NY YANKEES , Hot Dogs over rim jobs and the damn delay .

pokler

Power Bottom
As we get ready for another season let me just say there is no greater pleasure in life then getting to the stadium an hour before the game and eating 3-4 hot dogs in the stands with a Bud and bag of peanuts as I watch BP.
I get so high on this as Yankee hot dogs are the best. I'd rather do this then get rimmed my a long tongued hot Asian.

I always take my old transistor radio and listen to John Sterling call the game as I watch live ( and try to block out what's her name )

For decades this was perfect as there was only a few seconds delay btw the broadcast and the game. But starting last year the delay became 20 seconds. This makes it impossible to watch and listen at the same time since I can see the pitch or play we'll before Sterling calls it. The enjoyment of listening to the game as I watch has been taken away from me .

Anyone know why the new delay or how I can solve the problem?

As we get ready for another season let me just say there is no greater pleasure in life then getting to the stadium an hour before the game and eating 3-4 hot dogs in the stands with a Bud and bag of peanuts as I watch BP.
I get so high on this as Yankee hot dogs are the best. I'd rather do this then get rimmed my a long tongued hot Asian.

I always take my old transistor radio and listen to John Sterling call the game as I watch live ( and try to block out what's her name )

For decades this was perfect as there was only a few seconds delay btw the broadcast and the game. But starting last year the delay became 20 seconds. This makes it impossible to watch and listen at the same time since I can see the pitch or play we'll before Sterling calls it. The enjoyment of listening to the game as I watch has been taken away from me .

3or 4 hotdogs is the problem I would worry about

billyS

Reign of Terror

I feel your pain on this.

Back in the Great Dynasty of the late 90's I would often listen to Sterling/Kay with the sound of Joe Buck and others muted on the TV.
Then they put in a delay at some point and I couldn't do it anymore.

I can't solve your problem but I am ABSOLUTELY SHOCKED that you made this statement. Shocked I tell You!!
Who the Fuck are you?? And what have you done with Pokler???

Lastly I'm Sorry
But How the hell can ANYONE listen to Susan Waldman or Even Joh Sterling anymore?!?!

I'm not trying to be age insensitive. But Come ON MAN! Fucking hang it up! Retire & let someone younger get the gig.
At least he has a silver smooth voice. But Ricky Ricardo should have let him drown.
And don't get me started on the HAG!
I never understood how in a medium that is all Sound & no visual How anyone with such a horrid, abrasive, annoying, Speaking voice ever got a job in Radio?? Where your Voice is what should matter MOST!??
To be fair the same goes for Howie Rose!
How does anyone listen to either of them and say "mmm that voice sounds appealing" ???

pokler

Power Bottom
Lastly I'm Sorry
But How the hell can ANYONE listen to Susan Waldman or Even Joh Sterling anymore?!?!

I'm not trying to be age insensitive. But Come ON MAN! Fucking hang it up! Retire & let someone younger get the gig.
At least he has a silver smooth voice. But Ricky Ricardo should have let him drown.
And don't get me started on the HAG!
I never understood how in a medium that is all Sound & no visual How anyone with such a horrid, abrasive, annoying, Speaking voice ever got a job in Radio?? Where your Voice is what should matter MOST!??
To be fair the same goes for Howie Rose!
How does anyone listen to either of them and say "mmm that voice sounds appealing" ???
Yeah it suck's having to listen her annoying female voice but Sterling is every bit part if the Yankees as Mantle , Maris , Jeter.
You haven't lived until you have been at the stadium and with headphones in your ear listen to Sterling do his Yankee's Win ......Yankees Win bit .. at the last out of game .. and then Sinatra comes on ..

pokler

Power Bottom
I can't solve your problem but I am ABSOLUTELY SHOCKED that you made this statement. Shocked I tell You!!
Who the Fuck are you?? And what have you done with Pokler???
Trust me that Pokler has many a young girl circling their tongue around the rim of his asshole. But if I had one night left to live it'd be the Yankees and the hot dogs.

Nothing beat the trio of Bob Murphy, Lindsay Nelson and Ralph Kiner

WOR AM
“ And there’s a shot by xxxx..It’s way back, way back it’s going going gone…”

Good. Ole days…..

I love John and Susan. WHen I am out walking or working on the car I always will have the radio on listening to the game. I am going to try to be more productive this summer. Maybe Work around the house while listening to the radio as opposed to watching the game on TV.