NY Knicks

It's too bad that they traded Marcus Morris last year. It was a salary dump I believe. He would take a lot of the pressure of Randle who's having an amazing season and is at times unstoppable.

I think Noel has done a good job with Mitchell Robinson hurt.

If they pulled off a trade for Oladipo, that would be amazing.
It wasn't a salary dump they only signed him for 1 year. They weren't going anywhere last year so they were able to trade him for a 1st rounder that turned into Quickley. The smart move IMO.
I personally would not trade for Oladipo. He's going to be a free agent this offseason why would we want to give up any young players or draft picks for a 3 month rental? Plus he's injury prone and incredibly inefficent scoring this year. Less than 40% from the field and only 33% from 3. I'd pass and wait for free agency.

No one giving credit to Rose?
That was a great trade. NY gave up Smith Jr who wasn't even playing and got a former mvp that's still good for 18pts/6ast a game while coming off the bench or filling in as starting pg. Plus the intangibles like mentoring the young players and his leadership.
Interesting stat I saw, coach Thibs with Rose winning percentage is 63%, without is 46%

No one giving credit to Rose?
That was a great trade. NY gave up Smith Jr who wasn't even playing and got a former mvp that's still good for 18pts/6ast a game while coming off the bench or filling in as starting pg. Plus the intangibles like mentoring the young players and his leadership.
Interesting stat I saw, coach Thibs with Rose winning percentage is 63%, without is 46%
Absolutely he gets a lot of credit. He is a great veteran presence. Former MVP of the league that they young players will look up to.

The highlight of the game was Claxton's slam. The Knicks need to sign a scoring star for next year. Aside from Randle, Barrett, Quickly Robinson, Noel, Rose the rest of the team sucks. Toppin is horrible, he can only dunk and can't shoot for shit, he should be playing the low post but from watching basketball again after not having since the Jordan era, I can see the game changed to where everybody lines up around the 3 point perimeter now.

The highlight of the game was Claxton's slam. The Knicks need to sign a scoring star for next year. Aside from Randle, Barrett, Quickly Robinson, Noel, Rose the rest of the team sucks. Toppin is horrible, he can only dunk and can't shoot for shit, he should be playing the low post but from watching basketball again after not having since the Jordan era, I can see the game changed to where everybody lines up around the 3 point perimeter now.
you need the bigs to shoot 3's to unclog the lane, this makes life easier for quickley (floaters) or drose (driving layups) to reach their spots. Granted Toppin has been doing better on 3's (besides last night) he plays limited minutes with insurmountable pressure to live up to his draft expectations. It's hard filling in for an all-star (randle) who plays the same position and i think the limited amount of minutes is whats crippling his growth.

ultimately what it comes down to- thibs wants to win now, wish veterans vs front office growing the rookies. Although I dont agree with some things thibs does (trying to trade draft picks/ only maintaining a 9-10 man rotation) but i give him props for turning the culture around in ways that hornacek and fitzdale have not.

I just hope they can continue to improve and become a dominant team. I want to feel the way I did in the early 70's again as a 13 year old boy who loved this team more than anything.
The 90's were amazing - just couldn't beat Jordan and lost that ridiculous series to Houston. They did get to the finals against San Antonio as an 8th seed but were way overmatched. I think the 90's teams were better than the 70's teams once Willis retired. They won in 1973 when Jerry Lucas played a huge role.

When the Rangers won the cup in 1994 you had the Knicks and Rangers playing every other night for a few weeks. It was wild. Too bad the Knicks couldn't win one of those two games in Houston for the championship. Hakeem played better than Ewing.

The 90's were amazing - just couldn't beat Jordan and lost that ridiculous series to Houston. They did get to the finals against San Antonio as an 8th seed but were way overmatched. I think the 90's teams were better than the 70's teams once Willis retired. They won in 1973 when Jerry Lucas played a huge role.

When the Rangers won the cup in 1994 you had the Knicks and Rangers playing every other night for a few weeks. It was wild. Too bad the Knicks couldn't win one of those two games in Houston for the championship. Hakeem played better than Ewing.
Hakeem always outplayed Ewing. They werent in the same class. Plus I blame Riley and Starks for that loss. Starks just threw every shot up repeatedly. He just started chucking, from anywhere, not even looking to pass. And Riley for not taking his ass out. Cant blame Ewing, he was never going to outplay the better player in Hakeem.