Notice to New Guys. READ THIS BEFORE YOU GO ANY FURTHER!!!

Let me guess. Why are my posts getting deleted? It's because they are all questions. I will take a little (very little) time to explain a couple of things to you.
1. You, as a new user, are not permitted to ask questions. Invariably they are all going to be stupid questions. You may not think so, but I swear with my right hand on my favorite left breast that it is true. You could have answers to 99.99% of your stupid questions if you would bother to...
2. Search. This community has asked and answered more questions than you might ever imagine. There is a damn good search engine up on the top tool bar if you would bother to learn how to use it.
3. Contribute. FNGs that do not contribute are considered to be selfish little idiots. Just like you. Contribute until it hurts, then contribute some more. After 10 or more of these Kosher posts we can talk again.

Here Here I do believe in giving first and giving until it hurts before you can ask questions on a board. Building a foundation you can stand on will have people see you for the right reasons. Look at the many posts all of the above have, more than me I have to say, and all are interesting posts. Look back and read and understand. For myself I have not written any questions but have tried to contribute when I can. When you are still a rookie you are always walking a tight line until people know you. Just trying to help the board and the rookies. By the way magicfingers their have been late nights trying to learn your writing in english and dyslexia, but I am leaning.

I'd love to be posting but being a newbie to the board and to the hobby don't feel I have much to contribute yet. But I do know enough to note that... I will not contribute to any drama, in my posts or replying to posts of others, on UG or off UG/backchannel. I will not "stir the pot", incite others to gang up on posters, providers, etc. I will do my best to ELIMINATE drama, rather than create it. I'm not here for the drama!

Older threads that predate the topic title rule like the AMP threads you listed are grandfathered in as far as that specific non-conforming issue and are allowed to continue.

As far as why the Flushing AMP thread was locked, this was an earlier post by Slinky in one of those threads:
Reviews are only useful if they provide enough information for someone to repeat the experience which means either a phone number or an EXACT address, not "some place on Farrington and 35th" or "I met some amp girl on the 40th and we went back to her amp". But the first time someone posts a review with no info it will get closed again.

Because you have no posts and with your first post you are trying to shill a place.

You also keep posting a link to your/their website. Not allowed.

Write a legit review with just the phone number and location in the title and we'll think about approving the post
thanks for the advice, so many rules. I guess I missed the part about the web site. I have seen other posting with websites.

OK, I will try again. I'm new here and just trying to figure this out, but I'm a long time hobbyist, just trying to get into the forum.

thanks

billyS

Reign of Terror
thanks for the advice, so many rules. I guess I missed the part about the web site. I have seen other posting with websites.

OK, I will try again. I'm new here and just trying to figure this out, but I'm a long time hobbyist, just trying to get into the forum.

thanks
The rules change from time to time, so you might have seen an older post that was made before the rule change.
No problem.