NY Knicks

I think the 90's teams were better than the 70's teams once Willis retired.
I was going to accuse you of sacrilege but then I saw "once Willis retired". It was more than just Willis, Debusschere retired the same year 1974, and they weren't a championship team until they got Debusschere and his defense. There will never be a better Knick team than the early 70's, that's 6 Hall of Famers to just 1 for the 90's, and one of the highest I.Q. teams ever.

Hakeem always outplayed Ewing. They werent in the same class. Plus I blame Riley and Starks for that loss. Starks just threw every shot up repeatedly. He just started chucking, from anywhere, not even looking to pass. And Riley for not taking his ass out. Cant blame Ewing, he was never going to outplay the better player in Hakeem.
That was their game plan for that game. They wanted Starks to shoot but he was ice cold. Blame Riley for not adapting. In fact it's one of Riley's biggest regrets.

I was going to accuse you of sacrilege but then I saw "once Willis retired". It was more than just Willis, Debusschere retired the same year 1974, and they weren't a championship team until they got Debusschere and his defense. There will never be a better Knick team than the early 70's, that's 6 Hall of Famers to just 1 for the 90's, and one of the highest I.Q. teams ever.
That 1969-1970 team was legendary. They had no business beating the mighty Lakers with their three superstars. One of the best NBA finals ever. Clyde’s game 7 was magical.

That was their game plan for that game. They wanted Starks to shoot but he was ice cold. Blame Riley for not adapting. In fact it's one of Riley's biggest regrets.
What a nightmare of a night. The usually red hot Starks missed all 11 of his 3 point attempts. He usually could hit those shots blindfolded. Missed 16 of 18 shots. But with every miss, we were all sure that on the next one, he would catch fire and be the John Starks that he was, and he was a shooter, and Riley lived and died by John Starks.

It was a beautiful team, Ewing, Oakley, Mason, Harper, Anthony -- and despite Starks' abysmal night, they kept it close, waiting for Starks to wake up, and it just never happened -- hearbreak city, big time.

And, if that wasn't enough pain, the next year, Reggie Miller, 8 points in 8.9 seconds. I'll spare you the memories of the gory details. "Miller Time." (Got to blame Spike Lee for that one. Should have just ate his popcorn and cheered his team on. You don't rile up a volcanic personality like Reggie Miller. We have to live with that choke-taunt-revenge image for the rest of our days.)

Excellent start to the road trip beating the teams you should beat. Now comes the hard part, these next 4 games will be tough. Odds are they go 0 for 4. If they are close games and they don't get blown out I'll be happy. 1 or 2 wins and I'll be ecstatic.

Excellent start to the road trip beating the teams you should beat. Now comes the hard part, these next 4 games will be tough. Odds are they go 0 for 4. If they are close games and they don't get blown out I'll be happy. 1 or 2 wins and I'll be ecstatic.
Alan Hahn said it best last night after the telecast- You have to start giving the knicks their respect.

Yes, they have a habit of slow starts (trailing houston, down by 6 to memphis) and continuously doing boneheaded plays leading to costly turnovers which allows the opponent to get back into the game, but the knicks are in 4th place alone. I never in my life thought I would say that this season, let alone anytime soon after the last few years, and since our last winning season 8 years ago.

Knicks are 4th/30 teams in 3pt %. Thats not an aberration. That's a factual statstic.
Knicks are 1st in defensive points allowed/FG allowed/ OPP FG% and OPP 3PT FG% with a net defensive rating overall of 3 behind the lakers and the 76ers (which - havent the lakers been getting their ass beat the past month?) according to Lineups.com - Source

With that being said, the Knicks defense will keep them in the game almost every single night. It's just a matter if the offense will show up, which it has not at times- and can certainly be dreadful. The key things im seeing though, through this winning streak, is that Julius will average 25-30. Barrett has been trustworthy for 18-20pts. D Rose is coming into his own giving 20+ the past two nights and alec burks, pre-covid issues was solid for 12-15. it's just consistency at this point. Would like to see more from the rooks, but obi has it tough playing backup minutes to julius, and being a goon on 3point island when hes on the floor (he's better in my opinion active around the rim for rebounds/offensive rebounds/ slam dunk putbacks).

Denver is an amazing team, but they got blown out by the raptors a few nights ago (look it up!) and are missing murray. Can Nerlens go toe to toe with the Joker? Not on the perimeter, but id rather live with those shots. We know Nerlens will be good at rim protection so Jokic and company will have to play midrange/ 3 point game- Which Jokic has a siiiiiiick mid range game but im sure we can run him off to the perimeter.

the only game on schedule that really "scares" me is LAC, because they've been playing lights out.

We went toe to toe with CP3 and the suns at home before CP3 turned back the clock and went crazy the last 3 minutes. We can keep it close again.

Lebron and the lakers are playing horrible so hopefully we can catch them in their funk still. the ankle will hinder lebron into the playoffs and davis looks rusty after so many weeks out.

If we can win 5 out of these last 7 games, we should be in great position to clinch 4th and have a date with Atlanta, who I think we matchup well against. Cheers to a great season.

Tough loss and a critical one as their defeat drops them into a tie for the fourth seed with three teams. Blown leads in the fourth quarter, they were up 10, and late in OT. As usual, Rose and Randle were terrific. A win would have clinched their playoff spot.

Three home games left in the regular season. Go KNICKS!

It was certainly a tough loss but look how far we've come. This is a new type of loss for them. This was a playoff type game and we needed rebounding and shot making. I'm not sure how we'll fix the rebounding issue without Mitch. But we can certainly fix the shot making issue. Next time, Barrett will know that in late game situations when everything breaks down, get the ball to his playmakers...Julius and Rose.

But like coach always say, you win or you learn and we've done a great job all year of learning from our mistakes.

I trust the Knicks to take this loss and bounce back. LET'S GO KNICKS!!!

It was certainly a tough loss but look how far we've come. This is a new type of loss for them. This was a playoff type game and we needed rebounding and shot making. I'm not sure how we'll fix the rebounding issue without Mitch. But we can certainly fix the shot making issue. Next time, Barrett will know that in late game situations when everything breaks down, get the ball to his playmakers...Julius and Rose.

But like coach always say, you win or you learn and we've done a great job all year of learning from our mistakes.

I trust the Knicks to take this loss and bounce back. LET'S GO KNICKS!!!
No doubt, no one could imagine a season like this. Noel and Gibson have done a fantastic job so I don’t think M-Rob is that missed. I wish that they had another scoring option late in the game other than just give the ball to Randle.

Barrett was ice cold last night. If he made his usual percentage it would of been an easy win.

The Sunday game against the Clippers was a joy to watch.
How bad was that last shot at the buzzer Barrett took? He can certainly drive to the basket well, but some of his air ball shots or the ones that hit the backboard and not even the rim? II dont know. Hopefully one day, he is our 3rd or even 4th option, then we will be doing good. He is not good enough, so far, to be a second option on a good team.

Randle was horrible. I don't expect him to be that bad again. They need to contain Trae Young, who I would like to see take a hard elbow to the face after seeing the faces he made at the end of the game.
Hate Young, I am with you on the elbow, maybe a Hulk Hogan leg drop to finish him off. Punk Ass Bitch with the gestures at the end of the game. He got a free lane to the net on that last play. No traffic in his face ay all.

Randle was horrible. I don't expect him to be that bad again. They need to contain Trae Young, who I would like to see take a hard elbow to the face after seeing the faces he made at the end of the game.
And our enforcer in the lane is questionable tonight. Nerlens Noel missed the final 2.15 minutes of game one which made a difference in the outcome. Clyde went nuts when no one was there to guard Young when he blew by Ntilikina on the eventual game winner.

I would like to see them start IQ or FN tonight. What's the point of starting Payton if he isn't going to play? The Knicks need to strike early and dominate the Hawks tonight.