd in Bayside (NOT ASTORIA)

The Diner of Diners. Dont be blinded by the Astoria location's Goodfellas fame. Roomier. More seating. More space between you and the grill. Slight differences in the way certain dishes are served. The burgers are slightly slimmer, so they cook more evenly, and are therefore easier to eat. They're covered with steel cups while grilled so they're steamed at the same time. The consistency reminds you of the patties your mother made for you when she slapped some ground beef together and served between 2 pieces of white bread. Like that Eddie Murphy bit. These are not frozen patties from Westeen Beef.

Steak fries. 'Nuff said.

The milkshakes are 3-in-one, because they give you the mixing cup along with the glass. They use Turkey Hill. Not generic diner ice cream that tastes like paper. Their chocolate cake is beyond reproach. The waitresses are very cute. One in particular has an incredible bubble butt. If she pulled her black tights down each time she passed my table and smothered my face in her sweaty butt cheeks, I'd gladly accept. I would devour her sweaty post work pussy with glee. No ventilation for that crotch. Not with those tights and that thong riding up her tan vulvae and waxed anus. I don't know her name.

2. Z-One and Z-Two in Staten Island

I haven't been to either in about 6 years. But I remember their food being surprisingly good for a diner. Its uncommon for me to order Italian at a diner, but they had excellent meat sauce. At one point, one of the sluts from the Wathogue Rd American girl massage parlor worked at z-Two. I regret not fucking her. She's trash now.

3. Mike Jr's Richmond Diner in Staten Island on Richmond Ave

Excellent blueberry pie. I am very serious about desserts.

I sometimes make pit stops to a handful of diners for specific items that only each individual location has. For example, I have only ever had a Lime Ricky at the Floridian on Flatbush ave. The Georgia Diner on Queens blvd (moved to what used to be the Nevada diner) has better steak fries than Jackson Hole, but everything else is lackluster. I like my steak fries big and soggy. Not crunchy.
Has to be in the 5 boroughs? Cuz Nassau used to be known for it's diners. Nothing else of course, but diners? Hells yeah...

Where in Nassau? I'm always looking for late night eateries to stuff my face after stuffing whores.
Try the New Pantry in RVC, menu is sick. But you will pay a premium. Also, the Whiskey Down Diner in Farmingdale is legit, that menu is so diverse and different. I gave it three shots, and it got better with each visit. Not OMG amazing, but very very good, and clean, and modern.

Come on guys, I'm as addicted to food as I am to 19 yr old pussy. What am I ordering? What time am I going?

These reviews could change lives.

Back in the 80's there were a bunch in the bellmore/merrick area. In order for a diner to be somewhat good, it needs to be Greek owned, I'm not kidding. The Imperial diner in Freeport is pretty decent. Greek owned. Yasuo!
Elaaaa!

..... Also, the Whiskey Down Diner in Farmingdale is legit, that menu is so diverse and different. I gave it three shots, and it got better with each visit. Not OMG amazing, but very very good, and clean, and modern.
I've been there a couple of times since it opened couple months ago and never disappointed. Owner has balls opening a new diner given that diners are closing everywhere, e.g., Spartan Diner at corner of rt110 and rt 24 (empty for couple of years) and Diner Luxe at Rt107 and rt24 to name two. Place is busy every day at every time with waits for seating during peak meal times. One down side is acoustics inside are terrible and when full difficult to hold a conversation due to ambient noise levels — if weather is nice out there is seating in alleyway where at least you can hold a conversation with table mates.

Another place is The Whaler in Cold Spring Harbor. Very diverse menu (Acai bowl is outstanding). A wait at peak meal times. Nice place to go after doing the hiking trail at Cold Spring Harbor State Park (note: the trail is very challenging and if you are not very fit do not even think about it — wear good hiking shoes and a walking stick is a good idea. No bathroom facilities on the trail but CSH Library and has outside entrance facilities where it borders trail. Not uncommon to see lots of Asians from CSH Labs nearby.)

Note: None of the places have the traditional bowl of pickles and coleslaw

Good typical diner fare at Regal Kosher Deli and Caterers (actually a diner) where you get traditional bowl of pickles and coleslaw put on the table when you sit down. Be aware it is kosher so no cheeseburgers.

Mt Sinai heritage diner has always has made decent to good gyros. Lake Grove diner has put out good gyros and good burger deluxes.

I've been to many in Queens and none really stand out. I've been to Jackson hole in Bayside and I think the burger joint in Lic Peteys or something is one of the best burgers I've ever had.

I've got names in NJ for diners. Where there are more than NYC since rent is much cheaper. However I will refrain as this is a nyc thread.

Try out the burger joint I suggested.

I've been there a couple of times since it opened couple months ago and never disappointed. Owner has balls opening a new diner given that diners are closing everywhere, e.g., Spartan Diner at corner of rt110 and rt 24 (empty for couple of years) and Diner Luxe at Rt107 and rt24 to name two. Place is busy every day at every time with waits for seating during peak meal times. One down side is acoustics inside are terrible and when full difficult to hold a conversation due to ambient noise levels — if weather is nice out there is seating in alleyway where at least you can hold a conversation with table mates.

Another place is The Whaler in Cold Spring Harbor. Very diverse menu (Acai bowl is outstanding). A wait at peak meal times. Nice place to go after doing the hiking trail at Cold Spring Harbor State Park (note: the trail is very challenging and if you are not very fit do not even think about it — wear good hiking shoes and a walking stick is a good idea. No bathroom facilities on the trail but CSH Library and has outside entrance facilities where it borders trail. Not uncommon to see lots of Asians from CSH Labs nearby.)

Good typical diner fare at Regal Kosher Deli and Caterers (actually a diner) where you get traditional bowl of pickles and coleslaw put on the table when you sit down. Be aware it is kosher so no cheeseburgers.
I'll definitely have to try Regal. Staten Island used to have the best kosher deli/diner, Golden's Restaurant. It closed a few years ago. The place was huge, and had a pickle BAR. Stuffed peppers, variety of pickles and coleslaw. It was expensive, as kosher delis tend to be, but well worth the price. I miss that place.

I forgot to mention, Jackson Hole gives you pickles and cole slaw when you sit down to order. Usually half-sours, which I love. Definitely my favorite pickle.

billyS

Reign of Terror

For traditional Cole slaw and pickle:,
Triple Crown Diner on Jericho turnpike in Bellrose, just east of the Cross Island Parkway (formally the Bellrose diner)
Floral Park Diner, Tulip Ave, Floral Park
Pantry Diner on Sunrise Highway Rockville Centre,
Coach Diner also Sunrise Highway in Baldwin

Nautilus diner on Massapequa/Amityville line

House Of Donuts in Hicksville
(More of luncheonette)

Mundays in Huntington Village
(Old school diner with great specials)

Mt Sinai heritage diner has always has made decent to good gyros. Lake Grove diner has put out good gyros and good burger deluxes.

I've been to many in Queens and none really stand out. I've been to Jackson hole in Bayside and I think the burger joint in Lic Peteys or something is one of the best burgers I've ever had.

I've got names in NJ for diners. Where there are more than NYC since rent is much cheaper. However I will refrain as this is a nyc thread.

Try out the burger joint I suggested.
For gyros. Fontanas on the corner of Northern and Francis Lewis. The best I've ever had in NY.

Pete's on Queens blvd PALES IN COMPARISON to Jackson Hole. They do have a large booty'd latina hostess, so that's nice.

I got banana pudding from Fontana once. It was good.
I like those greek pizzeria gyro places because they remind me of the long defunct GoGo Souvlaki Express on Staten Island. But they are not diners.

Gonna have to check out Lido.

Pete's on Queens blvd PALES IN COMPARISON to Jackson Hole. They do have a large booty'd latina hostess, so that's nice.

I got banana pudding from Fontana once. It was good.
I like those greek pizzeria gyro places because they remind me of the long defunct GoGo Souvlaki Express on Staten Island. But they are not diners.

Gonna have to check out Lido.
Not that petes. That's Sunnyside.

I'm talking about L.I.C.
46-46 Vernon Blvd, Long Island City, NY 11101
Hunters Point